Speech recognition and voice control for Chrome
- (2021-06-23) Roovaaku: I just installed hey buddy and I think it's really awesome, but I wish he had more command for music because when I say pause or play or play music it doesn't do much, I 'would like it to have more than functionality like a compatible with streaming services like Spotify and Amazon music, and also that asked to play a video on YouTube to be more natural and simple, because at the moment I have to make sentences very long and precise and even sometimes it does not launch videos, but only a search on youtube: C I would also like it to be able to have a voice and also more language like French and also the possibility of recording the sentence who activates it for who recognizes precisely the word example: jarvis he can sometimes see often having difficulty understanding personalized and non-standard words I imagine features like this might be added in the future, but it would be nice to have them soon. But for now I'm in love with this voice assistant I would have put 10 stars if it was more developed and compatible with spotify and had more features than I listed.
- (2021-06-18) TJ Huntley: My rating should be 4.5 bc this extension is awesome. It works very well too. You don't have to keep saying it 12 times for it to wake. The only thing it seems to be lacking, is the ability to personalize command words yourself (e.g. "Show me Fox News" takes you to Fox News, "I want to watch Lester Holt" takes you to NBC Nightly News, "Open my Spreadsheets" opens your personal Google Sheets you select.)
- (2021-05-27) Kristen Huber: Very very happy with this. Google Assistant doesnt work with my version of chromebook so this is a wonderful alternative. Thank you so much!
- (2021-05-05) Mr. JMAJT: This is very good extension. Thanks!
- (2021-04-28) Dude Tabby: Not bad, a few issues, but it works more ot the time. I figured out I don even have to say hey buddy to go to websites. I just say go to youtube or something and it automatically goes there without sayin "Hey buddy"
- (2021-04-27) Lorde Rouse: Very cool indeed! This isn't 100%, but it is close enough. I am really impressed. Thank you very much!
- (2021-03-15) Benjamin Avila: Quite happy with this ... It just works ! You will love it trust me ...
- (2021-02-22) ekarron: ِAfter using almost all the extensions of this nature on chrome web store, I can confidently say that this is the best one.
- (2021-02-20) Shubham Mehra: Loved it
- (2021-02-06) Disappointment: Hey Buddy works great! He is very responsive, and I wanted something just like him. But a few tips and bugs I wanted to inform you about: 1. I cannot name him something else, there isn't a option, maybe you can add a button that allows everyone to do that :) 2. I REALLY want Hey Buddy to be a background voice assistant. When I'm in a google meet, he pops up when I call him and I don't really want that (Especially when I'm presenting) 3.When I download Hey Buddy, a website with the commands come up for only 2 seconds and then another website pops up called "Bewise" so we can't exactly look at the commands. :( But overall I highly recommend Hey Buddy as your voice assistant! He is the best one I found yet!
- (2021-01-23) Haroon Haneef: I never wrote reviews for chrome web app, but this app is simply amazing. I have Windows 10 laptop, not even cortana or alexa is this perfect, I am very satisfied with this app, everyone should try this. Kudos to developers
- (2021-01-20) jeevan M〽: it is best voice assistant and works super in chrome ,Brave ,this extension not working in microsoft edge, (can you update this extension to make a rotating logo when we activate this ) like cortana
- (2021-01-16) rehna uroothodi: I was Nice
- (2020-12-05) Manish behra: super
- (2020-09-17) Greg Hatfield: How do you change the default search engine?
- (2020-04-14) 梁成恩: 它不支持中文，好悲伤
- (2020-03-23) Kerrington Wells: Works well for Navigating Chrome... could use some work on the voice recognition side... however for the most part get the job done.
- (2020-03-16) Константин Неизвестниов: Don't recognise speech with accent corectly. Examples: "Close tab" => "Call stop", "Kohl's stock", "gold stop", "call.", "cool.", "."
