Substital lets you easily add subtitles to videos online.
Substital is a solution to play subtitles on videos online, either it is for entertainment, language-learning, or to make the videos accessible to the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing. FEATURES: - Fully integrated with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. - Supports most of the videos found online and is not limited to the major video platforms. - Synchronize the subtitles if they are out of sync. - Change the subtitles color, the background color, and set the subtitles background to transparent or solid. - Substital automatically adapts the subtitles size to the size of the video for a better viewing experience. - Substital automatically detects the right character encoding to use for playing the subtitles. It makes sure that characters always display nicely, even in Greek or Arabic. - Substital is passive by default and won't inject anything in the pages you visit. Only YOU decide when to add subtitles to a video. - Add your own subtitles easily in the videos with a simple drag and drop, or directly search for subtitles with the built-in search feature. Supported format: SubRip (.SRT) or ZIP archive containing a .SRT. FEEDBACK, SUGGESTIONS, AND DONATIONS: For feedback, suggestions, requests, bug reports, or other, please contact me at: [email protected]l.com Substital is completely free, without any ads and no hidden costs.Therefore donations are very appreciated to help me to maintain the extension. Rating and reviewing helps a lot as well. You can donate here: https://substital.com/donations or bitcoins here: https://substital.com/donations/btc
- (2021-06-18) carla sanchez izaguirre: Esta muy buena la extinción solo que aveces los subtítulos se adelantan mucho a la película o serie que este viendo.
- (2021-06-16) Angelo: Hi, THIS EXTENSION IS GREAT!!! But I'll love it more if it can work with other extension in chrome.
- (2021-06-15) Sal Topete: ME HA ENCANTADO, si no te funciona simplemente no sabes como usarla, no la califiques mal, a mi me funciona de maravilla.
- (2021-06-14) dridri 787: pas clair du tout pour ce qui est de l'utilisation ne marche pas bien donne les mauvais sous-titre personnellement je l'utilise pour regarder des animes sur netflix et c'est inutile je ne recommande pas du tout
- (2021-06-12) gossip girl: its great
- (2021-06-12) Mahmoud showman: This is the best useful extension i have ever installed, thanks alot man
- (2021-06-09) insidious TV: radi
- (2021-06-07) Anwesh Ramesh: GREAT. THANKS.
- (2021-06-05) Sora Kingdom: Pas du tout complet mais bon concept
- (2021-06-05) Shi La: I really liked it at first but I can only just use it once after then it didn't work at all, I refreshed it so many times but it just didn't worked, please fixed this problem as soon as possible. Thank you.
- (2021-06-01) GAURAV G PRABHU: interface doesnt work on new netflix but shows on prime video fix it
- (2021-05-30) Ssisie Ydydis: Cool
- (2021-05-29) Seb b: Très très pratique merci beaucoup
- (2021-05-29) Prateek: I really like this extension so much but the problem is that when i use this extension i just cant have the other options which were initially there like video quality. Anyone knows anything about this?
- (2021-05-29) Alexander Kundurdjiev: Like it it works
- (2021-05-29) Edson Quam: parfait
- (2021-05-28) Peter Brogaard: Straight up doesn't work. At all
- (2021-05-26) Tayfun YILDIZ: NBCdeki videolara ekleme yapıyorum olmuyor.
- (2021-05-25) Gabriel Angelo: Liked how it was convenient for videos without any subtitles, but problem is whenever you pause the video or a movie, it delays the subtitles and you need to keep on adjusting the speed of the subtitles so if maybe it can automatically change the speed of it to match the audio in the movie, that'll fix it, anyways thank you for making this amazing piece of work!
- (2021-05-24) Ibraheem El Ansari: Amazing extension ! I used it to watch Castlevania and so far so good ! Big 5 stars
- (2021-05-23) Tào: Pas mal mais tous sauf complet, certaine série ont même de trou d'épisode non traduit
- (2021-05-22) Sarah F: whatever video i open, it always says 'could not connect to subtitles provider'. is there something i can do about this?
- (2021-05-21) Richard Elgin: The Synchronisation control just doesn't work for me and it's needed as none of the subtitles i've tried are synced correctly. I'm mostly using it for stuff on Amazon Prime as they almost all lack subtitles. Am I the only one with this issue?
