Search your tabs.
Move from tab to tab faster by searching for your tab. - Start a search with Ctrl+T (OSX) or Alt+T (Windows/Linux/ChromeOS). - Search for a tab based on tab title, content, and url. If you don't remember what the title of the tab was, but you can still search for it by keywords in the content of the tab. - Jump to last tab by immediately hitting enter after opening tabbr. - Preview tabs. A snapshot of the tab is displayed on the side. tabbr is currently in beta.
- (2019-01-31) Mahiro R: This extension will eat up your CPU when you have many tabs.
- (2018-05-09) Anton Tsvilikhovskiy: Would be great if it worked consistently. 60% of the time when I found the tab I was looking for using the search, I couldn't switch to it. Clicking it or tapping enter as you're supposed to did absolutely nothing. I'm switching to another extension :/
- (2017-09-18) Dan Moorehead — PowerSheet.ai: Uses 8% of CPU much of the time, even when never used extension and when not opening tabs or doing anything in browser. Uses 500MB RAM at least. Gets worse with more tabs. Might even have been source of memory leak resulting in using 25 GB of RAM.
- (2017-08-09) Yuhan Santoso: Looking good but lacking features. We need tab grouping and archiving.
- (2017-03-27) Lorenzo Pavesi: Exactly what I need!
- (2017-02-02) J C alt dyndns: Blank when opened with lots of tabs worthless what the heck is this thing doing in the background? Justin Cram DyingJedi
- (2016-11-10) pascualo aaa: very fast and well designed
- (2016-02-15) Sameer Khan: It really works tabs + history... preview is not working though.... A shortcut key wud b really helpful... also not searching the bookmarks...
- (2015-05-15) Wesley Killingsworth: I got this for the 'search content of tabs' feature but it doesn't seem to work. It only searches tab title and url; not content. It this way it is no different than multiple other extensions out there that do the same thing.
- (2015-01-04) Daniel Bonnell: As a developer, this is a great way to save a second or two each time I need to pull up a tab in Chrome. Doesn't sound like much time, but those seconds add up really quickly.
- (2014-12-27) Aymon Fournier: I love this, please continue work on it, I would donate money to this project. Ideally implement some sort of fast indexing of pages, to search the content of those pages, instead of just the titles. If I only remember a few words I just read and lose the tab, I would love to be able to Ctrl T and find it with my haphazard thought
- (2014-09-11) Awesome!
- (2013-11-03) Nice tab switcher. Could be better if we can choose the keyboard shortcut ourselves and if also recently closed tabs and bookmarks are shown (greyed out / at bottom of list).
- (2013-10-09) Abhishek Upadhyaya Ghimire: Great app....
- (2013-09-25) Pavleen Thukral: How do you use it on chrome os? What's the keyboard shortcut? ctr-t doesnt work and ctr-alt-t is the shortcut for shell on chromeOS
- (2013-09-25) Zubair Ahsan: Amazing job guys!
- (2013-09-24) Michael Shuffett: Great job. One of more useful MHacks. I think it would be awesome if you could somehow integrate this with bookmarks as well. In my mind it could abstract open tabs and bookmarks away.
- (2013-09-24) K Alnajar: Nice job! My favorite MHack as well!
- (2013-09-24) Zach Rasavanh: This was my favorite MHacks hack
- (2013-09-24) Benjamin Cohen: Awesome!
- (2013-09-23) Vibha Rao: Super useful, and the creators did an awesome job.
- (2013-09-23) Hayden Lee: Favorite app from #MHacks!
- (2013-09-23) Matthew Wein: Great app! Please please add a feature to open new tabs from the search box too
- (2013-09-23) Spencer Miskoviak: Good work! Saw this at MHacks as well!
- (2013-09-23) Adam Bratt: Awesomeness. Peter and Don have outdone themselves
- (2017-09-18, v:0.0.2) Dan Moorehead — PowerSheet.ai: Always Using CPU + Much Memory
Uses 8% of CPU much of the time, even when never used extension and when not opening tabs or doing anything in browser. Uses 500MB RAM at least. Gets worse with more tabs. Might even have been source of memory leak resulting in using 25 GB of RAM.
- (2017-08-09, v:0.0.2) Benyamin Limanto: Sometime the tabs aren't updated
The tabs list isn't updated, that's quite a problematic and sucks. It stay there even the tab closed.
- (2015-12-15, v:0.0.2) GodTotem: Page focus on switching between 3 or more tabs
when you have more than 2 tabs and switch on tab, page focus is lost and you need do click on page to get it back (sorry for bad english).
- (2014-12-27, v:0.0.0.7) Aymon Fournier: Love this + Idea
I love this, please continue work on it, I would donate money to this project. Ideally implement some sort of fast indexing of pages, to search the content of those pages, instead of just the titles. If I only remember a few words I just read and lose the tab, I would love to be able to Ctrl T and find it with my haphazard thought Also remappable shortcut. I am a software developer as well and would love to help you work on this.
- (2014-03-01, v:0.0.0.7) Zane Whitney: Custom Keymapping to open tabbr
Hi Great extension! The only one that really accomplishes my needs. Any chance you could make the control-t shortcut remappable? I like to use control-t on mac for transposing characters in text editing. Thanks
- (2014-02-03, v:0.0.0.7) Bùi Thế Hòa: Alt + T Doesn't Work
Hi Firstly, thank you for an awesome extension. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10, Chrome 32.0 and the Alt + T shortcut doesn't open tabbr as expected. What could be the problems? Thanks Hoa