- (2020-03-15) red_propulsion_gamer: i liked it but it didn't have many good commands it would only search on google
- (2020-03-10) Gopi krishna: I'm giving 3 star just for this reason bcoz its always tries to do google search without any prefix keyword like "open" or "search for", Even when i'm saying command like Write "I am happy" in a textbox ( if i pause a little bit after "i am" it does google search on "happy" keyword in a new tab.). If you fix it i'm change the rating.
- (2020-01-26) Bhabani shankar Sahoo: good for your business
- (2020-01-22) Redshift Woratouch: I can't say Thai word.
- (2020-01-17) Vetrivel M: Great assistant, works fine but some issues like scrolling down,this command is not working and also finding a word in a page etc. Hope you fix it
- (2020-01-12) Some Guy Online: Has potential; I wanted this specifically for controlling YoutTube while I'm building things in my room. But the mic pics up the video's voice as command inputs and while I can tell the video to start playing, and it does, pausing or stop do not work.
- (2020-01-09) Saram Hassan: its great. but seems to miss the command sometimes.. we would love to see a visual feedback it will make it more efficient and userfriendly.
- (2019-12-30) Vinny Noel: Best voice assistant for Chrome!!
- (2019-12-11) Damian Hallbauer: I love this as much as I've grown to hate cortana. Thanks, nice to have found this now, after I just had to uninstall and fire her with her cheeky attitude and poor listening! if only it could control my PC more fully give a hands free operation...
- (2019-10-31) Creepy Guy: It is not Responding. Help me how to enable it. when I say Hey Buddy, It sends notification that it is ready but it does not respond even within 2 seconds Please help out
- (2019-07-31) Hr Gwea: It doesn't work on Chrome 49. You should add a minimum supported version in your manifest.
- (2019-07-09) Sidd ?: Anything say is transcribed correctly, but all it does is open a new tab with the transcription as the search. What i want is to use STT to fill text and avoid typing, but selecting any text field and starting your extension has no effect, all it does is search for it.
- (2019-06-08) Boopathi: It just super
- (2019-05-20) Fisummer D: very great extension i have ever used, loved it
- (2019-04-28) Makio Andrew: Nem se comparar com o voiceln... estava satisfeito com ele vocês fizeram alguma modificação no navegador Chome para gente não poder usar o Voiceln para usar o da google que não chegar nem perto deste que relatei a cima a do google chome voice a gente fala algo e escreve outro se tiver-se um navegador compatível com Voicein eu trocava de navegador.
- (2019-04-08) Prabhat Kumar: it isn't customizable :/. As in, i can't change the hot word nor the keyboard shortcut. hope you look after that
- (2019-03-31) E.A.M #Türkçe#: very good but dont be turkish language but no problem
- (2019-03-13) Rapha'el Ben Yisra'el: Very impressive!
- (2019-02-08) alex carr: I was wondering if you guys could make it so I could change the trigger word and make it a name. Overall, great product.
- (2019-01-18) Trying2 Understand: It was great at voice recognition, but terrible at intent recognition. If I paused speaking for even a millisecond it would place a '.' then capitalize the next word. It also had a very irritating habit of sending messages to my message center that would pop up and obscure the area that I was trying to type in. I am going to uninstall, but if you message me with fixes to those two issues, I will re-install.
- (2019-01-15) Michael Mason: I just found out about Chrome Voice Assistant today and it is simply fantastic!!! :) I was never happy with any of the Chrome voice extensions in the store and pretty much gave up. But today I went into the chrome store in hoping there was something new since it's been a while since I last had a look and that's when I came across Chrome Voice Assistant and it is by far the best voice extension for chrome or any browser on windows! Chrome Voice Assistant is a dream come true for the Chrome Browser! :) And please if you can keep it updated with new features and bug fixes!!! The developers of Chrome Voice Assistant extension should really be proud of them self's Highly recommended!!! :) Update Tue Jan.15,2019 Just got to say I am so impressed how quickly the developer of Chrome Voice Assistant has added features that I only just ask for a few days ago :) Other then some bugs with hotword detection listing to long among a few other things Chrome Voice Assistant is the best and a must have for anyone who likes using voice search! Big Thanks for the quick updates!
