Provides powerful website-specific shortcuts and instant keyboard shortcut discovery across many websites.
Macro is a Chrome extension that makes users more productive on the web. Macro offers powerful website-specific shortcuts and instant keyboard shortcut discovery across many websites. Currently, Macro supports consistent keyboard shortcuts across Messenger and Google, with more website support coming. Learning shortcuts for one website means you won’t have to learn it again for a new website. Macro is designed to be an open-source platform allowing developers to create new plugins using our API or contribute to existing plugins. What websites does Macro support? We currently support Google, Messenger, YouTube and GitHub. A simple way to tell if a website is supported is by checking if the Macro extension icon glows blue. How do I get Macro? Visit https://usemacro.github.io/ and click the “Add to Chrome” button. How do I use Macro? Learn new keyboard shortcuts by pressing alt+/ to show the keyboard shortcut panel. Once you’ve learned a few, press alt+/ to close the panel, and start using the shortcuts!
- (2021-04-27) logan gatje: did noty work at all horible scam
- (2021-04-23) Szymon P: doesnt work
- (2021-04-21) Nick Palazzolo: doesn't work. went to Wikipedia, pressed it and it did not do anything
- (2021-01-12) ExpiredBeatle49: Does not work, Don't get it is a scam
- (2021-01-04) DrHvked: Is this a joke? It doesn't even load and it's horrible af
- (2020-12-15) addy setty: um i dontknow how to work it can someone show me
- (2020-12-05) Stuff ostuff: not working at all
- (2020-02-23) Chris Hunt: Doesnt work
- (2020-01-28) Luciana Fernandes: Don't work AT ALL
- (2019-11-13) Sam Williams: so, it only works when you have already searched for something in google.com, say for instance you just search "a" in google. THEN Alt+/ works. so yeah its limited but it does work
- (2019-10-11) Jonathan Wright: Doesn't work. The Alt+/ isnt pulling anything up and clicking the extension does nothing which is greeeeaat. -_-
- (2019-01-13) Vivek Vishwaroju: Didn't work at all
- (2018-11-18) Valentin Dimitrov: Works great, the functionality should be included in Google Chrome by default!!!
- (2018-07-20) Dan Haiduc: Not sure how it works, or who defines the shortcuts, but it's not me, and not for any site I want.
- (2018-07-07) Kane Lewis: doesn't work at all
- (2018-06-04) Malachi Davis: Didn't work.
- (2018-03-27) Joshua Allum: Very useful! Can't see why this functionality isn't baked into browsers and web pages by default
- (2018-03-16) Christopher Luc: Works really well! I love the Google search shortcuts and learned so many new shortcuts from using this!
- (2018-03-15) I N: удобно
- (2018-03-15) Petros Bleyan: Exactly what I needed! The Messenger functionality is super useful
- (2018-03-15) Andy Zhang: Really awesome plugin, works great!
- (2018-03-14) Pruthvi Panchani: thanks for this plugin
- (2021-02-17, v:2.0.5) John Archambeau: Doesn't work when I do Alt / on Windows 10. This is garbage, I think this is a Mac only plugin. ARGO!
Does nothing but tell me a site is Macro enabled. I think this is a Mac only plug in. ARGO! Either support all platforms or you can go f' yourself, with all due respect.
- (2018-12-26, v:2.0.5) Mark Holten: Macro
Does this only work on Macintosh? Alt/ doesn't do anything on Windows 10.
- (2018-10-26, v:2.0.5) RedNectar: Like others have said hitting Alt+/ does NOTHING
I'd be happy enough to see "Record Macro" on the little extension icon instead of having something totally unusable FYI - OS is Windows 10, keyboard is Macintosh keyboard (RDP session to Win 10)
- (2018-08-09, v:2.0.5) Bharat Pahalwani: Not working on Mac
I am running command alt + / . but its not working in chrome on mac.
- (2018-06-18, v:2.0.5) Catalin Olaru: Messenger keys
It would be really useful if the keys for messenger would be alt + shift + n instead of alt + n. Alt + n is also used for jumping to the nth tab
- (2018-06-03, v:2.0.5) SERAJ ALKHASAWNEH: How do i start this application or use it on MacBook?
Please tell me how to use this application in Chrome for Mac, as the panel does not show up with alt + /.
- (2018-03-23, v:2.0.4) Tamas Ionut: Back/Forward shortcuts
It would be really useful if after I navigated from google to a link, I could have some back/forward keyboard shortcuts.
- (2018-03-17, v:2.0.2) Hurty18: Shortcut doesn't work on Mac
alt + / doesn't do anything
- (2018-03-15, v:2.0.2) Siddhant Shenoy: Permissions query
If the add-in has the sole purpose of indicating the shortcuts for my current web page why does it need the following permission? "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit"?