Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate with the most popular websites.
JK Shortcuts Navigator Browse the web like a pro - never touch your mouse again! Go to: http://jknavigator.org for more information. On search results pages: - j: Select next result - k: Select previous result - i: Go back to first position - o or Return: Load selected result - ⌘+Return: Load selected result in new tab/window - / Focus search box On detail pages: - j: Load next result page - k: Load previous result page - i: Go back to search results page - / Focus search box The following sites are currently supported: - Google - Facebook - Amazon - Craigslist - Quora - Hacker News - Reddit - YouTube - Facebook - Stack Overflow - LinkedIn - Yelp - Ebay
- (2019-10-09) Ryuta Matsuno: Does not work anymore
- (2018-02-11) Iggy Mc: A feature that should be built-in on any browser. Thank you developer!. I would only love to personalise the keys but other than that, I love it.
- (2017-11-28) David: Many of the sites don't work or don't work very well. Google is broken. (Google Search Keyboard Shortcuts and Google Search Navigator are working alternatives.) Amazon broken. Stackoverflow broken. Several work (lobsters) and likely it's just because neither the extension nor the github have seen updates since 2012. If you can figure out how to edit the configuration, then you can probably get this to work nicely for you.
- (2017-08-08) M D: for all the people who have troubles with the extension on facebook, you can use "extension automation" extension to disable "JK Shortcuts Navigator" specifically on facebook without losing functionality on other sites...
- (2017-05-24) Zacharias LastName: Breaks facebook. Redirects page to "undefined" whenever the 'i' key is pressed, making typing comments and messages impossible. Plugin was last updated in 2012 so not going to be fixed.
- (2017-05-10) ponsheng Chen: 快速的選擇搜尋結果 還能自動跳下一頁 推推增加工作效率的工具
- (2017-02-26) Paul Reiser: Really nice tool. it would be great if one could change the shortcuts though. Coming from Emacs, I'm used to navigating up and down using CTRL-n and CTRL-p instead of j and k. So naming it JK Shortcuts Navigator was probably not the wisest of choices if you need to add support for other keys in the future.
- (2017-02-15) Hungry Coder: If you are a shortcut freak like me you will like this. At first J & K keys can be difficulty to adapt for some users if you are used to up and down arrow keys. But once you get used to it, it's fast and smooth. Quick google search tip: Ctrl + t -> enter query -> J & K to navigate through results. Turkish: Özet geçiyorum: Başta J ve K tuslarina alismak zor olabilir ama alisinca seri bir sekilde navigasyon yapabiliyorsunuz.
- (2016-11-28) Kyle Johnston: No longer being updated and some of the websites don't work. For the sites it does work on (including Google), it's great!
- (2016-10-12) Christoph Rist: This is one of the most useful extensions for Chrome!
- (2016-09-22) Michael Giorgis: A thousand thanks to the creator of this wonderful extension! Navigating a search results page was the most frequent activity that I couldn't do from my keyboard. To put it dramatically, a little piece of me died every time I searched for something, found the result I wanted to view, awkwardly locked eyes with it, then had to deploy my hand overseas, land and position it on rodent isle, then visually march through a forest of pixels to get to thing. This extension saves me much unnecessary eye movement, arm swinging, and latency. Big up!
- (2016-06-17) Thaddee Tyl: Ugly but it is alone in doing this, and there are not too many bugs.
- (2016-03-29) Nemanja Velickovic: gr8
- (2015-12-22) Alexander Bollbach: there is a bug! it takes me to facebook/undefined.. Can't use.
- (2015-10-14) Tanner M: On Facebook, it will redirect to facebook.com/undefined when typing words occasionally. Tested it by turning on and off this extension and the issue only occurred when it was on.
- (2013-10-30) simply wonderful
- (2013-07-06) Nick Sudhaus: So much faster now!
- (2012-10-18) Ryan D. Matzner | Fueled: So amazing!
- (2012-09-27) Tomaž Štolfa: Speeds up my browsing by 10000%
- (2012-09-25) David Dehghan: I like how it automatically goes to the next page when you reach the end.
- (2012-09-21) Jeremy Rossmann: Super useful when browsing craigslist, reddit, hn, and others!
- (2012-09-19) Ertan Dogrultan: does the job perfectly well. it'll definitely increase your productivity. also they have cool features on craigslist. when you're viewing a listing, if you want to see the next one, you don't have to go back to the search results and click on the next link. you can directly use jk to see the next listing.
- (2018-10-10, v:22.214.171.124) Jonas M: Stopped Working
Since a few days, it stopped working. I was using JK Navigator a lot on the google-search results page. But now it doesn't do anything anymore. I would like to share more information about how or why it's not working anymore, but I don't know a lot about chrome extensions. Ask if you need more infos about my setup. I will be glad to hear about fixes/improvements. Thanks for the great work!
- (2017-06-07, v:126.96.36.199) Dan Bondarenko: Changing shortcuts
Hello! Thank you for the wonderful extension. Would it be possible to add the functionality of changing the keybindings which are used for navigating?
- (2017-05-24, v:188.8.131.52) Breaks favebook messaging
Pressing the 'i' key causes the page to refresh when typing a comment or IM on facebook. Making typing impossible.
- (2017-01-22, v:184.108.40.206) Olivier Traveaux: Letter "i" problem Facebook Youtube
The letter "i" is active when I write a comment on facebook and Youtube. It makes appear a pop up window on facebook and redirect me on the homepage of youtube.
- (2016-11-10, v:220.127.116.11) Mong Him Ng: cause facebook to pop warning when press i
cause facebook to pop warning when press i when i disable this extension, fb is fine again. please fix! this extenssion is awesome but i can't not use fb.
- (2016-09-23, v:18.104.22.168) Michael Giorgis: Setting changes don't sync across devices
I added a custom site on one computer, went to another computer, and it didn't have the new site in JK settings. On both computers, I was on Chrome running under the same Google account. Aren't settings supposed to sync? Restarting the browser didn't help, but maybe I should've cleared the cache? If this is a known issue, please document it in the description. If not, please fix. Thanks.
- (2016-09-23, v:22.214.171.124) Michael Giorgis: Bug: shortcuts should only be active on the results page
On YouTube (but notably not on google.com) I encountered a bug where pressing j/k on a video page (not on results page) navigates you to the next video that was on the results page. This is obviously a problem since I only want j/k to work when I'm on the results page. Has anyone encountered this? Is there a config option that would fix this? If so, the default config should be fixed. Thanks.
- (2015-08-27, v:126.96.36.199) Nuno Sousa: Open-source
This project seems unmaintaned. How about open sourcing it on Github so others can contribute?
- (2015-08-27, v:188.8.131.52) Nuno Sousa: Pink highlight
Is there any way to customize the pink highlight? I'd prefer something a lot more subtle!
- (2015-03-01, v:184.108.40.206) Alexei Glushchenko: Stopped working:-(
No longer works in Chrome. Noticed withing the last couple of weeks. Can you fix it, ple-e-ease!
- (2014-12-29, v:220.127.116.11) David Simmons: 'i' key in Facebook attempts navigation even when entering comments.
Just a heads up -- it looks like the 'i' key is active in Facebook even when entering comment text, making it difficult to enter text. (I disabled JK, and the problem went away.)