A minimalist tab manager. Search, switch, rearrange, and close tabs from the toolbar menu.
Tab Menu is a minimalist tab manager for Chrome. It enables you to search, switch, rearrange, and close tabs from the toolbar menu. It supports both mouse operations as well as keyboard operations. This extension was originally created by Frank Yan, who stopped maintaining it around mid 2013. I recovered it from my installation and maintain it on GitHub, for the sake of those who love it.
- (2021-10-04) Harold Raulston: Brilliant! Lists all open tabs from different windows and allows searching tabs by keyword. Can rearrange tabs within a window or even move them to different windows. I love this extension!
- (2021-09-25) Rei Onami: Simple and convenient better than other similar thanks, Ye
- (2021-02-10) Deb Wot: Just installed yesterday and there was a computer update and the restore did not work and all the tabs I had open for a reason are gone. Installing this was the worst mistake ever.
- (2020-12-20) James Friedman: I set Ctrl+M to open the manager, then press Tab to leave the Search box, then down-arrow to the tab I'm looking for, press Enter, and done. Makes for a very quick and stream-lined system. Was keeping 4 or 5 different browsers open at all times for organizational purposes - but with this extension am hoping to reduce that to two or three, one for work logins (Chrome), one for personal logins to some of the same apps that also have work accounts (probably will use Brave or Vivaldi), and one for a live-page test for web development (Edge).
- (2020-10-13) Ale Ferriz: facil de achar as abas
- (2019-05-27) Thomas Guyot-Sionnest: I've used many tab managers before and all I really want is the ability to search/manage/close tabs from a menu. This extension is exactly what it does and nothing more (session is already saved by chrome - a settings option). It's also open source, hosted on GitHub, so easy to ensure the extension lives on if the developer leaves. If all you need is a simple lightweight tab helper this is the right extension for you.
- (2019-04-30) Bogdan Kiselitsa: Doesn't do everything, but what it does it does well. The best extension of it's kind!
- (2019-01-29) Alfonso Reimunde: Muy práctico para localizar pestañas cuando se tienen muchas abiertas y no se ve el nombre en ellas. La mejor que he probado para esto. La pestaña en uso debería estar preseleccionada cuando abres el menú. Sería mucho más cómodo. The best Tabs List extension I've tried so far to see all opened tabs even when you can't see the titles on them because of so many... However the current tab should be preselected to be perfect ;-)
- (2018-12-10) Kin: Works great, loves the tab rearrangement ability!
- (2018-08-09) Acer Aspire: Уважаемый разработчик ! ОГРОМНЕЙШАЯ ПРОСЬБА : Сделай пожалуйста числовое отображение открытых вкладок на значке расширения!
- (2018-06-11) 小野牛: 還不錯 我找到理想的
- (2018-05-16) ace win: 不错不错，终于又上线了~
- (2018-02-04) Alex: WOW, it was updated! Thanks for fixing the icons of the "chrome:/" tabs.
- (2018-01-23) Rise Xu: 更新后，标签名错乱的问题解决了，赞！
- (2017-12-21) Ameya S: The tab search bar at the top scrolls out of sight when you scroll down the tabs list...one has to scroll back up all the way to the top if you had to search tabs inbetween.. And it doesn't remember the last scrolled down position (like in Firefox)...keeps starting from the top every time you click the Tab Menu icon..
- (2017-11-14) Bobbie Wood: best extension ever
- (2017-09-23) euros ST.: WOW!! This is what I was looking for. I was searching for almost an hour to find this extension. I installed some similar ones and after I found this one, I removed them! :-) Also, It opens very fast each tab I click on from the List, in comparison to other similar extensions! And the search Box engine works perfect, in comparison to the (TooManyTabs) extension I used to have before. Which couldn't find the tabs I was searching for. Two suggestions though: 1)Add a number of opened tabs somewhere. So to be able to know how many tabs we have open in our browser. 2)If you could add also thumbnails, while we "hover over" each tab, will be perfect. Thank you for this great extention!!
- (2017-09-13) Eugene Leonov: Для некоторых строк в списке вкладок почему-то сливаются URL и Title страницы (одно поверх другого), так что невозможно разобрать, что там за URL или название страницы. Не знаю, поправит ли разработчик этот баг, из-за него перехожу на более тяжёлый Tabs Outliner.
- (2017-06-06) PrivateEYE: 수십개이상의 탭을 열었을때 특정 탭을 찾아보는데 아주 좋음
- (2017-06-04) Дмитрий Соловьёв: Надо же, стандартный функционал Firefox'a необходимо добавлять в хром расширениями
- (2017-06-02) irfan quazi: Works as intended, and no flaws so far.
- (2017-06-02) Joel Wasinger: Meh. Limited functionality. There are better extensions elsewhere. This one's okay for what it does, but I had hoped for actual tab management and recall.
- (2017-05-16) Boris Ns: Исключительно полезная штука. Когда открыто много вкладок - просто незаменима
- (2017-03-12) WIlliam Hanna: Really nice, and simple. Gets the job done without getting in your way. Great job!!
