Find and remove duplicated bookmarks manually and in batches, get rid of broken bookmark links and empty folders.
This extension allows to find and delete duplicate bookmarks, empty folders, merge folders with the same name (within the same path), find no longer working and expired bookmarks and remove them easily. Permissions explained: 1. Read and change your bookmarks(required on install) - required for core functions to work 2. Read and change all your data on the websites you visit(optional, not asked until you use Broken URLs checker) – to check if bookmarked page loads and doesn't return any error. Support further development: If you find this extension useful, consider supporting me through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/itwillnotbeasy (A donation of any amount is welcome!). If you want to make an one-time donation there is two options: 1. Donate using cryptocurrency (you can find all required information inside extension settings->donate link) 2. You can cancel your membership on Patreon after being succesfully billed (money are debited once a month, visit https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606215-Can-I-make-a-one-time-payment for more details) Warning: there is no way to restore removed bookmarks, so make sure backup your bookmarks before using this extension. If your screen becomes RED, saying that site is deceptive while scanning for broken links you can have 2 options: 1. Remove this site from your bookmarks: (error screen shows which site causes error, just open bookmarks manager and search for this site) 2. Disable this "feature" in chrome (go to Settings -> Advanced -> Under "Privacy and security," turn off "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites"), Changelog (most recent versions first) 0.1 Better privacy: - Only "Read and change your bookmarks" permission is asked on install. - “Access your data for all websites” permission is only requested, when running broken URLs checker, and removed after extension tab is closed. Features asked by users: - Finally, duplicate checker no longer ignores the URL part after "#". - Only HTTP and HTTPS protocols are being checked. - This means no more "Authentication Required" popups for FTP resources when checking for broken links. - It also fixes bookmarks separators in Firefox and Opera(which was using data:// protocol) being incorrectly flagged as duplicates. Bug fixes: - Fixed options page not being displayed when called from the in-browser extension preferences page. 0.0.8 - Got rid of unsafe-eval in content_security_policy. - Also added 64x64px icon for HiDPI displays in manifest.json 0.0.7 Improved Keyboard Accessibility - now you can navigate using keyboard only 0.0.6 Loading indicator is now shown when searching for duplicates The long text will in results is now wrapped to be more readable 0.0.5 Bugfix release 0.0.4 Fixes bug in Broken URLs checker, settings page now can be also opened from chrome extension dashboard Broken URLs page now also has a sticky header, so you will always know what error group you are currently looking at 0.0.3 UI now won't become too wide on large screens. Fixed a bug that caused to show only a few duplicates when more than 1000 duplicates were found. 0.0.2.0 Added option in settings which allows excluding certain folders from being scanned by extension. 0.0.1.1 URLs containing hashbang (#!, used by some SPA websites) now considered as different URLs, this doesn't affect traditional URLs with anchors (example.com/#heading1). 0.0.1 Added page with information on how to donate(gear icon->donate), when looking for broken URLs there is now a button to select/deselect all entries in a group; firefox version released 0.0.0.4 UI is optimized for smaller screens, fixed issue when some empty folders weren't deleted, other small bugfixes 0.0.0.3 Bugfix release 0.0.0.2 View details about network error when checking broken links
- (2023-01-26) Jona K: Cleared over 20,000 Useless bookmarks awesome program!
- (2023-01-19) Diogo Cocharro: Works great for broken links. I didn't explore the other tools.
- (2023-01-16) Michael Ludlum: It found duplicates, but it wasn't clear that it was showing duplicates or all bookmarks that were duplicated. If I removed everything listed, then I would have lost all of those bookmarks instead of just the duplicated ones. Not useful. Also, it separates lists of duplicates by folder, it should separate by bookmark. Going to try a different tool. There should be a "remove all duplicates" button that removes all but one of a bookmark of the same url and name.
