Use this extension to add subtitles available to user to any YouTube video
SubtitlesForYoutube =================== This extension lets you add subtitles to any video you are watching on YouTube. Just drag and drop .SRT file or zipped .SRT file for your movie on to the upload-box and the subtitles will start showing up. The extension also supports searching and using subtitles directly from OpenSubtitles.org and Amara.org right from the YouTube video page. Now you can search in ALL LANGUAGES. Note there are only 5-10% videos on YouTube which have corresponding subtitle in OpenSubtitles.org and Amara.org so you might not be able to search and find subtitles for all videos. One example of video with searchable subs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qF_qbaWt3Q [Music video - Waiting For The End (Official Video) - Linkin Park] Note: If you already had opened a YouTube page before installing the extension you will not see extension load on that page. Just refresh the page once after installation is complete. Keyboard Shortcuts: 'V' - Enable/Disable subtitles 'G' - Precede subtitles relative to video 'H' - Delay subtitles relative to video 'Q' - Decrease subtitles size 'W' - Increase subtitles size Do not forget to rate and review the app once you use it. Also do visit http://www.diycaptions.com/ which makes it very easy to create captions for YouTube videos. Github Repo: https://github.com/yashagarwal1411/SubtitlesForYoutube Developers: Yash Agarwal ([email protected]), Nitin R Gupta ([email protected]) ------------ Changelog ------------ v 7.6.24 + Minor enhancements v 6.3.31 + Added option to search inside subtitle v 6.1.14 + Fixed issues after YouTube UI update v 5.8.6 + Fixed issues after YouTube UI update + Fixed subs auto hiding
- (2020-09-03) CD N: Not working! English song, still no subtitle. Terrible. Clicked on Chrome extension and it's just RED/ It does nothing. Just downloaded too.
- (2020-08-22) Sophie _Sandall: it wasnt wornking i was trying to watch anime and it was in Japanese so i got this and it did nothing
- (2020-08-14) it transalates all the languages and it shows english subtitle all languages arabic tamil english hindi
- (2020-08-10) padigapati srikanthreddy: nice
- (2020-07-10) Stewart L: I have no idea how this works because it's somehow adding subtitles to some videos that don't have subtitles included (usually short scenes from American Movies posted on youtube), it's impressive.
- (2020-04-14) Ibrahim Rasheed: works like a dream, specially for foreign language movies. Thanks a lot for the brilliant idea on internet.
- (2020-04-03) Nimish Sarin: hey yash, great work! it used to work perfectly fine for me but suddenly even though i have it installed, the UI for the subtitles doesn't show up anymore. Tried reinstalling it but to no avail. Please help.
- (2020-03-31) Angel enrique Godina Gutierrez: como se usa ayuda
- (2020-03-31) DOBAKIN: not working rn. not sure what is triggering this issue
- (2020-03-31) Juan Martin: Stopped working...while it worked, it was great
- (2020-03-05) X Gahan: Not Working Would be great IF it worked. I'm on fast Internet and Windows 10. Instead of "automatically adding subtitles to ANY YouTube video", it's doing nothing. It allows you to SEARCH for subtitles under the video, which is about useless. Then it comes up with the following: "Uh-Oh! Looks like there's no subtitles by that name. Try changing the title?" Every single video that doesn't already have subtitles on YouTube, this is the message I receive. It doesn't auto-generate subtitles, doesn't add them to the videos. Instead, it allows you to search for subtitles, doesn't find them, and that equals you're again stuck with NO subtitles. If there already were subtitles on the YouTube videos, you would of course see them anyway and this has no purpose.
- (2020-02-12) Ken Loc: Hi, can you add download subtitle function?
- (2020-01-27) obada Alhaji: bra
- (2020-01-10) Phuong Tran: Sound good but unfortunately, it not working at the moment
- (2020-01-04) Tham Hwa Hwang: good
- (2020-01-03) Shelby Weldon: Works perfect, exactly what I need! Thanks so much for making this!!!!!!!
- (2020-01-02) Ongki Lada: aplikasih ini sangat membuantu dan sangat bagus
- (2019-10-23) Jp Icalla: I was gonna try it to test a subtitle to see if its positioning / styling is working as intended where community contribution is disabled. I thought it would also work for WebVTT (vtt) subtitles also but I think only SubRip (srt) subtitles are supported. If it's possible, please add an option where you could use YouTube's native subtitle player (if that's possible) and also add support for WebVTT (that can support styling and positioning)? If it helps, when loading subtitles, I think they transform the subtitle loaded when pressing the CC button to a <timedtext/> XML document (if you inspect the request on console). But if I'm actually gonna watch movies or something, I think it would actually be very useful.
