Tab Search provides easy tab navigation, it enables searching open tabs using tab URLs and titles, shortcut - Ctrl/Cmd+.
Tab Search provides easy tab navigation, it enables searching open tabs using tab URLs and titles. Ctrl/Cmd+. shortcut opens Tab Search popup. Use arrow keys to navigate the tabs and Enter to switch to the chosen tab. The default keyboard shortcuts could be customized in chrome://extensions/shortcuts. Changes in Tab Search 0.3 - Searching across tabs in all windows (as requested by many users) - Changing default shortcut to Ctrl/Cmd+. since the previous one was tampering with Google Docs and Quip functionality.
- (2022-12-20) 43 Rassal Kumar: It works well for simple tab management but found it difficult to use with 20+ tabs open. I switched to Findr because it had features for extensive tab management and let me search for my used links saving me a lot of time. Worth a shot. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/findr-find-documents-mana/hbgjcippdhmfpkpfcnpimempnkimhein
- (2021-11-12) Jerry Leventer: The Extension Author has been responsive to User Requests. But he seems to have stopped at version 0.3 back in January 2020. Two suggestions made in other reviews are: 1. The dropdown is too small. 2. It would be nice if you could delete a tab from the list of tabs in the extension's dropdown. 2a. Related is to be able to select more than one tab for deletion using Shift+select or Ctrl+select (Windows). (This is a luxury not critical since you can easily just go to the window and do it from there.)
- (2021-04-23) Void7327: Gud bai... :'-D I've had really happy time with this ext..(Chrome updated and has a dupe func. with this "tab search".) Loved it!!
- (2021-04-02) Jess Gold: ilu. default hotkey definitely works out of the box edit: updated review -- whenever you open the extension to search, it takes 5-10 seconds to load depending on how many total tabs you have open across all windows. lazy load doesnt make sense here; real time update of tab list will make it more performant. will update rating if fixed
- (2021-03-24) Sait Izmit: very helpful but unfortunately the shortcut is not working
- (2021-03-19) Tomoyuki Aota: The chortcut ctrl+. does nothing. I'm not sure if that conflicts with other apps/extensions. The shortcut needs to be configurable.
- (2021-02-19) Sam Tipton: Great concept. Default hotkey doesn't work out of the box. You should provide menu where you can set hotkey.
- (2020-11-19) Mike Lin: This is the best plugin I have found so far to manage my insane number of browser windows and tabs. Thank you! Some suggestions to improve it further would be to make the list longer (it currently only shows four tabs). Maybe show 10 tabs along with a scroll bar? Also, the ability to "x" out a tab and close it immediately would be helpful. Great job and thank you for creating this utility!
- (2020-08-31) David Hidalgo: does what it says!
- (2020-06-26) Eric Schwarzenbach: This works great, better than the other tab finder extension I was using. And I', someone with too many tabs open all the time! I like the clean look of the results. However, it is maddening that the results appear in this tiny drop down window that cannot be resized. The window only fits like 3 results without having to drag the scroll bar. PLEASE let us change the size of this, this is essential for usability. Ideally we should drag it larger and it would then remember this size and come up that way next time we use it. Thanks!
- (2020-03-23) Wu Tony: Fast Search ,very Good.
- (2020-01-02) Van Plda: Not very useful since it cannot search other windows. Other more complex tab managers easily implements this.
- (2019-11-26) John Weiss: Awesome extension. But, wish the listbox was longer. Thx!
- (2019-10-01) Metan Patel: Decent App, but need to allow ability to change shortcut key. When using Ctrl I for italics in any built in word doc., it tries to search.. Ill change the review and stars after being contacted in regards to this
- (2019-07-26) Johny Why: Great! One of the best extensions. TINY. Works. REQUEST: Longer, or adjustable (persisted), drop-down list. Double usefulness-- your LIST. THX!
- (2019-02-08) Mirek Interactive: No option to show all address with tab name. No option to remember last searched query. No option to sort tabs (in the list) by the "last usage" order. No option to resize the popup window. Need more results. No option to change fonts and/or this huge padding.
- (2018-12-17) Tony Mar: works perfectly
- (2018-09-06) Tibor Szász: Please add support for multiple windows. Currently it only works in a single window. Design is neat tho.
- (2018-08-07) AladinZ: Works perfectly fine.
- (2018-05-11) Mogan Shieh: Pretty useless. Doesn't search across all windows, only lists a few of the tabs in the current window and not even all of them. Also since the hotkey isn't configurable, the default Ctrl+I conflicts with things like Google Docs.
- (2018-02-25) Tiffany Beth Larson: Not useful because it only searches the tabs that are open in the current window. I have a dozen windows open and need something to search all tabs in all windows.
- (2018-02-21) j. rodman: Will only search the current window.'s tabs. Wasted my time installing this.
- (2018-02-19) Vitaly Zdanevich: Please add an optional dark theme and make height max. And why this extension need to read my history?
- (2018-02-13) Sam Metcalfe: Perfect. Not sure why this isn't an out-of-the-box feature.
- (2018-02-09) Nathan Hollis: Definitely need ability to search all tabs in all Chrome windows from any other window. Otherwise it's just not that useful.
- (2018-01-09) Lukas Gibb: Works well and nice clean layout, but will it ever be possible to search all tabs in all Chrome windows from any other window. This is what I really need. If it had that ability this would definitely be a 5 star. I tried a few other extensions that either didn't work or didn't quite hit the mark. This is my favourite so far but still unfortunately doesn't hit the mark.
- (2017-11-10) Alex D: Simple and flawless!
- (2017-10-22) A P: I like it, but would like to see a way to close some tabs from search results too. Middle click or "x" button. Or even - "close all" button. I understand, that I can't pay for this.
- (2017-03-20) Diana G: Really helps with work and general searching! Highly recommend!
- (2021-06-10, v:0.3) Gilberto Pimenta: caso usuário não goste tem que ter como desativar esse aplicativo com facilidade, é o meu caso não gostei
caso usuário não goste tem que ter como desativar esse aplicativo com facilidade, é o meu caso não gostei
- (2021-04-15, v:0.3) Brad Templeton: Turn off delay after activating extension before typing
For some reason, after I click on the icon or use Ctrl-. there is a 1-2 second delay before it pops up the window with the search box. Is there a reason for this delay? Is it possible to turn it off? My machine is very fast, so it's not that.
- (2020-11-04, v:0.3) Varsha Muzumdar: Shortcut "Ctrl+." doesn't work when multiple extensions installed
I recently installed "Tab search" and its documentation says "Ctrl+." as shortcut to open this extension popup. However, "Ctrl+." does not open Tab search for me. Also doublechecked if this shortcut is assigned for any other extension via chrome://extensions/shortcuts but that doesn't seem to be the case. Shortcuts for all other extensions except this one work fine. Can you take a look?
- (2020-06-27, v:0.3) adriancombe: Did I miss the point of this?
It seems to only search urls, not the page content.