Automatically rotate through list of URLs with correlating time intervals. Ideal for low CPU dashboards and kiosks. By Cami Blanch
Tabulus Rotatum is optimized for low CPU kiosk and dashboard setups such as Raspberry Pi, Cubox machines. Tabulus Rotatum takes a given list of URLs and corresponding times (in seconds) and shows each URL for the given amount of time. The first URL is loaded in a background tab and once loaded, the active tab will close and then "sit" on the first URL for the given time interval. This continues and loops for the entire URL list. This is ideal for dashboards and kiosks and can be started with the browser startup. New features: - URLs and time intervals can be loaded from a text webpage. This can be set to auto-load so you can update the URLs remotely. With this feature enabled, every time you restart Tabulus Rotatum the URLs are loaded from the given text webpage. - Bad data is removed. If there is no semicolon or more than 1 semicolon, the line is ignored and removed. If there is no URL and/or time interval, the line is ignored and removed. If the time interval is not a number, the line is ignored or removed. View the source code here https://github.com/camiblanch/Tabulus-Rotatum
- (2021-02-01) dokustreams. de: It closes all other tabs and opens a new tab for every URL load and also reloads all opened tabs on every URL load? i have no idea why and there are no options regarding this :(
- (2020-01-16) Espen Faale: Opens a new tab with one URL, then nothing else happens.
- (2018-10-09, v:2.2) Gregg Lowrimore: Format of the auto-load urls from text file url
What's the format of the text file? Same as the "number or nothing" + ";" + "url"?? or would that be in HTML tags like "<a href="url">tag</a>" or how? Can the auto-load URL be a "file:///home/pi/default.html" URL?
- (2018-09-19, v:2.2) David Harris: Refresh?
Any way to have it reload/refresh a url before displaying it? I have a link directly to image file but it appears that the image is cached so changes are not picked up in the next cycle.
- (2017-11-16, v:2.2) Shenbaga Murugan: URLs becoming empty while clicking save
After entering the urls in the "URLs" textarea, on clicking "Save", automatically the "URLs" textarea becomes empty and nothing happens
- (2017-01-12, v:2.2) White flash
Would it be possible, after opening the urls from the list(in options or url based), to rotate through them rather than creating and deleting them so the screen doesn't flash white at every rotation?
- (2016-01-14, v:2.1) Howard Gutenstein: options page launches on start up
Is there a way to not have the options page be opened when starting up Chrome. The tab pushes off to the left but wanted chrome to display our pages only
- (2015-02-24, v:1.2) Curtis Bratton: Switch tabs only when browser is idle
It would be really helpful to add a feature where the next URL only loads when the browser has been idle for the time specified. This would allow for interactive kiosks, the user could browse the loaded page and interact with it, and url rotation would then resume once they're done. It would be even more useful to have separate time setting for when any interaction with the browser occurs. For example, if the browser is idle, load the next URL in X seconds, if the user interacts with the browser, wait Y seconds to load the next URL instead.