- (2021-05-21) Behzad Nasr: nice
- (2021-05-19) Jad OS: IT DOES NOT WORK! when I upload the subtitles the player doesn't start. Terrible extension.
- (2021-05-16) Cham Orlun: if this extension can allow us to change the speed of video and sbtitle then it will be perfect
- (2021-05-16) Học Phạm: verygood
- (2021-05-15) Ho Thi Ngoc Luu: I love this. Cái này thực sự giúp rất nhiều luôn <3
- (2021-05-14) Ali Noori: چگونه زبانش را تغیر بدهم برای زیر نویس
- (2021-05-13) Nguyen Huu Nhan: Đồng bộ phụ để lúc chạy lúc không. (tăng chạy nhanh phụ đề lên 1s hay giảm thì lúc được, lúc không). Nếu có thêm chỉnh vị trí phụ đề thì hay, kiểu cho phụ đề cao lên 1 chút, hay sub ở giữa màn hình gì đó. thì hay
- (2021-05-13) Dilshan Madushanka: Very Use Full and Easy
- (2021-05-11) Yalkın Can Yalınız: muhteşemm
- (2021-05-09) Gacha Yared: tf i hate it
- (2021-05-08) Dragos MUST: It's a must have, you'll enjoy, I've found subtitels evem for Kojak series (1970)
- (2021-05-08) Munoz1508: Ya no funcionaaaaa
- (2021-05-03) DJ SAVAGE: franchement, c'est de la dauuube !
- (2021-05-03) kolio: Субтитрите или избързват или се бавят
- (2021-05-03) Jia: not bad... no problems so far
- (2021-05-02) محمود شاهين: تماما ما كنت ابحث عنه ! شكرا جزيلا للمطورين
- (2021-04-29) Nguyễn Quý Long: I thought it just read stored file from my local device but it can search subtitles on internet compatible for my movie, great !
- (2021-04-29) kim: good but sometimes it gets the time wrong and then u have to keep adjusting. sometimes it works fine so maybe it's the fault of whoever made the subtitles.
- (2021-04-29) Sleepy Koala: Great extension! No more trying to import/export subtitles that don't work
- (2021-04-29) Shanmukh Palanki: great features
- (2021-04-25) Ashiq Zamad: I think it's the only online tool which can add subtitles to any videos, But there's something wrong with the subtitle sync
- (2021-04-25) stéphane DUMONS: Merci à son créateur ! J'ai trouvé ce que je cherchai.
- (2021-04-24) QLF: Ne fonctionne pas très déçu ! je ne sais pas comment je vais faire,j'en avais vraiment besoin.. je ne vous conseil vraiment pas,pour ma part je voulais regarder american assassin sur le netflix us
- (2021-04-23) Ako: Il n'y a pas de sous titres en français pour certaines séries (c'est pas ouf) mais dans l'ensemble ça a l'air de bien marcher. Le problème, c'est que ça marche sur 1,75 séries donc ça marche bien quand ça marche x)
- (2021-04-22) hhhik8 g h kvgjv: just upload your subtitle (even if it is already a .srt.) to an online subtitle converter service and convert it to .srt I beg YOU TO FIX THIS I TOLD MANY FRIENDS TO USE THIS APP BUT NOW THERE RE-THINKING IF THEY SHOULD KEEP IT PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE
- (2021-04-20) ʙᴜʀʙᴜᴊᴀ: no todos los capitulos tienen subtitulos :(
- (2021-04-17) zellinn: Pésima extensión, primero no hay subtítulos disponibles, y segundo, cuando me tomo la molestia de buscar subtítulos por mi parte y los intento subir, nunca se suben.
- (2021-06-18, v:2.3.5) Steven Liu: Does not work on Disney+
When Substital is enabled when watching movies on Disney+, audio continue to play, but no more video, only blank screen in the browser tab.
- (2021-05-22, v:2.3.5) Niush Sitaula: Substital not working with Flowplayer embedded media.