- (2019-09-30) Min L: Great for putting foreign subtitles
- (2019-07-02) Tania laurente: esta buena pero no traduce al español
- (2019-06-30) A R: Bad extension!
- (2019-05-07) mz cemot: good
- (2019-04-24) Camp Half-Blood: I can't figure out how to use it
- (2019-03-16) Valentina Arregui: No la puedo usar
- (2019-03-10) Devangi Dodiya: Hello Yash, I've installed your extension and kindly, consider that I've got already German transcript from YouTube. But, trying to get English subtitle for that German video. It's great you have made upload option. Still, Anyway to get transcript or subtitle which not available on web with help of your extension and Even would like to hear for other possibility. Thanks!
- (2020-08-07, v:7.6.24) Ritu Jhalani: problem
subtitles not displaying
- (2020-06-21, v:7.4.02) Abhishek Agarwal: Extension request
Please make an extension that allows us to add subtitles on a local video playing on chrome. I ask this specifically because I was trying to cast local content to my chromecast using chrome browser. But, the chrome browser does not support subtitles added onto the video
- (2020-05-21, v:7.4.02) Miss Marius: Different plataform
Hi there, I wonder if I can install the extension on Apple? Do I can load my videos on Iphone or Ipad with subs? Thanks, I appreciate it.
- (2020-05-15, v:7.4.02) Niqabi Chef: subtitles for youtube
please. can you explain the way of using this extension with my videos
- (2020-04-13, v:7.4.02) JJ PETERSON: No search results.
Extension not returning search results.
- (2020-04-07, v:7.4.02) Cheryl Chen: Drop down menu not appearing
I'm not seeing the extension anymore in my browser when I go to youtube videos.
- (2020-04-04, v:6.3.31) Aravind Ghosh: Subtitle drop panel not showing now
Previously i watched movies with subs with the help of thisextention, but now Subtitle drop panel not showing.
- (2020-04-01, v:6.3.31) Reem Orabi: not work
do not work it appear back page not active in details for add
- (2020-03-31, v:6.3.31) Yash Agarwal: YouTube UI not showing subtitle search options
This is because of recent update to YouTube page which broke the extension. I am working on fixing this. Will let you guys know once the new version is released. Thanks.
- (2020-01-17, v:6.3.31) ori noco: Alert user when they apply malformatted srt file
right now it silently fails which could be confusing especially if you're trying the extension for the first time
- (2020-01-17, v:6.3.31) ori noco: Can't click on video to pause or unpause after applying subtitles with this extension
- (2020-01-15, v:6.3.31) Lori Rutt: Can't Drag and Drop File
This does not work for me - I am using an IBM clone. I can't drag and drop the extension, and don't know where to find the file on my system to upload it.
- (2019-11-02, v:6.3.31) KainSubs BLUR: Opacity
Is there a way to make the background darker? I have a video that is subtitled in Thai but it's hard to read the overlaid English Subtitles of this plugin.
- (2019-08-21, v:6.3.31) الكورة مع بوكش: البرنامج لايدعم بالعربية
البرنامج لايترجم فديوهات اليوتيوب بالعربية
- (2019-06-05, v:6.3.31) Spiros Doikas: In order to continue OpenSubtitlessubtitles service you need to Log In
This is what I get in youtube videos today In order to continue OpenSubtitlessubtitles service you need to Log In Who needs to log in and where?
- (2019-04-03, v:6.3.31) Nadir Whitelaw: Issue displaying subtitles
Hi. I downloaded a .srt file which is encoded with chinese characters. Opened it in notepad and it looks fine, when trying to load it into your plugin it does not show the characters, is this an issue with the plugin or my machine?
- (2019-01-15, v:6.1.14) No arabic subtitle
Hello, i cant find any arabic subtitle on my mac chrome. The keyboard is grey
- (2018-12-21, v:5.8.6) hello
- (2018-12-20, v:5.8.6) Frederic Spycher: YouTube interface update
Today, a new interface was rolled out (at least for some users) and the extension is not visible anymore.
- (2018-09-14, v:5.8.6) YeeeHaaa 111: Extention not working on Max OS
Hello, This extension is not working on latest version of chrome on MacOS while it is working on latest version of chrome on Windows.
- (2018-09-07, v:5.8.6) Rodolfo Loya Muela: cant sync
subs load but cant delay them at all
- (2018-09-02, v:5.8.6) Ven Wilson: no subtitles?
There's nowhere to enable or search for or upload the subtitles.