Use voice commands to control your browser
Enable voice control for Chrome. You can now navigate using voice, hands-free! Start saying "Hey Buddy" to talk to Chrome! Features: - "Hey Buddy" hotword detection - Instant feedback on speech recognition - Support tabs management, media playback, quick navigations, and more! - Keyboard shortcut support - Voice input mode - start writing with voice! What is new in 1.1.2: - Fix go to query What is new in 1.1.1: - Custom hotword support What is new in 1.1.0: - Stop listening after 2 seconds timeout. What is new in 1.0.9: - Add ability to show/hide personalized search suggestions. - Add support for searching on site (e.g., <query> on Bing, search for <query> on Walmart, etc.) What is new in 1.0.8: - Show Google suggestions instead of most recent query. - Allow deletion of Google search suggestion. What is new in 1.0.7: - Say 'stay open' to keep Chrome Voice Assistant active. What is new in 1.0.6: - Voice input mode - use voice dictation to compose email, take notes, fill out form, etc. What is new in 1.0.5: - Bookmark management (bookmark / remove bookmark) - Navigation (go back / go forward) - Page control (zoom in / zoom out / page up / page down)
- (2020-01-26) Bhabani shankar Sahoo: good for your business
- (2020-01-22) Redshift Woratouch: I can't say Thai word.
- (2020-01-17) Vetrivel M: Great assistant, works fine but some issues like scrolling down,this command is not working and also finding a word in a page etc. Hope you fix it
- (2020-01-12) Steve Private: Has potential; I wanted this specifically for controlling YoutTube while I'm building things in my room. But the mic pics up the video's voice as command inputs and while I can tell the video to start playing, and it does, pausing or stop do not work.
- (2020-01-09) Saram Hassan: its great. but seems to miss the command sometimes.. we would love to see a visual feedback it will make it more efficient and userfriendly.
- (2019-12-30) Vinny Mckay: Best voice assistant for Chrome!!
- (2019-12-11) Damian Hallbauer: I love this as much as I've grown to hate cortana. Thanks, nice to have found this now, after I just had to uninstall and fire her with her cheeky attitude and poor listening! if only it could control my PC more fully give a hands free operation...
- (2019-10-31) Faizan Shahbaz: It is not Responding. Help me how to enable it. when I say Hey Buddy, It sends notification that it is ready but it does not respond even within 2 seconds Please help out
- (2019-07-31) Hr Gwea: It doesn't work on Chrome 49. You should add a minimum supported version in your manifest.
- (2019-07-09) Siddhant Giri: Anything say is transcribed correctly, but all it does is open a new tab with the transcription as the search. What i want is to use STT to fill text and avoid typing, but selecting any text field and starting your extension has no effect, all it does is search for it.
- (2019-06-08) Boopathi R: It just super
- (2019-05-20) Fisummer D: very great extension i have ever used, loved it
- (2019-04-28) Makio Andrew: Nem se comparar com o voiceln... estava satisfeito com ele vocês fizeram alguma modificação no navegador Chome para gente não poder usar o Voiceln para usar o da google que não chegar nem perto deste que relatei a cima a do google chome voice a gente fala algo e escreve outro se tiver-se um navegador compatível com Voicein eu trocava de navegador.
- (2019-04-08) Prabhat Kumar: it isn't customizable :/. As in, i can't change the hot word nor the keyboard shortcut. hope you look after that
- (2019-03-31) E.A.M #Türkçe#: very good but dont be turkish language but no problem
- (2019-03-17) M D: Works perfectly, faster than expected, my only concern is privacy giving that this extension is not from a well known developer (eg. google) but other than that it works pretty good.
- (2019-03-13) Rapha'el Ben Yisra'el: Very impressive!
- (2019-02-08) alex carr: I was wondering if you guys could make it so I could change the trigger word and make it a name. Overall, great product.
- (2019-01-18) Trying2 Understand: It was great at voice recognition, but terrible at intent recognition. If I paused speaking for even a millisecond it would place a '.' then capitalize the next word. It also had a very irritating habit of sending messages to my message center that would pop up and obscure the area that I was trying to type in. I am going to uninstall, but if you message me with fixes to those two issues, I will re-install.
- (2019-01-15) Michael Mason: I just found out about Chrome Voice Assistant today and it is simply fantastic!!! :) I was never happy with any of the Chrome voice extensions in the store and pretty much gave up. But today I went into the chrome store in hoping there was something new since it's been a while since I last had a look and that's when I came across Chrome Voice Assistant and it is by far the best voice extension for chrome or any browser on windows! Chrome Voice Assistant is a dream come true for the Chrome Browser! :) And please if you can keep it updated with new features and bug fixes!!! The developers of Chrome Voice Assistant extension should really be proud of them self's Highly recommended!!! :) Update Tue Jan.15,2019 Just got to say I am so impressed how quickly the developer of Chrome Voice Assistant has added features that I only just ask for a few days ago :) Other then some bugs with hotword detection listing to long among a few other things Chrome Voice Assistant is the best and a must have for anyone who likes using voice search! Big Thanks for the quick updates!