- (2023-01-13) B Frank Lawrence (BD): Good, not great. Great is that it saves you a LOT of time if you've been accumulating bookmarks across different machines over decades of browsers crashing unexpectedly and are trying to make sense of them. In my case, I had over 68,000 in my collection. It took about 2 days for this program to go through them! I'd frequently take a peek to see the progress, and new adds appear for the numerous error codes that are apparently generated. I try to play "Hungry, Hungry Hippos/Alligators" for those of you of my vintage, but getting to the drop-down, then over to the trash can with a track ball in time before the list shifts is challenging. Having buttons to "Select All," "Deselect All," and the trashcan all next to each other would make this far easier. Also, in my case, I'd like to just delete all, I don't care what the error message is, most certainly the ones that were flagged 400- Bad Request, 401- Unauthorized, 403- Forbidden, 404- Not Found, 410- Gone (the same as 404?), 502- Bad Gateway, and the numerous codes where there's no information about what it means. I understand where some users might want to find what the current URL of a link is, but there are also those like me that don't care what it is any more. Thus, having a "Delete All" radio box for each error type would be helpful to the latter. Another good feature would be to have the date of the original bookmark, if that's available somewhere. All-in-all, despite its shortcomings, this extension is great for those of us who bookmark more than we can handle...like me!
- (2022-12-30) Rob S.: Didn't work for me. I noticed one particular bookmark had begun duplicating itself in a variety of odd ways, recreating its folder over 2,000 times. And since there's no way to just go in and select all of the offending files easily in file explorer I tried this. When I tried this extension it moved the offending bookmark all over the place, it renamed itself as a variety of my other bookmarks, I had to reload from backup (DEFINITELY SAVE A BACKUP!). The initial problem is obviously on my end, it feels like there is a corrupt file somewhere that I can't identify and repair. I would select and delete all the duplicate files and then click the "find duplicate files" button again and they'd be right back where they were duplicating themselves. I've disabled bookmark syncing, I just don't know what to do. EDIT: 2 Stars to 5 Stars Ok, so I manually deleted everything except empty folders (one by one about a hundred items), restarted my computer a few times periodically to try to clear any corrupt memory cache that might have been persisting in Chrome (I was getting weird choppiness), I was then able to run the extension from a fresh startup and delete all of the empty duplicate folders and it seems to have worked without duplicating anything else.
- (2022-12-30) Pat MySecret: Not a great choice for Dupes, Empties, and Merging, but one of the better ones for Broken Links. For Duplicates, go with the extension "Bookmark Dupes" for speed, format, and efficiency. Afterwards, for Duplicate Folder merging go with "FBS II : Fast Bookmark Scanner". The Broken Link formatting of this extension is the best I have found, but the methodology can bring false results, and speed is questionably slow. You have the chance to check through results, and I advise that you do so. For one, apparently, if your bookmarks include numerous subdomains from a site, the site server sees the rapid requests as generated from a bot and blocks access creating a false broken link in results. After I realized that, I imported my old bookmarks back (since Chrome doesn't offer an intelligent Merge ability) and went through my process of removing duplicates with the other extensions again. As far as I know, this is the best Broken Link finder extension out there. If I find better, and remember to do so, I will tell you an alternate option.
- (2022-12-29) Jim Pennington: The big problem with this extension is the layout of the broken links results. First, it only shows the URL, not the name of your bookmark which makes it very difficult or impossible to know what the link was supposed to go to. Second, the bookmarks are also not shown by where in your bookmarks folder structure the broken bookmark is. If the developer changed the broken links display to show it as the bookmark names and within the folder structure, and just put the type of error next to the ones with a problem, the extension would be useful. I found another extension called "Bookmarks Checker" which has a proper display, however it doesn't have the ability to exclude folders like this extension does.
- (2022-12-25) ThisIs MyName: Despite the silly reviews, this still works as of Dec 25 2022. If you need something more advanced, Chrome bookmarks are saved in JSON and exported in HTML, both of which are easy to edit with a script.
- (2022-12-13) Jack Ntulsa: Be nice if it worked. it does nothing. And crashes constantly. So yeah... Love the idea, maybe someone will come up with one that actually works!
