Easily read news and articles while you highlight your progress
Highlight Reading makes it easy to read news and articles online by highlighting your current lines/sentence so you don't lose where you are. Usage: When you are in article page, hit the icon to enable it. Once enabled it will start to play to highlight sentences. You can pause or play with "c" and forward with "x" and rewind with "z" You can change the speed, shortcuts, highlight color in options. This is alpha so there maybe bugs. If you have suggestions or bug report please report at [email protected]
- (2020-10-12) A T: Great extension, overall. However, it would be great if users could have control of the line highlighting. That is, the highlighting goes off on its own, which is what it should do, but sometimes you need to go back, and the line highlighting keeps going, and you have to wait until it goes back to the beginning or leave the page you want to read, come back, and start over.
- (2017-02-12) Saurabh Palaspagar: Does not work
- (2017-01-25) Ryan Carroll: Can you make it work on Google docs?
- (2016-08-08) A Rankin: Doesn't work!
- (2016-02-23) Tianqi Jiang: This is great. I've been looking for something of this kind for a long time. As a non-native English speaker, reading websites written in English and long articles are always painful for me. With this highlight reading tool, I am able to read in a fixed pace and continue reading throughout the whole article. Thank you developer!
- (2016-01-23) Mark Ifi: this is great.
- (2015-10-26) Anneke Paige: Okay, very simple but makes long reads much easier to concentrate on and not get lost.
- (2014-09-11) Monna Lissa Raja: This is useful especially for long read. Simple tool but very useful.
- (2016-08-08, v:0.0.3) A Rankin: not working
Would you please fix it? It is no longer working.
- (2016-01-23, v:0.0.3) Mark Ifi: by-word highlighting
would you consider by word highlighting? i think it might be good.