- (2017-03-10) Jordan Zanatta: Amazing. Was really hoping something like this existed.
- (2017-01-24) Alexander Tyumryukov: Лаконичный список открытых вкладок, бонусом есть поиск по открытым вкладкам (в названии и в адресе). Просто великолепно, то что нужно, когда накопилась огромная куча открытых вкладок.
- (2017-01-12) Lee Doron: Love the simplicity and responsiveness.
- (2017-01-09) Roscoe Cook: The most useful tabs manager that I have found. Quick and simple.
- (2016-09-15) Peter Schaefer: How long was I waiting for the original Tab Menu to return! I found somewhere a Tab Menu_1_8_6.crx that stored as a file and installed it from there to any Chrome for years now. But now at Chrome 53.0.2785.116 m that did not work anymore. However, here is the good old Tab Menu again! Light-weight with all that it needs, but just this. Great!
- (2016-08-14) Roy Heidemann: Thank you so much for recovering my most favourite Chrome extension.
- (2021-01-19, v:9.0.3) Four Non: Feature Request
Ability to select multiple tabs to reorganize.
- (2020-10-29, v:9.0.3) Bruce Hamilton: No Tab Menu icon in toolbar - Opera 72.0.3815.186 (Windows 10)
I use Tab Menu in several other browsers. Just now I tried to install it in the latest Opera 72.0.3815.186 (Windows 10). The Extensions manager acts like it thinks Tab Menu is successfully installed and enabled. However, I cannot access it since the icon fails to display in the toolbar. I saw the Tab Menu icon flash very briefly at first installation, but now even after restarting, the icon fails to display.
- (2020-06-17, v:9.0.3) Ed Sabol: Tab Menu not working with latest Chrome?
Tab Menu is not working with the latest version of Chrome (83.0.4103.106). The menu is empty except for the search field. Is it just me? I guess Google changed the APIs again?
- (2020-05-22, v:9.0.3) Lee Doron: More lines visible in menu
Excellent extension! I would love it even more if the menu length were not limited to about 25.9 lines. On my 1080p screen, when I maximize Chrome, there's room for around 16 additional lines. Some screens might allow even more. Does Chrome impose some sort of artificial limit? If not, it would be great to see a length of MAX(# of tabs, # of lines that can fit vertically). Thanks!
- (2019-01-16, v:9.0.3) Godwin: Ability to sort order of tabs.
I really love this extension and primarily got it because i have like 80+ tabs in one window, but the chrome window isnt full screen so some of the tabs are cut off. this extension allows me to access those tabs without having to change my window size, and i love it for that. but it would be great if i could sort the order of the tabs in such a way that the tabs that are hidden/ cant be clicked on are shown first rather than last. so for example with 80 tabs on, i can only see 55 at the size of the window i set chrome to. SO it would be awesome if the last 25 tabs are viewed first. or if possible extend the size of the tab menu so we can see more tabs. of course it would be preferred if these were all options users could turn on and off at their whim. thank you again for this excellent extension
- (2018-07-23, v:9.0.3) Ferrier XT: keep jerking when tabs over 30+
When I click Tab Menu, and scroll on the menu, the window keeps jerking..
- (2018-03-02, v:8.0.1) J K: need to stay on top when clicked on other tab
then this extension would be much more useful
- (2018-02-06, v:8.0.1) E5tarh: List opened tabs
Hello. What is different between? They exactly similar.
- (2018-02-04, v:8.0.1) Alex: Add closing the tab on clicking on the mouse wheel
Add the closing tab in the list by clicking the mouse wheel. It isn't always convenient to reach for the closing button on the right.
- (2018-02-02, v:8.0.1) JM Clavijo: Problem with the dropdown menu
Currently the menu is not visible past the web frame. So when I click on it, anything bellow the menu bars just disappears.
- (2018-02-01, v:8.0.1) Migotes: Usable with Browser Vivaldi?
Hi, By using the Vivaldi Browser the popup window does not close when you click on a menu item. Can you fix this?
- (2017-11-14, v:7.1.3) Ed Sabol: Garbled text
I absolutely cannot live without this extension. Thank you for all the effort you've put into it. Unfortunately, ever since the release of Chrome 60, some menu items show garbled text. It seems to occur with pages with long titles or maybe pages that don't have a web icon. I would really appreciate it if this could be fixed!
- (2017-08-29, v:7.1.3) Bill F: Text is Garbled
I didn't know how to describe this until I saw Carlo post, Tx. Short and long items, multiple Windows versions, Chrome v60.0.3112.101/113. It generally occurs in the lower part of the list and not particularly every line. I wish I could include a screen capture. It started perhaps 3-4 weeks ago. This is one of the truly helpful apps so PLEASE RESPOND so we don't feel left out in the cold & PLEASE FIX IT. Thank you
- (2017-08-04, v:7.1.3) Carlos Smith: With Chrome 60, text is garbled
With Chrome 60, certain menu items seem to have garbled text, perhaps due to long titles? Makes it difficult to use now. This is happening on all three machines I use this on.