Substital lets you easily add subtitles to videos online.
Substital is a solution to play subtitles on videos online, either it is for entertainment, language-learning, or to make the videos accessible to the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing. FEATURES: - Fully integrated with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo. - Supports most of the videos found online and is not limited to the major video platforms. - Synchronize the subtitles if they are out of sync. - Change the subtitles color, the background color, and set the subtitles background to transparent or solid. - Substital automatically adapts the subtitles size to the size of the video for a better viewing experience. - Substital automatically detects the right character encoding to use for playing the subtitles. It makes sure that characters always display nicely, even in Greek or Arabic. - Substital is passive by default and won't inject anything in the pages you visit. Only YOU decide when to add subtitles to a video. - Add your own subtitles easily in the videos with a simple drag and drop, or directly search for subtitles with the built-in search feature. Supported format: SubRip (.SRT) or ZIP archive containing a .SRT. FEEDBACK, SUGGESTIONS, AND DONATIONS: For feedback, suggestions, requests, bug reports, or other, please contact me at: [email protected] Substital is completely free, without any ads and no hidden costs.Therefore donations are very appreciated to help me to maintain the extension. Rating and reviewing helps a lot as well. You can donate here: https://substital.com/donations or bitcoins here: https://substital.com/donations/btc
- (2020-01-19) Toni Andrian: mantappp
- (2020-01-19) Matko Ujvary Cseh: Very usefull. works great!
- (2020-01-19) 宮城陽一: it's so good
- (2020-01-17) aeeev420: its ok but glitchy sometimes
- (2020-01-12) Bosko Todorovic: da
- (2020-01-11) Ibrahim Bartscher: Works nearly everywhere, no downsides, free. Good job guys!
- (2020-01-11) A.C: Fonctionnel et pratique.
- (2020-01-10) Kareem Hazem: This is an excellent extension, but the subtitle sync feature is broken.
- (2020-01-07) Vanja Švonja: odlicno
- (2020-01-07) Xiaohu Tang: Awesome!
- (2020-01-05) Anna S: Top!
- (2020-01-03) jamshed hossan: nice. would love if it has color and font size changer, placement things etc
- (2020-01-03) Maki Yusuke: It doesn't work at all.
- (2020-01-01) Alex Kort: It saved me when I needed to watch a movie I bought in the wrong region!! Worked on Google Play Movies as well!
- (2019-12-24) Ivan Kolacaric: Great!!
- (2019-12-21) borislav1212: I rarely rate things, but this has taken my movie watching experience to another level. Before, when watching movies/series I had to download the subtitles, extract them, find them and even then sometimes they wouldn't be synchronized. Now it all comes together in a nice neat player with highly customizable subtitles, perfect for your avarage media consumer.
- (2019-12-07) Amar Tirić: Loved it. Works.
- (2019-12-07) Scott Fletcher: This is an amazing extension! Thanking you for making videos accessible to those with impaired hearing - sadly some major streaming services have yet to do so. Would rate 6 stars if I could :)
- (2019-12-01) Daliborka Djukic: Odlicno i lako.
- (2019-12-01) Francisco Leiva: Amazin Extension + Sound Booster = Great Computer Movie Theater.
- (2019-11-30) nika: It sucks.
- (2019-11-29) Michelle Nicole: Super helpful! Couldn't find Serbian subtitles anywhere else!! It doesn't have absolutely everything, but that's to be expected. It has dang near close! Thanks!!
- (2019-11-26) xn start: Excellent extension definitely recomand it
- (2019-11-26) Icarus Kid: best subtile extension for chrome!
- (2019-11-23) Othman Abourrabie: I am so glad that I found this extention, it's changed my life.
- (2020-01-16, v:2.1.4) serge chetrit: Comment fait-on pour associer une vidéo situé sur mon disque dur à l'application
Je n'ai pas trouvé d'onglet "télecharger" dans votre application.
- (2020-01-01, v:2.1.4) ci lavie: Adjust Position
Hi, thanks for this great add-on it really helpful but it would be nice if you add adjust subs position feature
- (2019-12-25, v:2.1.4) Judith Alice: Dual Subtitles
Is it possible to add two subtitles to the same video at once? If not, is it going to be added, thank you? I like to learn languages with subtitles but a lot of the videos I watch aren't on mainstream sites that are supported by specific dual-subtitle extensions. Thank you
- (2019-12-13, v:2.1.4) Fabien BLEGER: Amazon Prime
Doesn't seem to work with Amazon Prime. Is Amazon supported by the extension ?
- (2019-12-07, v:2.1.4) Paige Harvey: subtitles files
What types of files can I add?
- (2019-11-19, v:2.1.4) siri: Subtitles
Hi i've been trying for a few days now on different sites to get the subtitles to work but it says try again each time.
- (2019-10-30, v:2.1.3) What a dump !: Substital not working
Hello As of yesterday, Substital is not functioning anywhere. I press the S button, the video is detected, but nothing happens afterwards, nothing can be loaded (no languages, no subtitles). What has happened?
- (2019-10-29, v:2.1.2) Amar Musleh: Not working anymore
The plugin can't detect any html5 video anymore like before. It was perfectly works before!
- (2019-10-27, v:2.1.2) Ramesh R: Doesnt work anymore
was working fine till few days back. but, not anymore. Am not able to play the video after i select the subtitle. It keeps loading the subtitle options page everytime I hit the play button. just couldnt hit the play button.
- (2019-10-27, v:2.1.2) Allison Fujimoto: Amazon Prime and loading subtitles
Hi! I tried loading my srt file by dragging and dropping it into the amazon prime video like the prompt said, however once I did that, the tv show I'm watching on amazon prime basically freezes (since it doesn't let me click play to unpause the show). Thanks
- (2019-10-08, v:2.1.2) said hout: حوات سعيد 0656933378 الدار البيضاء المغرب
- (2019-09-21, v:2.1.2) Big Nut: How to remove the logo icon?
When I use this and choose the non-integrated part, the little S icon is there even after I add subtitles. I there a way to remove it? It's distracting.
- (2019-08-18, v:2.1.2) home banbury: Extension Stopped working .
Hi, Thank you for making such a nice extension. I have just started using it but since yesterday it has stopped working for all sites. It does show what video is being played but failed to search and load subtitles. Just gives an error and ask to try again later. Can you please help me. I have tried both firefox and chrome but both are not working. Thanks.
- (2019-08-01, v:2.1.2) Randy Tasajaya: Doesn't work on Amazon Prime Video
The Chrome extension doesn't work with Amazon Prime Video (in Germany, the site is accessed with amazon.de, not .com). It still works with Netflix. Please help, thank you!
- (2019-07-28, v:2.1.2) Leon Prawiro: Subtitle Position
Hey, amazing extension very helpful! Would you please add an option to change the vertical position of subtitle appeared? For instance, instead of the default 10% bottom area we could change it to 20% bottom or adjust it from top. I think this would be very useful for learning non-english content so you could view dual subs ( one is offered natively from the web). I knew I could just modify the CSS but it's not a very user friendly option. Thank you so much and keep up the good work :)