Listen to the web using text to speech. Perfect for dyslexia, low vision, students, researchers, kids, learning to read.
Listen to the web using text to speech to assist with comprehension--to give your eyes a break. WebOutLoud reads websites out loud using the free voices that are already available in your web browser with the option to upgrade your experience to include Premium voices. No text selection is required. It will automatically continue reading paragraph after paragraph. Not only that, it will highlight words as it reads them and remember where you left off. Give your eyes a break! Just navigate to any web page and hit play. WebOutLoud will read web pages using text to speech. * It reads pretty much any webpage you can throw at it. * Highlights words and paragraphs as it reads. * Tell the app where to begin reading using Touch Assist, or enable the powerful Reader Mode to isolate readable content automatically. * Dozens of voices to choose from (selection of free voices is dependent on operating system and extensions.)
- (2023-06-04) Kousar Abbas: need improvements
- (2023-04-25) Perks Joanna: I use this quite a bit, and the app too. Works well with emails and newsletters via a web browser as well as web pages and pdfs. There are a few mispronunciations—some of which are entertaining (viz "Goldman Satches")—but not enough to disrupt the flow.
- (2023-01-19) hussein et hayat sleiman: if this had more English voices for free and short cut keys i would have gotten a 5/5
- (2022-09-15) Tad Doerr VanderVoort Jr.: It sounds, very, unnatural making, it almost worth dash, less at, times. the speech, is so, broken that, I, would, rather, read, it, all to, myself. Exhausting to, try to listen, to every, time. IS THERE ANY HOPE here? seems like it makes a run of words together here and there - but it is so bad I've got to keep looking for a product that works well enough to use. I have epub readers that I use - but I have to use downloaded epub files. I want a web reader for protected files (one users can't download without hacks). Please Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or need to pay for the service to fix this.
- (2022-09-05) Sara Penberthy: Absolutely worthless. Cant even get the app to turn on, much less actually read something.
- (2022-02-15) Jonathan L: slow
- (2022-02-10) Allan Carhart: After evaluating about 10 different options last night, I concluded that this is the best TTS extension available today on the Chrome Web Store. 1. Highlighting words as they are read is key to help those with attention issues retain their focus 2. The ability to skip sections is crucial. A few extensions only have play/pause. 3. This extension retained its location in the document (tested w/a Wikipedia article) better than most. And if it does lose its place, #2 (skip function) helps you get back to where you were. 4. The voice was remarkably natural, although that might be a function of what I have installed on my PC.
- (2020-10-12) Thalha S: Simple and very useful
- (2020-10-05) Эрнест: Beautiful. I would like to be able to choose the speed of the TTS to the limit.
- (2020-02-25) MES S: This extension is a great addition to my computer and daily life! As I work, I can listen to articles easily! (instead of listening to the radio, for example, and get a good brainwash!). I really appreciate all the new features! Web Out Loud just gets better and better! Thank you.
- (2019-09-24) Chris Vydas: Requires sign-up! Useless. Not mentioned anywhere in the description
- (2019-07-01) Brady Fractal: Forces you to download iPhone APP 𝘢𝘯𝘥 enable push notifications- just to use a simple chrome TTS extension? And only tells you 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 it makes you sign up with email/password? 😑 If you add *𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝘿𝙤𝙬𝙣𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙋𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘼𝙋𝙋 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙀𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙋𝙪𝙨𝙝 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩* to the top of your description I will remove this review and re-consider reporting abuse.
- (2019-02-05) Jason Shaverin: It first makes you sign up and once you do it says you must download an iphone app to continue. I am using this on my chrome browser and so dont want or need the app on my iphone. I cant seem to use it without downloading it so will need to uninstall. As im uninstalling, please can you delete my sign up credentials.
- (2018-10-28) Christian Estevez: I love your extension but I wish that I could assign a more natural voice
- (2018-10-04) Samit Patel: This extension is awesome! I find myself using it everyday at work and it's very helpful and easy to use. The developer is very responsive as well I reached out to him about an issue I was experiencing and he responded back within minutes with a fix!
- (2016-10-14) Drewby: All it wants me to do is download their app on my phone, doesn't do its job.
- (2016-07-09) walid u.s: it is working very good with web pages , you can use it to read pdf when view it by online app , you can use native voice on your computer or change it to google voice extension that is available on chrome web store. it will be great if the developer fix the issue related to reading text contain many links (like wikipedia) and support pdf without using online app
- (2016-01-30) ThaS: no, there is no speaking in multiple languages, there's ONLY the 'native' option of voice. if my IP is from brazil, it will read a text in english in native portuguese. besides, it requires sign in and once you do that it requires another sign in to iOS for push notifications. it's useless.
- (2015-11-04) Daniel Sánchez: Register? Nah, thanks.
- (2023-07-24, v:2023.02.06.1) Robert Pierce: Read back hesitates
During reading of a PDF using Windows 10 Pro and the Edge PDF reader, the WebOutLoud reader will hesitate mid-sentence as if it is hesitating for a period. When it hesitates, I see the "Pause/Stop" button/circle at the top spin while I suppose it reads more into the buffer. This happens with at least 3 different internet connections one of which is gigabit.
- (2023-02-02, v:2022.11.29.1) hussein et hayat sleiman: maybe a bug
90% of the time when i use the extension for the first time on any given day the message for rating the extension pops up the problem is i have already rated the extension and yet it still pops up
- (2023-01-24, v:2022.11.29.1) Jay Clem: Can't install
- (2023-01-19, v:2022.11.29.1) hussein et hayat sleiman: multiple suggestions
please add some Britch voices to the free version because i am not allowed to enter any subscriptions and also change the English voices 90%of them sound the same also please add short cut keys
- (2022-08-29, v:2022.08.24.1) Tad Doerr VanderVoort Jr.: talks with too many pauses
it reads, only two, words at, at time, before there, is a, slight pause, making it, sound nothing, like the, way the, words should, be spoken, in sentence, form. Please help. And I. Don't See. The Cost. Of Going. Premium thank. You Much.
- (2022-07-09, v:2022.7.5.1) Gloria (glotiel): no sound
It does not function. There is no sound
- (2021-06-28, v:3.0.5) Renee Roberts: removal
how do I remove the tool from the screen of my Apple phone? App is removed from phone.
- (2021-02-03, v:3.0.2) Charles: Its not going to next paragraph
It had went to next paragraph, then it told me to pay $9.99/yr, so I did, now it doesn't go to next paragraph -.-