- (2019-01-10) rich t mason: Just uploaded this app. going to try it for a while. am looking for a voice command app that i can use to control my chromebook whilst i'm offline and listening to music. just so i can select albums, songs, artists or other features depending on the app involved. Can this do it? I'm off to find out.
- (2018-12-14) John Johnson: Works very well... Sometimes too well. I'm on my computer and I use it - - next thing I know is it is typing data from the TV. If I use for data I need to squelch the TV. But I can live with that. I am amazed at how responsive it is. And HEY BUDDY is perfect for a trigger.
- (2018-12-02) ayush: I really loved it but can you please give an option to set the time for which google voice assistant screen remains active after saying HEY BUDDY. Like in my case it stays for around 7 seconds. Suppose i am reading a novel on chrome and i am using google voice assistant for scrolling down the page then i have to say hey buddy for several times to scroll.Hope you will look into it.Thankyou
- (2018-10-25) V István: Not reacting onto most commands (tested: close tab, pin tab, zoom in, make it larger, news of Google, submit, .... Understands some things, and that is cool. Like About California opens the Wiki of California. Not understanding some basic sentences like "pin tab" (-->been tab, etc.)
- (2018-08-09) imran raja: AMAZING SAYING HEY BUDDY LOADS IT SO MANY BUT ONLY ONE DOES WHAT IT SAYS RIGHT CLICK ICON CLICK ON OPTIONS COMMANDS LIST LOADS BRILLIANT RESOURCES HARDLY TOUCHED
- (2018-07-25) Gene Girard: I am heavily reliant on speech recognition. This one works extremely well for its intended purpose — searching on Google by voice and opening and closing tabs as well as miscellaneous other commands. You do not have to click or do anything to start it. It listens for the wake word "Hey Buddy". This is surprisingly easy to remember, does not conflict with any of Amazon Echo, Cortana, CB, or any other weak words. And it is really fast. I mean really fast. I have a blue yeti sitting on my desktop and it is way easier to use this then to even attempt lifting my hands towards my PC to use the keyboard mouse or anything to search on Google search, Close tabs, etc. Highly recommended.
- (2021-08-09, v:2.1.3) starboy Richards: hey buddy
Im happy now
- (2021-06-16, v:2.1.3) heramb mishra: Need Help for my project :)
Can you guide me for the DFD and which Software Engineering model you used
- (2021-04-08, v:2.1.3) Soran Richards: Hey buddy
Ya knw since 2017 when i Got my 1st computer I had BEEN seeking very hard for an Assistant extention as powerful as This because i wanted To shw my parents what ...they can really but i had No Luck Basically Till Finally i found hb i Thinking i had been asking FθR wayy Too MUCH i wasn't so im Reaching out Letting you knw im A big/Huge fan how can i Not BE impossible knowing what these kind of Things can do especially For Elderly/disabled ppl ill be Giving commands to help #1 [clicking Links]=Click/select/open: iLoveDogs_ #2Media-Commands playing [Random Vidz/music]=Play (A) bob Marley.video/S0Ng__ 0R__ A video OF BθB marley [YT Searching]=video·search Bob Marley/Video search For:_bob Marley_/youTUbE search for BθB Marley/Youtube seach Bob Marley #3 >[Result.selection]=0PEN click/Select.THE First-second-third video or by Vid Name/Title aswel as Letter tag - numeric Tagz.#4[Google image Searching]=Search images/photos/Pictures<OF>_bθb_Marley <basic/Simple Way >>Show me: Bob marley ...Photo/Image Search Bob marley_ #5[Reading pages/articles]=Read Aloud// Read The PAGE/Screen Read this/That for me..#6[Tab cloing]=close/Exit Page/tab Number1-2-3//first-Second-Third etc page/Tab.Last/Final Page/Tab which is @ Left end ovi where A human will count from >closing by Name>_close/Exit_cnn/the. cnn tab/Page [Tab-Switching]=Switch-To 1st-Last final-Page/Tab by Name .or Number.switch Tθ: cnn/tab/page Nmbr-123 just page/tab 123 if identical Tabs Are in Your browser.. Repeat CNN untill.it picks What you ...want shouldn't exit if identical Tabs has been Opend cause Ya might Exit the wrong Tab [Playing video @ certain Marks] play video at 5:36 19:25 etc if mark Dont exist it shouldnt D0 anything [AUto-SCROLing]=Auto-Scroll up/Down -Slide up Down/UP The command stop it Should have it stop /Dθnt Move/Stop moving...[pausing.videos]=PAUSE/STOP The Video [playing-Videos]=continue-Play-Resume The Video /With The-this video [Muting] Silence The video/Mute The video simply mute /silence - be Silent/Quiet TOo idk if i Ranked it correctly but i Tried
