Automatically removes formatting from your clipboard when using copy. Toggle formatting by right clicking a selection.
Automatically removes formatting from your clipboard when you use normal copy paste [Ctrl+c]. If you need to keep the formatting, you can toggle it on and off by right clicking something you've selected/highlighted and pressing 'Get format next copy'. On the next copy you do, it will keep the formatting. Then it will reset back to the default plaintext setting for future copying. simple and robust. NOTE: The extension will not be active on tabs/windows that were already open prior to the installation. Try refreshing the tabs or open a new one to test it out.
- (2020-04-08) Might Ahgwai: It doesn't work any more. April 2020
- (2020-02-21) Joanna Wang: Amazing!!!!!! This is the best chrome extension I ever have. God bless the inventor!!!!!!
- (2019-10-12) Алексей: Useful little extension. In Excel inserts perfectly
- (2019-05-27) Erin Leck: I love the idea...but it's not working! I verified that the extension is "on". Everything I copy and past is still formatted. When I right click, there is a new option "Get format next copy", but that doesn't do anything either.
- (2018-05-14) norio norio: not worked
- (2017-07-10) TooManySteves: Did exactly what I needed, until recently. "Ctrl+C" seems to have stopped working as text-only copy from any website into Word or Excel; I have to right-click instead. If this can't be fixed then I will switch to a different Extension.
- (2017-02-07) Škola Jitřní: Za mne funguje jak má. Jen semtam zkopíruje text i s formátováním, ale nestává se to často :-) Děkuji...
- (2017-01-17) Greg W: Not useful, copy plain text should be simple
- (2016-12-28) Karen Corning: Doesn't work.
- (2016-12-07) Jan Zimmermann: Very useful for managing information on the Internet. Simple and practical. Kopíruje čistý text bez formátování dané stránky, super.
- (2016-01-14) Dharme Bakdas: good
- (2015-10-13) Pawel Krol: It doesn't work.
- (2015-09-07) Glen Kennedy: Plays havoc with Google Sheets (stops copy/paste from working).
- (2015-08-24) Daniel Breznau: Doesn't work.
- (2015-04-09) Keith Mier: Doesn't work well with google spreadsheets. In order to copy a cell I have to double click within the cell, select the text, then copy. Is there any way to fix this or at least disable the extension on certain sites? Other than that it works well. I like the design choice to make the extension replace the default copy/paste functions but I can understand why others would prefer a right click option. Maybe adding a few ui options would be the best solution.
- (2014-11-18) Preston Stringer: Works occasionally.
- (2014-10-24) meh
- (2014-04-26) Artur Szulczewski: good extension but need turn on/off button, as when i'm using it with google sheets can't copy anything and need to disable it, or add exclusion list to turn off google sheets and other websites.
- (2014-04-16) Benoit Burke: was supposed to save time but it's a waste of time trying to figure out wether or not its going to be formatted or not.
- (2014-01-14) john c: I love this when it works, but so often for no reason it stops working. After using it for months, I still cant figure out how to get it started again once it stops. Disappointing.
- (2013-09-20) Alexander Barth: Required a restart of chrome to work. But now it works :)
- (2013-09-05) J M: Works Yay!!!!!!! but . . . It is not intuitive. It won't let you right click and choose which copy you want - Plain Text vs Formatted -- maybe Chrome won't let you -- don't know. Basically you are turning formatted copies off on ALL copies going forward, then you have to toggle it back on if you want formatting. You never know if it is turned on or off without testing it This is better than nothing! and greatful to the coder for making it. It's better than pasting to a notebook and then re-copying it, but I hope a right-click-choose-which-copy-you-need comes along soon
- (2017-07-10, v:1.1.5) TooManySteves: Ctrl+C stopped working
Hi team, this extension has been working great for me until the last few weeks. It has stopped copying plain text when I use the Ctr+C shortcut, then paste into Word or Excel; I have to right-click and select "copy" from the menu instead. If this can't be fixed then I will have to find a new extension, as I predominantly use Ctrl+C. I am using Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win10.
- (2015-11-30, v:1.1.5) Chandra: remove
How do I remove this app or block this app from transforming all copied text to plain text?
- (2014-01-15, v:1.1.5) john c: The extension randomly stops
I love this extension and have come to rely on it a lot. It however has become very frustrating for me to use. It continually stops working, only to start again a few hours later. I cant figure out how to get it running again once it stops, and dont know what causes its failure. If you have any insight, I would really appreciate it. thank you