A simple notepad specific to each website you visit.
Anchor Notes is a simple, streamlined, page-specific notepad. Find a recipe online? Made some changes you want to remember next time? Drop an anchor! Pull up the Anchor Notes notepad by clicking the anchor icon in your browser, and jot down your notes. The next time you want to revisit that recipe, pull up the Anchor Notes notepad, and magically, your notes will be there. No need to remember where you saved the file. Your notes are specific to you and to the page you were on when you made them. Visting a friend, and want to show them your recipe changes? If they also have Anchor Notes, just log into their Chrome browser with your credentials, and visit that recipe page. YOUR notes will be there! Even if your friend has taken their own notes on that page! I designed this extension with the mantra, "Do one thing, and do it well". Therefore, Anchor Notes doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles. Here's a short list of the ones it does have: - Autosave - Whenever you stop typing for two seconds, Anchor Notes updates your saved note. No need to click anything! - Speech To Text - Don't feel like typing? Just click the microphone, and say your notes. The HTML5 Speech To Text API handles the rest! - Copy to Clipboard - Copy the entire note to the clipboard with just one click of the clipboard icon! - Toggle Position and Opacity - Is the note in the way of your reading? Don't want to hide it completely? Simply click the side-pointing arrow to toggle the note to the other side of the page, or click the Opacity toggle at the bottom of the note to make the note transparent! NOTE: Please do not use this app for storing passwords or state secrets. It's purpose is convenience, not security! Update - V2.3.0 - 03/15/2017 Added fallback to save notes to localStorage if connection to the db should ever fail. Also added basic protection to the routes, so you will no longer be able to save to the db if you do not upgrade. So, please upgrade!
- (2017-08-12) Kyle Moses: I can't open/view notes
- (2017-03-20) Jamie Crotts: Very handy little tool! user friendly interface and seamless transition into the browser. Makes keeping track of notes across multiple pages simple.
- (2017-03-15) Matt Pestridge: It is a very simple extension that does everything that you would want it to. Is very helpful for storing notes based on the websites that you visit!
- (2017-03-12) James P. Walters: This makes taking and keeping notes about a particular site super easy.
- (2017-03-12) Very useful! Seamless GUI! I usually use Evernote to take notes on webpages, but this is much better because each note card is specific for different sites. I like that I can recall the notes quickly when visiting a site. With Evernote, I have to search through all my notes until I find what I’m looking for. Hope to see more soon from this developer!
- (2017-03-11) Christopher Grabski: Very useful extension. I assigned it a hotkey in chrome so its even quicker.
- (2017-03-11) Mathew Brown: Simple and useful. Often when I visit a website and want to add my own notes. Other solutions are not as useful or simple as this. Also has voice input and an impressive overlay. Highly recommended.
- (2017-03-11) Brad Chapin: I'm all the time forgetting what I needed from any given page, or misplacing my handwritten notes. This add on is incredibly helpful, and super easy to use!
- (2017-03-09) Kyle Gray: Awesome way to keep track of important information on any website. I like using it to remind myself what I like about recipes I find online or what I did differently.
- (2019-05-05, v:2.4.4) Sam B: Not working in "Messeges for web"
There seems to be an issue. I use "Messages for web" on my android phone and browser. This app doesn't seem to store my notes when using this web page. Any help would be much appreciated. Of note: this used to work for this site a few months ago. Another note: this is a very unique app, and when it works, it's very valuable. Congrats on developing a much needed app that no one else has thought of.
- (2019-04-27, v:2.4.4) Ma iid: 如果默认能在右边开启就好了
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) James P. Walters: Remain Visiable
When I switch pages the note screen hides itself. I would prefer the notes to remain visible until I choose to hide them.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) James P. Walters: Failed to Save
If you type a note and leave the page too quickly your notes fail to save. I really like the auto save feature but I don't really like it when my notes don't save. Maybe add the save button with a short cut key of CTRL-S so that I can manually save / have a visual indication that my notes have already been saved.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) James P. Walters: See All Notes
It seems to keep track of the notes by URL. It would be nice if I could see all of my notes for a single site/domain. Maybe somehow show the page within the site the notes are connected too so I can jump to that page. But currently if I can't remember the exact page I was on I'll lose my notes even if I'm on the right site.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) James P. Walters: White Text on Yellow Background
Sometime the text changes to white which is almost impossible to read against the yellow background.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) James P. Walters: Remember Position
I really prefer the notes on the right side of my screen and even though there's quick little arrow to move it to the right I wish the extension would just remember that I want it on the right.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.2) Aaron Zimlich: Doesn't work on this page: