Remove garbage from URLs.
Neat URL cleans URLs, removing parameters such as Google Analytics' utm parameters. Example ------- Before: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ioquake3-Auto-Updater&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Phoronix+(Phoronix) After: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ioquake3-Auto-Updater Custom rules can be added using the global format or the domain specific format ([email protected]). A domain specific parameter would be, for example, [email protected] Parameter rules --------------- A parameter is something that starts with ?. You can add your own parameter in the options of Neat URL. The ? is ommitted in the options, so a ?ved parameter becomes "ved". There are a few exceptions to this rule (see below) Parameters can be global (for every domain): utm_source Parameters can contain @ signs (domain-specific): [email protected] Parameters can contain @ signs with a wildcard so every subdomain will match too: [email protected]*.wired.com Parameters can contain @ signs with a wildcard at the end of a domain name (matches every domain name which begins with "google" and ends in an unknown suffix: [email protected]* Parameters can also apply globally (first rule), except for a (wilcard) domain (second rule): ref ![email protected] The excluded domain always takes precedence. Should you include "ref" and "!ref", "!ref" will apply. Other valid parameters (exceptions to the ? rule): #xtor=RSS-8 (remove this parameter - be sure to include its value as well when you are using anchor tags) #xtor=[email protected] $/[email protected]* (remove everything after /ref on amazon domains - this will only apply when there are no query parameters left after removing the filtered query parameters) $$/[email protected]* (remove everything after /ref on amazon domains - this will always apply, even when there are other query parameters after removing the filtered query parameters - this option is available because the user should be in control but beware that double dollar signs are dangerous, it might break the URL) Invalid parameters: [email protected]*.google.* (too many wildcards) !ved (this is some random string - not supported, but it might work) /[email protected]*$ (dollar sign should be at the beginning) History ------- Neat URL is based on Lean URL. Neat URL contains a few improvements: * set your own URL parameters on the options page (to reach feature parity with Pure URL) * fixed for recent Firefox versions * a nice animation in the toolbar (can be changed or disabled) * domain-specific blocked parameters (to reach feature parity with Pure URL) * wildcard domain-specific blocked parameters Bug reports and feature requests -------------------------------- You can open an issue on GitHub. Please include "Neat URL" in the title of the newly created issue: https://github.com/Smile4ever/Neat-URL/issues/new
- (2022-06-21) Grayson Oliver: [email protected] needs to be manually removed from the default blocked parameters if you wish to switch between your channels (If I have two or more channels I own/are tied to my account) Works well otherwise!
- (2022-06-12) Андрей Минин: Крайне полезный инструмент, для того, кто часто вставляет ссылки на страницы в какие-либо документы.
- (2022-03-11) Void: Aliexpress doesn't work
- (2022-02-01) Slava: у меня не удаляет параметр t из адреса на youtube ! Перепробовал все варианты, читал сайт разработчика и советы тут в отзывах. Перепробовал Chromium, Cent и Yandex Browser
- (2022-01-12) Mibix Fox: I have had this for a while and thought it just didn't work. Read the Github and figured out how to configure it and now it is one of my favorite extensions.
- (2021-11-19) Dmitry Petrash: Отлично работает! Можно настраивать свои правила. Например я добавил вот такие: market.yandex.ru: yyy, sku, do-waremd5, cpc, nid, from-show-uid, from, xxx yandex.ru: yyy, parent-reqid, xxx aliexpress.ru: yyy, item_id, spm, sku_id, xxx В конце и начале строки надо обязательно добавлять дополнительные параметры, т.к. это расширение первый и последний параметры почему то не обрабатывает. Как у меня "yyy" и "xxx"
- (2021-08-24) I Wang: visit_id,from_source,spm_id_from,from,seid,broadcast_type,hotRank,session_id bilibili.com
- (2021-08-17) Madame Minty: Nice overall, but breaks viewing shared OneDrives (not your own—this works fine), for example https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aip-EMByJHY22BhfdJ1Epkfc3ugq?e=yVfXkz
- (2021-07-23) Alex: Works for some doesn't work for others. I see in options it works for aliexpress but it is not working at all. spm parameters after links are not being removed at all.
- (2021-07-09) Huan Lin: Sometime it just doesn't work.
- (2021-06-29) Matt B: Best at what it does. Cleans the garbage super easily, logs it, counts it.
- (2021-06-23) Pedro Henrique Pinto de Oliveira: Meh. First of all, a waste of memory for something that could have been a userscript. After saving the changes to the blocked parameters one second time, it will be broken forever. Unable to overwrite any filter and the extension won't work on any site. Tried reloading and et cetera; nothing. Does not recognise anything with the "&" prefix, if you're wondering.
- (2021-05-28) John Navas: Best URL cleaner. Lean and efficient. Minus one star because (a) comments don't work in custom Blocked parameters, and (b) website URL <itsafeature.org> does not work.
- (2021-02-19) Ivan Sorokin: Please add filters for URLs like this: https://hightech.fm/2021/02/19/brazil-city-vaccinated/amp?io_source=t&__twitter_impression=true
- (2020-12-06) Janel: Отлично работает 👍
- (2020-11-09) Arturo Ramirez: Could you add mercadolibre to the list? thank you, this works just fine
- (2020-07-19) Avamander /: I really like that it helps getting rid of all the cruft every website adds to their links.
- (2020-03-05) Phuong Tran: Look like it's not work at the moment
- (2019-11-12) IBF YouTube: works well in chrome. though not all the time. cannot get it to work on vivaldi though. requires a refresh to clean url. does not work automatically on clicking from third party source.
- (2019-09-30) Hey do you guys know if this works with urls that have redirects inside the url itself? Many times i get something like "http://....?url=https://" . so we have an http redirect to https... i just grab the https and paste it directly in address bar
- (2019-05-31) iherb discount-code MOP737: I installed this on FIREFOX and CHROME! Thank you so much. Right-click for Preferences! I didn't change any preferences yet.
- (2019-01-26) Jukka Hautakorpi: Does not remove fbclid from facebook links. Even if added to settings and gave permissions.
- (2019-01-24) Andy Zaayenga: Wow! This one really works. I manage several news digests where I aggregate news articles. I've tried many utm strippers and none worked consistently. Neat URL works for me because it allows you to set Blocked Parameters where I can add offending trackers. Very nice. Thank you.
- (2018-12-06) could add customized param, which much better than similar plugin!!!!!
- (2018-11-09) Nyarlathotep: работает. можно настроить.
- (2018-07-27) Marcos Agaiby: Finally a Chrome Extension that can remove those annoying unnecessary URL lengtheners and trackers. I got it mostly to autostrip an amazon product url "ref=...UTF... qid, keywords etc.." Makes texting links much more professional and saves time from doing it manually (which I've been doing for a few months now). So far so good. UTM stripping and customizing URLs is always a plus. Just be aware for it to work it needs to be able to see all urls you go to, which is understandable.
- (2018-05-30) Rong Huang: 终于移植到Chrome了！