Substital detects video playing with "Flowplayer" (flowplayer.com), but when clicking on the video name from popup I get this. Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: o.getBoundingClientRect is not a function at Function.value (VM84 bundle.js:2) at e.value (VM84 bundle.js:2) at qe (VM84 bundle.js:2) at VM84 bundle.js:2
- (2021-05-21, v:2.3.5) Richard Elgin: Sync controls issue
Advancing or delaying the sync control just doesn't seem to work correctly. It either just does nothing or changes the sync by a random amount of time.
- (2021-05-18, v:2.3.5) Rachelle Phillips: RTVE Play+?
I'm trying to use the extension on RTVE Play+, and weirdly, it seems to work just fine during the 8 second little opening logo video, but once the show itself starts playing, it stops working. Here's what I'm doing: I wait for the show to load in. I click the extension and choose the video. Then the app doesn't do anything, and the video either pauses or plays; that's it. Is this an issue with RTVE's webplayer?
- (2021-05-18, v:2.3.5) Zach Van Dyke: Internal server error independent of Substital. The subtitles server is under maintenance
I get the above error any time I try to use a subtitle file that the extension finds. Are the servers down? How long until I can use the extension?
- (2021-05-17, v:2.3.5) Judah Bloodliine: Not Working. What's Going On?
First the extension was working many times, a few months later, now it doesn't work. What's going on?
- (2021-05-11, v:2.3.5) matthias celestine: Maintenance
Les serveurs sont il bien en maintenance ou bien c'est un bug ? Message: erreur interne de serveur indépendante de Substital. Le serveur de sous-titres est en cours de maintenance Réessayez dans quelques instants.
- (2021-05-01, v:2.3.5) Finn Bunschek: Subtitle timing off on Amazon Prime, retrying a lot of times sometimes fixes it
Only had this issue on Amazon Prime so far (and not Netflix), but when adding subtitles they are sometimes off by 15-20 seconds and it's not easy to adjust that. This also happens when I download the subtitles from Amazon directly and sync my subtitles to those or even use the downloaded (directly from Amazon) subtitles (subtitles have the correct timestamps, but Substital is not applying them correctly). Reloading a lot of times has fixed this so far, but it'd be great if you could look into this.
- (2021-04-30, v:2.3.5) Liam Kouyaté: Sous-titre
Les sous-titre en français ne fonctionne pas sur Netflix pourquoi ?
- (2021-04-27, v:2.3.5) Eemil Saarinen: i deleted extension and live subtitles still pops up, how i get rid out of them? its making me suicidal
i deleted extension and live subtitles still pops up, how i get rid out of them? its making me suicidal
- (2021-04-24, v:2.3.5) QLF: probleme
cela ne marche pas sur le netflix us je suis déçu pourquoi m'arrive t il ce probleme svp cela peut il etre regler ou pas ?
- (2021-04-24, v:2.3.5) Mariana Luna: Upload subtitles
Hello, you see I'm trying to use the extension on BiliBili, but when I select the video in the extension pop window, the upload and search options appear directly over the video and when I try to upload the subtitles I can't interact with the extension interface, the browser only recognizes the click over the video to play or pause it. Could you please tell me how can I upload my subtitles? or if there is another way to do it?
- (2021-04-15, v:2.3.4) f8fortuna: Extension will not permanently delete from computer!
I deleted the extension. Subtitles still pop up. I reset my google chrome to eliminate all extensions. Subtitles still pop up even thought no extensions are listed on my extension manager. I went into my computer to delete the default data. I deleted what I believed was the temporary file. Subtitles still pop up! What is the name of the temporary extension file.
- (2021-04-12, v:2.3.4) itzel poot: non puedo colocarlo en netflix
trato de isntalarlo y no me deja colocar los subtitulos
- (2021-04-07, v:2.3.4) Pawelek1329: Disney Plus
Hello, why is the plugin for Disney + not working properly, when I click nothing happens, and for example on Netflix it already works.
- (2021-04-06, v:2.3.2) Julia Vázquez: Para ver una serie en español
Como funciona me explican
- (2021-03-26, v:2.3.2) James Manalu: Mohon penjelasan :
Apakah semua video yang Online dan offline dapat CC ( Subtitle )
- (2021-03-25, v:2.3.2) Jean-Marie Pirelli: Search for a title within Netflix
Hi, Thanks a lot for this extension, it is very useful and appreciated. When I start a Netflix show, the extension correctly identifies it (series, season, episode), but I have to manually retype the show name (and season and episode) in the search text box. Would it be possible to do this automatically?
