Remove most of those annoying "We value your privacy" banners & cookie notices from websites.
This extension was built to remove those annoying cookie consent notices, banners and warnings that pop all over the web. It will not give any consent to advertising cookies, nor will it alter cookie behaviour—it just blocks or closes in-page notifications so you don't have to. As such, it's important to note that blocking these notices is not a guarantee that websites won't set any cookies to track you. Furthermore, some websites are particularly forceful in their implementations of cookie consent, so this extension may not work in all cases. It'll work in a lot of them though!! Cookie Notice Blocker works by injecting scripts into each tab. These scripts use a multitude of techniques to block a wide variety of cookie notices, and each script can be enabled/disabled at your discretion. A core aim of this project was to achieve intelligent blocking without any noticeable impact on computer performance. For example, scripts will only run in the active tab and are throttled if they take a while to execute. You can disable blocking on individual websites by using the whitelist feature. An open tab's domain can be quickly whitelisted by clicking on the Cookie Notice Blocker button in the Chrome toolbar—the required field in the options page will be filled in automatically. Just one more click and the domain will be whitelisted. Any changes made to the settings will be instantly reflected in your open tabs. All settings will be synced automatically to your Chrome profile. Cookie Notice Blocker does not rely on any third-party ad-block database. The filters and algorithms developed for this extension are all a result of my own tests and experiments. Basically, I'm the guy to blame if it doesn't work. On that note: if you have any questions, feature requests or bugs you'd like to report, feel free to leave a comment on the Chrome web store page.
- (2020-08-06) InterNetInc Ca: We all know what "....and other similar technologies..." means in Cookie use notices. There was a day, not along ago, that Cookies helped the visitor. Now they "and other similar technologies" are used for different reasons. If you, dear Reader, do what cookies and other similar technologies do, we'd be charged with Stalking - and that is what these do now days. They Stalk, Monitor, Record and Control (SMRC pronounced 'smirk') the visitors web browsing and devices. If it were not for people like Ben Cheshire, and others like him we might as well shut our stuff down and take pen and paper to task. Thank you Ben Cheshire for the hard work you put in to help us protect ourselves from shysters, peeps and perverted SMRC'ers. You may have next week off with pay :) ~i~
- (2020-07-16) George K: not working!
- (2020-07-06) XMo: Thanks, this extension is really helpful. :) I wish it was available on Android as well (Kiwi Browser).
- (2020-06-30) billy bockeye: works on 50 percent of sites ive visited.I replaced "i dont care about cookies" with this because that extension for some reason (specialy in fire fox)has started breaking a lot of sites. Its possible firefox has stuffed up its latest update so ive turned to using Brave now
- (2020-04-09) George Hank: I found out through the process of elimination that this picece of junk was blocking all my redirects,which gave me a blank page and also some the body of a web page,like start here etc.
- (2020-03-21) Lorenz Bank: Works like a charm
- (2020-02-16) M Vivek: Works like a charm!
- (2020-02-04) Snake: Great extension, finally something that works
- (2020-01-30) Dmitry B: it really blocked a cookie notice that adblock plus can't handle!
- (2020-01-29) Tobias Frank: Doesn't work at all!
- (2020-01-29) F: Very useful! This functionality should be included with ad blockers as these pop-ups are getting more intrusive than your average adverts on non-sketchy websites!
- (2020-01-16) Marek L. Kozak: Not everything works for me as expected. Some cookies still pop up, and today I couldn't log on a forum I use, since login part of the site was blocked.
- (2020-01-01) Chris Vydas: Works with some websites but still see cookie notices/banners on others. For example https://www.freeapkbaixar.com
- (2019-11-28) Paul Donovan: Fantastic extension that works! It's great seeing those irritating (and pointless) cookie notices magically disappear! Thanks.
- (2019-11-11) MrGhostMark Let's Plays: Thank you.
- (2019-10-30) JB McKee: Works good to block the notices. However, it also blocks cookie recipes on sites. Search for cookies on http://withlovefrommom.xyz No cookie recipes show up. Disable the plugin and they show.
- (2019-10-14) Antonio Flores-Alvarez: It only makes the button disappear, not the whole banner with the notification! :-(
- (2019-09-08) Curt Rowlett: Works perfectly and I commend the developer for creating this most useful tool. Like everyone else who spends a lot of time on the Internet, having to click through cookie warnings is almost as annoying as all of the popups out there. Thank you for making this app available to the public.
- (2019-09-05) Kenny Brunton: Fantastic, even if it only stops some of these annoying pop ups it's worthwhile. Great work!
