Listen to the web using text-to-speech. Perfect for dyslexia, low vision, students, researchers, kids, learning to read.
The smartest website reader on Chrome. WebOutLoud reads websites out loud using the high-quality native voice included with your operating system. No text selection is required. It will automatically continue reading paragraph after paragraph. Not only that, it will highlight words as it reads them. It's simple! Just navigate to any web page and touch play. Web Out Loud will read web pages using chrome's high quality text-to-speech synthesis technology. * It reads pretty much any webpage you can throw at it. * Highlights words and paragraphs as it reads. * Tell the app where to begin reading using Touch Assist, or enable the powerful Smart Mode to isolate readable content automatically. * Dozens of different voices depending on operating system and extensions.
- (2020-10-12) Thalha S: Simple and very useful
- (2020-10-05) Дмитрий Журко: Beautiful. I would like to be able to choose the speed of the TTS to the limit.
- (2020-02-25) MES S: This extension is a great addition to my computer and daily life! As I work, I can listen to articles easily! (instead of listening to the radio, for example, and get a good brainwash!). I really appreciate all the new features! Web Out Loud just gets better and better! Thank you.
- (2019-09-24) Chris Vydas: Requires sign-up! Useless. Not mentioned anywhere in the description
- (2019-02-05) Jason Shaverin: It first makes you sign up and once you do it says you must download an iphone app to continue. I am using this on my chrome browser and so dont want or need the app on my iphone. I cant seem to use it without downloading it so will need to uninstall. As im uninstalling, please can you delete my sign up credentials.
- (2018-10-28) Christian Estevez: I love your extension but I wish that I could assign a more natural voice
- (2018-10-04) Samit Patel: This extension is awesome! I find myself using it everyday at work and it's very helpful and easy to use. The developer is very responsive as well I reached out to him about an issue I was experiencing and he responded back within minutes with a fix!
- (2016-10-14) Drewby: All it wants me to do is download their app on my phone, doesn't do its job.
- (2016-07-09) walid u.s: it is working very good with web pages , you can use it to read pdf when view it by online app , you can use native voice on your computer or change it to google voice extension that is available on chrome web store. it will be great if the developer fix the issue related to reading text contain many links (like wikipedia) and support pdf without using online app
- (2016-01-30) ThaS do Mato: no, there is no speaking in multiple languages, there's ONLY the 'native' option of voice. if my IP is from brazil, it will read a text in english in native portuguese. besides, it requires sign in and once you do that it requires another sign in to iOS for push notifications. it's useless.
- (2015-11-04) Daniel Sánchez: Register? Nah, thanks.
- (2021-06-28, v:3.0.5) Renee Roberts: removal
how do I remove the tool from the screen of my Apple phone? App is removed from phone.
- (2021-02-03, v:3.0.2) Charles: Its not going to next paragraph
It had went to next paragraph, then it told me to pay $9.99/yr, so I did, now it doesn't go to next paragraph -.-