- (2019-01-10) rich t mason: Just uploaded this app. going to try it for a while. am looking for a voice command app that i can use to control my chromebook whilst i'm offline and listening to music. just so i can select albums, songs, artists or other features depending on the app involved. Can this do it? I'm off to find out.
- (2018-12-14) John Johnson: Works very well... Sometimes too well. I'm on my computer and I use it - - next thing I know is it is typing data from the TV. If I use for data I need to squelch the TV. But I can live with that. I am amazed at how responsive it is. And HEY BUDDY is perfect for a trigger.
- (2018-12-02) ayush: I really loved it but can you please give an option to set the time for which google voice assistant screen remains active after saying HEY BUDDY. Like in my case it stays for around 7 seconds. Suppose i am reading a novel on chrome and i am using google voice assistant for scrolling down the page then i have to say hey buddy for several times to scroll.Hope you will look into it.Thankyou
- (2018-10-25) V István: Not reacting onto most commands (tested: close tab, pin tab, zoom in, make it larger, news of Google, submit, .... Understands some things, and that is cool. Like About California opens the Wiki of California. Not understanding some basic sentences like "pin tab" (-->been tab, etc.)
- (2018-08-09) imran raja: AMAZING SAYING HEY BUDDY LOADS IT SO MANY BUT ONLY ONE DOES WHAT IT SAYS RIGHT CLICK ICON CLICK ON OPTIONS COMMANDS LIST LOADS BRILLIANT RESOURCES HARDLY TOUCHED
- (2020-01-23, v:1.1.2) Zhe Lee: Where to get the command list?
Not much instructions in the descriptions.
- (2019-12-11, v:1.1.1) Damian Hallbauer: i love this , but can it give a little audio brief blick to acknowlege that hotword worked?
I call it "Mother", as in Alien 1. mother , search etc. But I dont want to say everything if am not sure if I have her attention. A visual panel from the hotword could word as well.. Also if it can stay listening for a while , and do zoom in / out , as it does forward / back, ( mouse wheel functions) , but without having to use the Wake word on each command .. like in Blade Runner ( first one) when he is looking at zoomed evidence. on film. Thanks for making this . What i would like is googles Assistant on PC, cortana refused to let me change her name , cheeky attitude, hopelessly dumb, and probably will never improve. You should sell this to goog, ill never use a chrome book either and i think that is why they don't work well with windows. Companies shoudl stick to what they do best.
- (2019-11-14, v:1.1.1) James Knight: Hotword detection
Hi, Hotword and custom hotword detection do not seem to work when switched on. Also I'd like to be able to control Plex with this which is casting to my chromecast. Pause and play would be fine to start with if possible. Alternatively to control the chromecast with voice would be good. Thanks
- (2019-10-28, v:1.1.1) BourneRoot: When saying go to instead of actually taking you to the site
with the exception of YouTube or Google anytime you ask it to go to website it takes you to a page that confirms the redirect and said of actually taking me there Like it used to
- (2019-04-16, v:1.1.0) Emily Abbott: Your app
It needs a "disable" button on it in case you're in someplace noisy and everyone's talking at once.
- (2019-04-01, v:1.1.0) M D: Read first search result
would be nice if the extension could read the first search result or google cards just like google assistant
- (2019-04-01, v:1.1.0) M D: other languages
will this support other languages such as Arabic and Russian, in the future? I mean the voice input part not the commands part?
- (2019-02-26, v:1.1.0) Nicholas Winn: Speech to Text
I've been using the Chrome Voice Assistant for a little bit now and have been loving it. I can't seem to get the Speech to Text to work properly. Is this a feature that I can use in lets say Google Docs?
- (2019-02-08, v:1.1.0) Sam R: Please add input language option
before using Chrome Voice Assistant ext. I was a big fan of https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speech-recognition-anywhe/ . that because it have input language select option which is helpful for non-English dictate. I hope it will add to this plugin soon. and some times input field focus, voice enable notification is quite annoying/disturbing. I think it should more customizable.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0.7) Michael Mason: Hey Buddy Hotword Detection will not stop listening!
I have a very annoying issue when I use "Hey Buddy hotword detection" which by the way is the coolest thing ever after I tell it what to search for it keeps listening and does not seem to ever stop. And because of this it will keep doing new searches as I talk lol :( Can you please make Hey Buddy stop listening right after showing search results? Just like it does when saying "OK Google" on Android devices. So for example I say "Hey Buddy" "show me the weather" It should then show the search results like maybe 1 second after silents and then "hey buddy" should stop listening right after the search results appear. That is pretty much how it works with "OK Google" on android. Even stranger is I even disabled Hey Buddy hotword detection and it's still working. I also noticed when you have Hey Buddy hotword detection enabled it disables Chrome's built in voice search. But I guess that is normal and can not be changed which is fine as Chrome Voice Assistant is way better anyway.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0.7) Michael Mason: 2 feature Requests!
1. Menu Option to not save any search results in the drop down menu on Chrome Voice Assistant. I want this for For privacy reasons. 2. Menu Option to change default search engine to something other then Google. Bing, DuckDuckGo,Yahoo and AOL for example Thanks
- (2018-09-19, v:1.0.6) Troy Taylor: Voice input mode
It takes over the keyboard. Can't backspace, delete or correct spelling.