Use a custom URL as the New Tab page without losing address bar focus
Choose a custom URL to be displayed on the New Tab page. The address bar stays focused when opening a new tab.
- (2022-10-01) Rafael K.: Nice!
- (2022-03-14) Samuel Rust: I've been searching for a website new tab extension that doesn't put the url in the address bar and I finally found one!
- (2022-02-10) ƵσσƊσƓσσ:Ɗ /\•_•/\: I want to set custom title and site-icon. Thanks You
- (2021-12-07) Matyáš Mašín: A simple plugin for editing cards. It would be useful to add editing of the card name.
- (2020-08-24) Joel Heath: Great extension! Most the others I find dont support keeping the address bar empty with the search icon. But I have one problem with this extension, because all the HTML is put in an iframe, some of the <head> data is lost, meaning the Icon and Page Title aren't used. If this problems was fixed though, would totally give 5 stars!
- (2018-12-03) 小齐: The best one
- (2018-01-26) Christian Sweden: Doesn't work. Opens a blank page in the new tab regardless of what address I enter.
- (2017-10-28) TGRE TGRE: perfect
- (2016-12-01) Jordan: Great extension. I love that the cursor focus is still on the omnibar when I open a new tab. Thanks for this!
- (2020-07-21, v:0.1.1) Alan Haggart: Not working with Chromium Edge
Hi, I thought this extension would be ideal to get around MS Edge new tab not being changeable and defaulting to Bing but am getting error 'www.google.co.uk refused to connect' when I use it. Error appears with other URLs too. Do you have any idea why this is happening and could you change your extension to handle this? Thanks
- (2020-05-27, v:0.1.1) Eduardo Molteni: Why does not support file:/// urls?
It's a Chrome limitation? I have a local html file that I would like to use as new tab