Remove garbage from URLs.
Neat URL cleans URLs, removing parameters such as Google Analytics' utm parameters. Example ------- Before: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ioquake3-Auto-Updater&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Phoronix+(Phoronix) After: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ioquake3-Auto-Updater Custom rules can be added using the global format or the domain specific format ([email protected]). A domain specific parameter would be, for example, [email protected] Parameter rules --------------- A parameter is something that starts with ?. You can add your own parameter in the options of Neat URL. The ? is ommitted in the options, so a ?ved parameter becomes "ved". There are a few exceptions to this rule (see below) Parameters can be global (for every domain): utm_source Parameters can contain @ signs (domain-specific): [email protected] Parameters can contain @ signs with a wildcard so every subdomain will match too: [email protected]*.wired.com Parameters can contain @ signs with a wildcard at the end of a domain name (matches every domain name which begins with "google" and ends in an unknown suffix: [email protected]* Parameters can also apply globally (first rule), except for a (wilcard) domain (second rule): ref ![email protected] The excluded domain always takes precedence. Should you include "ref" and "!ref", "!ref" will apply. Other valid parameters (exceptions to the ? rule): #xtor=RSS-8 (remove this parameter - be sure to include its value as well when you are using anchor tags) #xtor=[email protected] $/[email protected]* (remove everything after /ref on amazon domains - this will only apply when there are no query parameters left after removing the filtered query parameters) $$/[email protected]* (remove everything after /ref on amazon domains - this will always apply, even when there are other query parameters after removing the filtered query parameters - this option is available because the user should be in control but beware that double dollar signs are dangerous, it might break the URL) Invalid parameters: [email protected]*.google.* (too many wildcards) !ved (this is some random string - not supported, but it might work) /[email protected]*$ (dollar sign should be at the beginning) History ------- Neat URL is based on Lean URL. Neat URL contains a few improvements: * set your own URL parameters on the options page (to reach feature parity with Pure URL) * fixed for recent Firefox versions * a nice animation in the toolbar (can be changed or disabled) * domain-specific blocked parameters (to reach feature parity with Pure URL) * wildcard domain-specific blocked parameters Bug reports and feature requests -------------------------------- You can open an issue on GitHub. Please include "Neat URL" in the title of the newly created issue: https://github.com/Smile4ever/firefoxaddons/issues/new
- (2021-02-19) Ivan Sorokin: Please add filters for URLs like this: https://hightech.fm/2021/02/19/brazil-city-vaccinated/amp?io_source=t&__twitter_impression=true
- (2020-12-06) Janel: Отлично работает 👍
- (2020-11-09) Arturo Ramirez: Could you add mercadolibre to the list? thank you, this works just fine
- (2020-07-19) Avamander /: I really like that it helps getting rid of all the cruft every website adds to their links.
- (2020-03-05) Phuong Tran: Look like it's not work at the moment
- (2019-11-12) IBF YouTube: works well in chrome. though not all the time. cannot get it to work on vivaldi though. requires a refresh to clean url. does not work automatically on clicking from third party source.
- (2019-09-30) João Serra: Hey do you guys know if this works with urls that have redirects inside the url itself? Many times i get something like "http://....?url=https://" . so we have an http redirect to https... i just grab the https and paste it directly in address bar
- (2019-05-31) iherb discount-code MOP737: I installed this on FIREFOX and CHROME! Thank you so much. Right-click for Preferences! I didn't change any preferences yet.
- (2019-01-26) Jukka Hautakorpi: Does not remove fbclid from facebook links. Even if added to settings and gave permissions.
- (2019-01-24) Andy Zaayenga: Wow! This one really works. I manage several news digests where I aggregate news articles. I've tried many utm strippers and none worked consistently. Neat URL works for me because it allows you to set Blocked Parameters where I can add offending trackers. Very nice. Thank you.
- (2018-12-06) could add customized param, which much better than similar plugin!!!!!
- (2018-11-09) Nyarlathotep: работает. можно настроить.
- (2018-07-27) Marcos Agaiby: Finally a Chrome Extension that can remove those annoying unnecessary URL lengtheners and trackers. I got it mostly to autostrip an amazon product url "ref=...UTF... qid, keywords etc.." Makes texting links much more professional and saves time from doing it manually (which I've been doing for a few months now). So far so good. UTM stripping and customizing URLs is always a plus. Just be aware for it to work it needs to be able to see all urls you go to, which is understandable.
- (2018-05-30) Rong Huang: 终于移植到Chrome了！