- (2021-02-22, v:2.1.3) M D: 2 problems
1- when disabling the '"Hey buddy" hotword detection' it disables the whole voice detection, I mean even I click the icon it shows that it works but it will not listen to commands 2- can't find "TTS response on Google search" it worked one time randomly
- (2021-02-22, v:2.1.3) ekarron: Sound Effect
Adding sound effect for when the extension is activated and when it's deactivated. Another suggestion would be to make the written in the middle of the screen instead of in the corner (just easier to follow)
- (2020-08-22, v:2.1.3) J Z: Clicking on links
Am I missing something or is there no way to click on links? If you use LipSurf you can say TAG and it displays annotations of all the links I can click. Otherwise it works pretty good!
- (2020-06-16, v:2.1.3) Soran Richards: hey budy's Vitual Hands free controll voice Assistant for google chrome/chromium browsers
so basically the only issue IT has is randomly poping up when it receives a certain sound And also it cant play music directly on youtube just by saying play _______? there Are other Lesser voice assistants that can do that so easily Like nothing at all for example speech reconition anywhere we need that asap keep maintaing/ stablizing And improving youll keep building to the top cause if you dont its All gonna crubmble down think of it as a sand castle or building block dont give up on what youve spent time on never Abandon it cause seemingly IF something isnt about money it wont Last very Long Lots of people are depending on you dont Let them down
- (2020-05-20, v:2.1.0) Soran Richards: hey buddy voice Assistant for google chrome /chromium etc
hey there creator/inventor/maker or say ..makers/inventors/creators if more than one indivisual/person of the powerful And famous virtual Assistant extention add-on etc for chrome known as the hey buddy The personal virtual assistant known i just wanna reach out To say first/foremost that iAm your biggest super fan plz dont get me wrong at all cause i can so clearly tell youve got a ton more as to where that came from ive seen so i know theres many maybe too many to even declaire but iAm doing so because of how devoted iam to you ive been a fan for awhile now generally because of your effort but has only used this since yesterday iknow i know youd be thinking how can i be a fay if ive only been using it since recently well its because of my Love for personal assistants ive always wanted one for my computer theres only A few that can do this while the ones that can you gotta pay to get voice search results with also custom activation i can surely help you improve your work if i cant nobody else cant so put all of your trust in me first what needs to be done is give it the ability to play music just Like some others can that would be very great for example hey buddy play whitney houston i Look to you etc anything of the users choice number 2 make it more clean And stable as can be plus video stop/pause And resumt/start for video medias from your chrome/chrome based browser 3 give it the capability to record a phrase or or sound Like clap or with the snap of your finger it will be the only one of all voice assistants that can do such thing no other can ive done my research all is specifically/particularly voice phrase non is snap or clap activated or any other form of sound my grammmar isnt the best but im not a grammar nazi or anything so it wouldnt be im just here to help you to do your best that you can this is by far the best of its kind available for chrome probably any browser though chrome would surely have the most extention/add ons Like this one cause chrome has more web apps than any other browser soooo many reasons as why you should try and never quit on this cause this is hope chrome used to support default ok google but it doesnt anymore thats been a long time now this is new hope as i said Let it be that way for eternity the young needs this And the elderly its gonna help elderly people find out stuff Like if theyre selling stuff they can just ask for example hey google whats 100+80$ what ever they wanna at all kids can ask hey google whats 7multiplied by 5 etc
- (2020-04-24, v:2.1.0) gail jensen: i cant turn off my caps lock
i cant turn off my caps lock to use my chromebook
- (2020-02-12, v:2.0.1) BourneRoot: no longer working after update
it says its listening yet is not working
- (2020-01-23, v:1.1.2) Zhe Lee: Where to get the command list?