- (2021-03-25, v:2.3.2) ꜰʀᴇᴅᴅʏ ᴀʟᴇxᴀɴᴅᴇʀ: Quiero para mi celular
Ojala lo desarrolles para Android esque lo necesito mucho te lo agradecería muchísimo bro, Saludos
- (2021-03-19, v:2.3.2) Orhun: Changing the position of subtitles
Is there any way of changing the positioning of the subtitles? I am learning Japanese so I am using this to add Japanese subs to anime that already have English subs to practice, but as it is right now they end up on top of each other.
- (2021-02-26, v:2.3.0) Alexandru Mihai: Hulu
It's compatible with Hulu ?
- (2021-02-11, v:2.3.0) Frog: search bar
the search bar doesn't work anymore.
- (2021-01-25, v:2.3.0) Lucas Dantinne: Android
Bonjour, Comment installer l'application sur un huawei? Bien à vous
- (2021-01-18, v:2.3.0) Mahrooz Moghimizadeh: Android box
How çan i do ,with Android TV box
- (2021-01-17, v:2.3.0) Wass 7: Black Screen on the video on Iplayer BBC
It was working on bbc iplayer but now I have the sub but without the video, for example docotr who on iplayer, I play the episode everything work fine I put subsital ON and I have the sound of the episode and the sub but not the image... Link : https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qr8k/doctor-who-revolution-of-the-daleks
- (2021-01-14, v:2.3.0) Alfonso Sundblad: Netflix and Substital
It works perfectly at first glace. However when the next episode comes along and i entr the new subtitles it doesnt work. my current solution is to refresh netflix and load the subtitles again
- (2021-01-10, v:2.3.0) A. G. Arias: AZmovies.
Apparently it works with AZmovies but when I click on the movie to start nothing happens. What should I do?
- (2021-01-09, v:2.3.0) Jonty Hurwitz: Choose the position of the subtitle
A lot of people need 2 languages and the challenge is that your subtitles sit on top of any others.... so the abilty to change position would be amazing
- (2021-01-02, v:2.3.0) murielle genereux: tuto
Bonjour, Avez-vous un petit tuto disponible pour quelqu'un qui n'est pas très habile avec les nouvelles technolgies. Merci a l'avance.
- (2020-12-15, v:2.3.0) E: Interferes and disables other extensions.
The extension works as described. Unfortunately, it interferes and automatically disables my other video extensions (such as video speed) :(
- (2020-12-07, v:2.3.0) Baptiste Deneufbourg: Possibility to change screen space position?
Hi, thank you for this great extension. I'm currently using it to learn languages with double subtitles (the original from the video + those I add with Substital). My problem is that Substital doesn't permit to change the screen position of the subtitles. I would like for exemple to be able to add an offset in vertical and horizontal (in pixels, or % relative) from the original position to position. More simply, being able to choose an alternate fixed position such as around the top of the screen would be good for this specific usage. Thank you for the great work, have a nice day.
- (2020-12-07, v:2.3.0) Rayane Berraboukh: Yomichan
Hello I'm using an extension to quickly translate words call “Yomichan”, the extension work with youtube subtitles and subtitles added with substital on youtube player, but with some over player where substital also do his work as expected, I can't translate on the Substital player added above the original player, is there a workaround? This can be really useful for languages learning. Thank you.
- (2020-12-02, v:2.3.0) Priscilla Gonzalez: Blim.com
Doesn't work on Blim TV, Mexican streaming service, detects video but can't click on anything it's like it's under the video or something. https://puu.sh/GTtpp.png
- (2020-11-28, v:2.3.0) Roman Tashev: Extension icon missing on chrome bar
Hi. I am so sorry for bothering you but I couldn't find anywhere information on this problem: The icon is missing from chrome, but the extension is there when I browse to it. I cannot use it on netflix because there is not showing so I can click it. Do you have any idea why the extension is not showing on the chrome bar along with other extensions? Thank you
- (2020-11-18, v:2.3.0) Dorota Gniedziejko: Not working in Chrome
It worked perfectly, until yesterday - when I click on the icon, there's only blank white window instead of any video urls. I tried everything - resetting browser, clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the extension - nothing helped. However, in the other browsers, like Firefox, there's no such problem.
