This extension replaces certain English nouns on a webpage with their Russian equivalents.
This is a simple extension to help you expand your Russian vocabulary. Once installed, the extension will automatically scan every website you visit for English-Russian pairs in its dictionary (currently contains over 800 word pairs) and swap in the Russian translations. If a Russian word is giving you trouble, you can easily highlight it and right-click to have the English translation listed for you. You can also open up the extension menu to see the entire dictionary of words for that page, along with information on word gender and number. Extension settings allow you to change the density and difficulty of the Russian words used. Sometimes you might want to quickly read a page in English if the Russian words are giving you trouble: simply press "Disable Once" in the extension's menu to switch the page back to the original English. Alternatively, if you want to prevent pages on a given website from ever being altered, just press "Disable Domain" in the extension menu. The ONLY information stored by the extension is which sites you've chosen to disable it on. No ads, free forever, etc etc. Version 1.6.1: minor bug-fixes with the right-click menu.
- (2020-09-21) TelepathicTortoise: I like it, but it some quality of life changes could be made. Highlighting the words that are changed to Russian would be good for quickly finding them, and not having to highlight them manually in order to see their English translation would be ideal, though not necessary.
- (2017-01-07) Thomas Keeley: Really great idea for an app, could do with a bit of improving though. Some sort of choice over which words to convert in a dictionary and perhaps a frequency of changing them choice. Otherwise, really fast and reliable, does as described!
- (2017-01-04) Nathan Burke: It does what it says it does! The original english words could be better viewed though.
- (2019-06-05, v:1.6.1) Ian K: Is it possible to include options for accent marks?
This extension has been great, but when I see new multi syllable words I'm never sure if I'm putting the stress in the correct place. I was curious if there might be a way to include that as an option
- (2019-05-01, v:1.6.1) Sequoia E.: Other Languages?
This is great! I wonder if you could let people use an "empty" version of your extension to help make the same thing for other languages? The user would put in their own words and definitions, and could then upload the finished "dictionary" as an extension or export the wordlist (that other people could then import to their own "empty" extension) so other people could use it in the same way as this extension works for English to Russian. I know a lot of people who are learning really tiny languages that no one will ever make extensions for, so I thought of this.
- (2017-04-02, v:1.6.1) Klinger Neves: Problem with a domain and its pages
Hi. I'm having a problem with the domain https://vivaldi.com and its subpages. Neither of the options to disable the action of ЛЕКСИКА work in there. I tried everything, as reload the pages, enable and disable the extension, uninstall it and reinstall it... and nothing. Could you please verify this?