Not much instructions in the descriptions.
- (2019-12-11, v:1.1.1) Damian Hallbauer: i love this , but can it give a little audio brief blick to acknowlege that hotword worked?
I call it "Mother", as in Alien 1. mother , search etc. But I dont want to say everything if am not sure if I have her attention. A visual panel from the hotword could word as well.. Also if it can stay listening for a while , and do zoom in / out , as it does forward / back, ( mouse wheel functions) , but without having to use the Wake word on each command .. like in Blade Runner ( first one) when he is looking at zoomed evidence. on film. Thanks for making this . What i would like is googles Assistant on PC, cortana refused to let me change her name , cheeky attitude, hopelessly dumb, and probably will never improve. You should sell this to goog, ill never use a chrome book either and i think that is why they don't work well with windows. Companies shoudl stick to what they do best.
- (2019-11-14, v:1.1.1) J acked: Hotword detection
Hi, Hotword and custom hotword detection do not seem to work when switched on. Also I'd like to be able to control Plex with this which is casting to my chromecast. Pause and play would be fine to start with if possible. Alternatively to control the chromecast with voice would be good. Thanks
- (2019-10-28, v:1.1.1) BourneRoot: When saying go to instead of actually taking you to the site
with the exception of YouTube or Google anytime you ask it to go to website it takes you to a page that confirms the redirect and said of actually taking me there Like it used to
- (2019-04-16, v:1.1.0) Emily Abbott: Your app
It needs a "disable" button on it in case you're in someplace noisy and everyone's talking at once.
- (2019-04-01, v:1.1.0) M D: Read first search result
would be nice if the extension could read the first search result or google cards just like google assistant
- (2019-04-01, v:1.1.0) M D: other languages
will this support other languages such as Arabic and Russian, in the future? I mean the voice input part not the commands part?
- (2019-02-26, v:1.1.0) Nicholas Winn: Speech to Text
I've been using the Chrome Voice Assistant for a little bit now and have been loving it. I can't seem to get the Speech to Text to work properly. Is this a feature that I can use in lets say Google Docs?
- (2019-02-08, v:1.1.0) Sam R: Please add input language option
before using Chrome Voice Assistant ext. I was a big fan of https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speech-recognition-anywhe/ . that because it have input language select option which is helpful for non-English dictate. I hope it will add to this plugin soon. and some times input field focus, voice enable notification is quite annoying/disturbing. I think it should more customizable.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0.7) Michael Mason: Hey Buddy Hotword Detection will not stop listening!
I have a very annoying issue when I use "Hey Buddy hotword detection" which by the way is the coolest thing ever after I tell it what to search for it keeps listening and does not seem to ever stop. And because of this it will keep doing new searches as I talk lol :( Can you please make Hey Buddy stop listening right after showing search results? Just like it does when saying "OK Google" on Android devices. So for example I say "Hey Buddy" "show me the weather" It should then show the search results like maybe 1 second after silents and then "hey buddy" should stop listening right after the search results appear. That is pretty much how it works with "OK Google" on android. Even stranger is I even disabled Hey Buddy hotword detection and it's still working. I also noticed when you have Hey Buddy hotword detection enabled it disables Chrome's built in voice search. But I guess that is normal and can not be changed which is fine as Chrome Voice Assistant is way better anyway.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0.7) Michael Mason: 2 feature Requests!
1. Menu Option to not save any search results in the drop down menu on Chrome Voice Assistant. I want this for For privacy reasons. 2. Menu Option to change default search engine to something other then Google. Bing, DuckDuckGo,Yahoo and AOL for example Thanks
- (2018-09-19, v:1.0.6) Troy Taylor: Voice input mode
It takes over the keyboard. Can't backspace, delete or correct spelling.