Shows new comments posted on reddit and Hacker News since you last visited a comment thread.
This extension remembers last time you visited comment threads on reddit and Hacker News and highlights the comments that were posted since your last visit. If you turned on Chrome sync, this setting will be shared across all your browsers so you can keep track of discussions even on multiple computers.
- (2016-05-21) Mad Cyroz: Doesn't work with nightmode, other than that it's fine.
- (2015-10-23) Stephanie: simple.
- (2015-06-12) Great extension for highlighting new Reddit posts.
- (2019-05-14, v:15) Jeff Heikkinen: Configurable colurs
Any way this could be updated to allow the user to choose the colour of highlighting? I just don't like the current yellow so for me personally it's purely an aesthetic preference, but apparently some other people have issues where it also makes the new comments hard to read.
- (2016-12-26, v:15) Ryan Kasten: Shortcut to jump to highlighted comments?
- (2015-12-13, v:14) John Markus Bjørndalen: Dark mode/configurable highlight
I'm reading reddit using a dark mode extension to reduce eye strain. The yellow highlights that "New comments" introduce make it hard to read new comments. Is it possible to configure "new comments" to use a different colour, or could you add such an option? Regards and thanks for a nice extension.
- (2015-10-28, v:14) Daniel Bethe: all web sites?
Doesn't its permissions say that it wants access to read and write *all* web sites I visit? Why not just reddit.com? Is there an extension (or can this one be upgraded) where it actually helps me find the new comments? Make a list or a feed of them, hopefully with notifications? Thanks.
- (2015-08-31, v:14) mi rek: custom time for highlight
It would be good to have manual date&time entry next to "highlight since" combobox.
- (2015-05-25, v:14) May Junes: How does this work?
How does this work?
- (2015-04-23, v:13) Bob Demers: stopped working, had to clear cache/history
It somehow stopped working for me. I cleared my cache/history, removed app. Then restarted the browser and re-added the extension and that worked. Is there some way you could add option to clear the extensions history or how does it store when last visited each thread? When I would go to the same thread in reddit it would keep showing as 'first visit'.