Allows users to download files to a temporary folder, such as Downloads\Temp, rather than the Downloads folder.
This extension allows users to download files to a temporary folder, such as Downloads\Temp, rather than the Downloads folder. Once a download is initiated, a popup appears; press OK to save the download in the Temp folder or Cancel to save the download in the default Downloads folder. The extension is fully customizable and also supports the application of advanced rules to manage where downloaded files will be saved automatically.
- (2018-07-27) Martin Schreurs: Very great app, finally my download is not cluttered with temp-downloads (still think that is a very big insight-fault of the developers). And an option to cleanup the folder on exit would really be great!
- (2017-07-12) This extension works great, easy filtering also, even allows for wildcards. Thanks for this! One suggestion though to make it a 5-star: could you add the option to clean the temp folder on exit?
- (2016-10-13) pablo kuko: Just what I was looking for! Goodbye to endless list of files downloaded that you only need them once...
- (2016-07-14) Kyler Nelson: Useful extension. Would like to see a filter option to always prompt for specific file types and an option to save to a location automatically if no filter is configured for a file type, making it so you don't have to see a prompt very frequently.
- (2016-04-02) MartinezZ De Los Klimos: HI. I don't get it. Can you listening in Chrome/Vivaldi and make rule if I press Open in standard download dialog -> save file to Temp folder AND if I press Save (in standard download dialog) just download file to folder which I set in browser as Download? (OR classicly open exporer for make choice where I want to save file)?
- (2016-01-26) Arsalan Khalid: You should allow the user to send downloads to the actual temp directory located in Users>username>AppData>Local>Temp instead of just creating a temp folder! Are you on GitHub, I can totally submit a pull request.
- (2016-01-19) Yehor Konoval: Guys, could you please add a possibility to turn off "Download to Temp Folder" confirmation? Your extension is great, but this is really annoying. For example I want only torrent files to be saved into temp folder (and maybe some others which I will define in settings http://i.imgur.com/gpZVQBn.png ) but by default it would be great if no confirmation would rise. Now I'll have to put directly a lot of file types in settings to avoid that confirmation. Think about it. Thanks
- (2015-10-28) gar keiner: Downloading to a designated "Temp" folder works very well. The (optional) dialog before a download is great. Only removing downloads (single files or clearing the whole "Temp" folder) doesn't work at all, which is quite annoying. :-(
- (2015-04-25) Nir A: Excellent! Works well and easy to use.
- (2015-04-20) Matan Steiner: Great! Finally I can easily manage my downloads and I don't have to have a mess in the Downloads folder.