Highlight unread comments since your last visit to a Reddit comment section.
Lightweight and customizable alternative to a feature normally reserved to Reddit gold users. It requires minimal permissions and syncs between browser sessions! It supports RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) night mode and custom CSS! Note that highlights won't show until the second time you visit a comment thread after you install the extension. Please report any problems you encounter to github issues page. Planned features: =============== • None as of now Feel free to suggest features! Update Log: ========== Version 2.0.1: • Fix: Issue where comments would not get highlighted. Version 2.0.0: • Feature: Support for `reddit.com` ("redesign"). • Feature: Choice between local or synced storage. • Feature: Optional storage compression. • Feature: Automatic refresh on configuration change. • Feature: Opt-in error reporting. Version 1.2.0: • Feature: Firefox support. • Fix: Issue where comments would not get highlighted. • Notice: Having the options page in a separate tab is deprecated, so it's now shown in a modal window. Version 1.1.1: • Fix: Issue where comments not shown on page load (like comments shown after clicking "load more comments") would not get highlighted (thanks @madLyfe for the bug report). • Fix: Issue on options page where RES usage setting would not be saved unless all settings explicitly saved. • Fix: Issue where viewing a perma-linked comment would mark the whole thread read. Version 1.1.0: • Feature: Proper RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite) night mode support! • Feature: Advanced settings (link & quote color). • Feature: Native color picker. (thanks @Two-Tone for the suggestions) Version 1.0.2: • Fix: Spell checker disabled in CSS text box. Version 1.0.0: • Feature: Option to clear highlight on click. • Feature: Option to redirect mobile to desktop site. • Fix: More lightweight (reason for color picker change). • Fix: More responsive options page, minor color/layout fixes & no silent errors. • Note: This update will ask for your permission to access all reddit pages (previously the extension only had access to subreddit pages). Version 0.10.0: • Fix: No longer highlight logged in users' comments (thanks @Two-Tone for the suggestion). Version 0.9.0: • Feature: Use custom CSS for styling (thanks @jtraub for the suggestion). • Feature: Customizable font color. Version 0.7.0: • Fix: Issue where last comment wouldn't get highlighted (thanks @SilentException for the bug report). Version 0.6.0: • Fix: Passive background script. Version 0.5.0: • Feature: Options page. • Feature: Customizable highlight color and border. Version 0.2.0: • Feature: New icon. • Feature: Improved comment styling. Version 0.1.0: • Initial release • Basic functionality
- (2023-05-13) Martin Fakt: Works very inconsistently.
- (2022-12-18) Dangelman: Very useful feature that Reddit hid behind a subscription. Happy the developer integrated support for redesign, sometimes the extension has some hiccups but it seems to work well now. If you use Reddit on a regular base, this is a very recommended must-have extension.
- (2022-11-29) Auggy plus: Not working anymore?
- (2021-04-29) Cassie G: Works as intended, even supports night mode for RES. 6 stars out of 5.
- (2018-12-05) Lee Taylor: great extension, has worked flawlessly for me on the traditional reddit design, unfortunately i tried the redesign reddit today which no doubt will be future reddit and this didn't work, i really hope this gets updated for it as i quite like reddit redesign
- (2018-03-21) c3: Despite having set the maximum storage period of 2 weeks, the highlighter often doesn't work on threads just a few days old. RES will show that there are new comments but this extension will often fail to highlight them in threads that I've subscribed to and haven't visited in a few days (but still well under the 2-week flush limit). OTOH, this extension works well for recently-posted and/or recently visited threads.
- (2018-02-22) dlr5668: Good one. Works with RES as well
- (2017-11-18) Pie Row: Didn't work. This is a scam. They must have used fake accounts.
- (2017-10-31) Craig Sheppard: Works perfect, thanks dev.
- (2015-09-02) Olami Akinfemiwa: It randomly stops working at times for whatever reason.
- (2014-09-27) maddada: make it work with RES please?
- (2014-07-08) I I: Make it work with RES pls.