- (2019-08-28) Jan Krulik: The most useful add-on to ever exist, once I got it, I can't live without it.
- (2019-08-26) ultravio1et: the first extension of its kind to work in Opera. excellent work
- (2019-07-17) Sebastian: Thanks so much Ben! I'm realizing now how much I really despised these cookie notices. In addition to the statistics that Ben Steed mentioned, you could calculate how much time has been saved by not having to click away these notices. Assuming it takes about 0.5s per notice, I can see this piling up quickly. Would be fun to see. =)
- (2019-05-30) Ben Steed: Love it! Great work. Would like to see statistics as to how many of these notices get blocked without my knowledge.
- (2019-05-07) Kai-Uwe Markeli: Absolutely zero functionality
- (2020-08-01, v:1.7.0) Fausto: blocked checkbox
- (2020-07-04, v:1.7.0) 淡空醉花: Three proposals
1. Can you open issues feedback on 🐈github, because it is better there, can post screenshots there, and it is also very convenient to organize and summarize. 2, Enable Cookie Notice Blocker:🔲 ☝This is a ON/OFF(switch) , can you add a option: Click behavior on the icon action icon of the browser, In other words, clicking the extension Action-icon is ON/OFF. It will realize the one-key ON/OFF to the greatest extent. 3,Bug🐞report: for example, https://chrome.google.com/webstore On the Chrome-extension-store page, When you are a tourist, Then click the login button in the upper right corner of the page, https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/signinc......... On this page, your extension mistake killed it, resulting in the login box not being displayed. So if there is a key switch(ON/OFF), it will be very convenient.
- (2020-06-22, v:1.7.0) Stoyan Ivanov: www.engadget.com
Please, look at the consent redirection on https://www.engadget.com/. I doubt one can overcome it safely.
- (2020-06-04, v:1.7.0) Gyanodaya Jaiswal: Does not work in some websites
https://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/blog/2008/april/our-annual-repo Great app but few sites are still able to produce popups that cannot be closed unless accepted
- (2020-05-26, v:1.7.0) Bill Porter: maleware detection
Hi, The Cookie Notice Blocker extension comes up as malware when I scan with System Mechanic Malware Killer app. Do you know why? Thanks!
- (2020-05-26, v:1.7.0) Mgis 90: Used to work but they changed notice type
And now its not working for this https://tibia.fandom.com/wiki/ Great extension! Keeps my browsing clean!
- (2020-05-19, v:1.6.0 rev 2) Tom Gola: Allow to add custom filters
Hi. This is very good extension. Thank you so much for doing that. Some sites still shows banners, mainly on non-english web-sites. Its possible to you to add ability for custom user filters? That will be helpful allow users to block banners on web-sites where banners not blocked automatically by your extension. Thank you, Tom.
- (2020-03-10, v:1.5.5) Patrick Wills: Add to Whitelist button is greyed out
Whichever site I visit (e.g.https://www.cube.eu/en/cube-bikes/) the button is greyed out. No explanation is given why this should be, but clearly it renders the extension somewhat redundant.
- (2020-02-04, v:1.5.3 rev 8) Michael Cordon: Can't see overlay in bottom corners of google maps
Until I whitelisted google.com I couldn't see the buttons on the bottom corners of google maps, such as the switch to satellite view button or the zoom buttons or th drag and drop yellow street view images person.
- (2019-12-19, v:1.5.3 rev 4) Giordano D'Obici: How does it work?
Hi, this is a very interesting extension: thank you for the time you put into it. I'm not sure what it really does, though. Does it decline every cookie but the necessary ones? Or does it just close the popup? In this case, the site's default settings are kept, which means you accept most cookies anyway.
- (2019-06-20, v:1.5.0 rev 3) Raina Suominen: GitHub
Hey Ben, Do you have a place for users to check out the code on GitHub or anywhere else?
- (2019-02-01, v:188.8.131.52) Ålexander Palecha: Don`t work
for example this site: https://pes-zone.ru/news/patchi_dlja_pes_2019/1-0-151 or this:http://pes-files.ru/pes2019_patchi
- (2018-11-21, v:1.3.11) monstercolorfun co: found a bug
good program, found a bug https://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/318595/why-is-submit-button-invisible-for-edit-form-on-politics-stack
- (2018-11-21, v:1.3.11) monstercolorfun co: found a bug
thanks it's a very good chrome extension, found a bug: https://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/318595/why-is-submit-button-invisible-for-edit-form-on-politics-stack
- (2018-09-16, v:1.2.3) Doug H: https://realclearpolitics.com/
https://realclearpolitics.com/ utilizes a delayed element insertion method