Text-to-speech for Web Content
Add the Kurzweil 3000 (k3000) Read The Web Chrome Extension to have web content read aloud. You can now listen to your tweets, or articles for that research project you’re working on, in 30 natural text-to-speech voices that read aloud in 17 languages and dialects. • Read efficiently with audio (text-to-speech) and visual (highlights as reads) presentation of material • Reduce reading fatigue with human-quality text-to-speech voices • Improve comprehension with instant access to 3 types of dictionaries • Customize reading rate and presentation to suite your preferences Read The Web is free with a subscription to Kurzweil 3000. No worries if you don’t have a subscription, sign-up for a 30-day free trial. Each individual deserves tools that help them unlock their potential. Kurzweil Education offers proven, research-based, literacy solutions that address unique learning challenges and develop the literacy skills that lead to academic and personal success.
- (2021-04-13) Nicole Richardson: Seriously? I didn't download this on purpose. I hate this! All it does is get in the way of some things. And I can't even log in! It's not that I want to have something read out loud to me. I'm a fine reader on my own. And my Chromebook won't let me uninstall it. So now I'm just stuck with the login on the top of my screen and a weird green thing when I click somewhere. It's really annoying when I'm trying to work on my Google Docs story, and instead of my cursor I just see a green line with a ball on top. I wish I could delete this app because this really SUCKS.
- (2021-03-05) David Sauceda: This extension isn't perfect. But it definitely is effective. I rely on it a lot in school. Functionality is practical not exceptional which I think is fine, the voice selection is great and speed and pacing control are great. The main thing that is frustrating is that I have to sign in to it ever time and relog in and reset my settings, since this is supposed to be a product that increases accessibility this is real problem. On the TTS front it was effective, but when I have to sign in and reset everything every time I end up doing that process 3-5 times a day. Maybe instead of enabling remember credentials if it just remembered when you don't turn t off, I think that would be fine if the tab popup wasn't so large and intrusive when minimized.
- (2020-11-12) lemo vaz: Wow Works Great !
- (2020-10-27) ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴋ ᴏ ʀ ᴇ !: Trash
- (2020-10-22) Yina Chacon: The popup will not go away. It's annoying and disturbing. Remove this.
- (2020-09-14) Meghrik Gorjian: Doesn't read the pages!
- (2020-04-02) Zak Wadell: HATE IT!!!! I can't get rid of it i logged out of my account and logged into a new one and i cant get rid of it!!!!!!! Stupid Annoying and should never be used EVER
- (2019-07-18) soul mate: great tool
- (2019-06-02) Logan E: The extension is very buggy and often won't respond when you try to pause it of click play again. The extension also doesn't allow you to read on some site and doesn't allow you to read pdfs opened in chrome even when the pdf has clear defined text that can be highlighted and copies etc. Also sometimes it will hand on the log in. It always asks for the login and never seems to remember it. Sometimes it wont even get past the login. you enter your information and it just hand there and still shows the credentials boxes and the login button. In the end it does an ok job with reading, not as robotic as most readers as long as you change the setting to paragraph mode, but it is a bit buggier than one would expect.
- (2019-03-21) Jessica Abson: It works great, but it overlaps buttons displayed on other websites, like the Google homepage. The Kurzweil tabs can't be moved. Make it able to movable anywhere on the screen.
- (2019-03-04) Bill: It has a bug where it will prevent images from loading on webpages. I reported this to KurzweilEDU, but it hasn't been fixed yet. If you're noticing that images aren't loading on web pages, turn the Read The Web extension completely off (you don't have to remove it, just turn it off). I do love the access that this TTS engine brings to reading web content aloud. It can handle general web articles well, but I haven't thrown anything more complicated at it (like MathML).
- (2018-10-28) Assume Correct: It doesn't hold settings or credentials. It also cannot be moved from it's position in the upper right, where it covers menus on webpages such as Facebook. Does a good job reading though.
- (2018-09-04) Fr Dad: It is a bit clunky. It will not remember the reading speed which was last used. So each time you turn on the app you have to reset the speed. The app also does not integrate with the word pronunciation of the main reader. It miss pronounces many word and it drives me batty. Other bugs is that is locks up and you have to reload the page before you can start reading again. It is a shame the old program was much better.
- (2017-11-30) Fowana Terry: Works great! This program is for those with the Kurzweil program already installed on their computer as it's link to it. This is not a stand-alone nor is it a bait and switch app. Kurzweil has a known reputation at schools and college campus for those with learning disability and is more of an add-on for web accessibility. As for troubleshooting: I needed to restart Chrome and have Kurzweil 3000 up and running before pressing start. Otherwise everything works perfectly fine.
- (2017-10-28) Shruthipriya Baskar: Great help!
- (2017-09-15) Art Human: how to register for app working ?
- (2017-05-10) unknown unknown: it doesnt read PDFS, making it limited. the image reader tools and dictionary integrations would make the app a lot better
- (2017-02-24) Luke Cornett: Bait and switch app. I make it free or charge for it up front.
- (2017-01-24) dergimp1: Tut nicht das was es soll und nervt ständig mit der pro Version, die man aber nicht über PayPal bezahlen kann. Geht wohl nur Kreditkarte oder Bankeinzug, aber das ist mir doch etwas riskant...
- (2016-11-17) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Read The Web". Please contact me at: [email protected]