- (2020-11-15, v:2.3.0) Bruno Silva: Not working on Disney+
First of all, thanks for this great extension. It's currently not working on Disney+. The extension detects the player, but after clicking on it nothing happens. Thanks in advance!
- (2020-11-14, v:2.3.0) Maggie Clausman: start time out file
about half way through my movie, a red banner that says 'start time out file' popped up, and the subtitles stopped showing up. refreshed and restarted chrome multiple times, no fix. even tried downloading and using different subtitles. the banner would pop up to say subtitles are ready, but once i start playing the movie the error banner pops up again. is there a way to fix this? (playing on amazon prime, not sure if this happens on other sites)
- (2020-11-13, v:2.3.0) Alexandte RFST: SUbtitles speed does not match video speed
Would it be possible to handle video speed (subtitles seems to automatically load in x1, when i usually play videos in x1.5 or x2) ? thx
- (2020-11-09, v:2.3.0) یاسر شکوری: تنظیم سرعت مترجم
چطور سرعت مترجم را تنظیم کنیم
- (2020-11-06, v:2.3.0) Lorenzo Rubagotti: TIMVISION not work
Hi, thank you for your app. I prefer to use subtitles because I hear, not perfectly, only in one ear. On Amazon Prime Video your application is really great, while on Timvision it seems not to work, what could block it from running? Thanks in advance
- (2020-11-02, v:2.3.0) henry Yu: unable to move subtitles
I'm trying to watch a movie with another person who needs to see subtitles in korean while I watch in English. The extension doesn't allow the user to move the subtitles. Meaning, i want the korean subtitles to be on the top side when the english subtitles remain on the bottom side. Please help, thanks.
- (2020-10-31, v:2.3.0) Anais Brillay: No me funciona
lo instale y todo pero en me dice que la pagina no es util y no la puedo utilizar la desintale y la instale en chorme que se supone que funcionaria mejor pero tampoco nada
- (2020-10-23, v:2.2.1) Tess Ma: Not sure how to load subtitles
I appreciate the idea of dual subtitles for language learning. I'm trying to use this on Vlive, but once I load the .srt file, there's a green bar on the top of the video that says: 'Subtitles ready to play' But when I play the video there are no subtitles at all. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2020-10-22, v:2.2.1) Zak Newcomb-Hall: Movable subtitles
Hello, firstly I'd like to thank you for producing such an excellently functioning app! I'm currently using it to review my chinese with some videos and I was wondering if the extension could be extended such that I can move the subtitles so that they sit above the hardcoded english subs or even to the top of the screen. Many thanks
- (2020-10-21, v:2.2.1) Steffi: Subtitles not loading
Hello, since yesterday the extension seems to be not working for me properly. I am able to get into the subtitle selection section however, once i try to select the desired subtitle it says ''loading'' and just keeps me there for a moment and then throws me back to the subtitle selection without adding the subtitles. I also cannot X out of the pop up window.
- (2020-09-24, v:2.2.1) cjog: When the video buffers, the subtitles keep on playing
I don't know why but when my video is buffering, the subtitles keep on playing so when the video starts playing, it also has a delay now. I tried fixing it with the synchronization bar, but it's too much of a hassle when the video buffers again. Can you please fix this? Also, because of the player, I cannot choose my video quality through the original video player.
- (2020-09-13, v:2.2.1) 陈泳金: Would you like to make this extension open source?
Sorry for asking the rude question but I really want to contribute my code to this extension or make my own version.
- (2020-09-12, v:2.2.1) Simon Kim: Disney+
Thanks so much for this great extension. However, I noticed that Disney + functionality broke around September 4th. I tried re-installing the extension. Thank you!
- (2020-09-06, v:2.2.0) Pedro Leal: peacock
Any idea when it will be compatible with peacock? The old version worked, but the current one doesn't work anymore.
- (2020-09-02, v:2.2.0) Nieem Hossen: best subtitle
whice best subtitle , i can easily select that