- (2022-12-05) Ralph H: I have 40,000 bookmarks, and 7,000 are duplicates. Unfortunately, while the duplicate bookmark detection seems to work as expected (the numbers match a python duplicate bookmark script I found elsewhere), there seems to be NO way to say "delete all duplicates". So this tool, while it appears to be well written, will not handle my use case.
- (2022-11-29) Jonathan s: Works fine
- (2022-11-25) Alessandro Genova: ottima
- (2022-11-16) BosApollo: Works great and is pretty quick.
- (2022-11-15) André Lademann: It was so nice, I did it twice! Thank you!
- (2022-11-13) Floofy Tanker: I love this tool, huge time saver for clearing up clutter in your bookmarks
- (2022-11-12) Dmitry: Thank you!!!
- (2022-11-09) BECh: Excelente extensión, rápida, manejable y eficiente.
- (2022-11-06) Meghan and Tyler Meszaros: Love this extension. It cut down the job i used to do once a year from 15 hours down to 1. Thanks
- (2022-10-30) J S: This is nice. I've come to realize, in a browser like Opera (or others with a "Speed Dial" like option built-in), it's necessary to "exclude" that folder--which BTW is shown in the exclude options in your plugin (i think). The recursive sorting extensions (e.g. super sort), unfortunately does not offer the exclude. Oh boy. organize, then re-organize! lol.
- (2022-10-28) Victor Hugo Vlog e Audiovisual: Muito útil
- (2022-10-21) Namenloser ELGOOG: Thanks. Exactly what I was searching for. 5⭐
- (2022-10-20) Jim Copeland: a couple of people have talked about the group and deletion filters.. I have a Select in same folder and remove all selected which do nothing and I have over 400 duplicates to x individually.
- (2022-10-18) Thiago Hickmann: Does exactly what it says on the tin, at least for the duplicate bookmark detection (I didn't use the broken links verification feature yet). The guidance on how to backup the bookmarks before running the tool is a nice touch.
- (2022-10-14) Juan José Rubio Iglesias: Funciona genial, sobre todo para buscar enlaces rotos
- (2022-10-14) Dedi Mukhlas: Sangat membantu untuk menyelsaikan masalah duplicate, dan kelolah bookmark dengan jumlah ribuan.
- (2022-10-11) Roe Rogers: Excellent! this saved so much time dealing with duplicate bookmarks. It would be helpful to add a button to remove all duplicates (and only keep one), but still great.
- (2022-10-03) Di: Need a select all option, so I can select all duplicates and uncheck the first one. Or just an option to merge duplicate bookmarks, not just merge duplicate folders.
- (2022-09-29) Lewis Kim: Very convenient. I wish if there were an option to remove all the duplicate bookmarks except originals
- (2022-08-29) Keplaris: It did not work for me, it only tells me which links does not work for various reasons, however, it does not seem to work to automatically remove it on the press of a button.
- (2022-08-27) Erlend Lee: nice!
- (2022-08-16) Яд Отрава: А догадаться к каждой группе добавить чекбокс чтобы выделить элементы всей группы, то есть добавить элемент интерфейса существующий туеву хучу лет - прям так сложно?
- (2022-07-16) My Design: I used this in AVAST and 1159 duplicates is poooof gone LOVE this. Somehow Chrome managed to duplicate all my bookmarks, this tool cleaned up the duplicates in seconds.
- (2022-07-15) Jean Vianney: Excellente
- (2022-07-06) MV - DB: LOVE this APP !!! I had 20 years of duplicate links in DIFFERENT folders and a lot of broken URL. I started to manually try and clean up my bookmarks, and after 30 minutes barely has 1/2 percent done. I searched for a Chrome extension to automate this process and Bookmarks clean up was the answer. As a side note, until I found (below) the process of using Bookmarks clean up still appeared to be very manual in order to DELETE the duplicate links that the the app. found. On the bottom RIGHT there are 2 selection filters that came in handy for "GROUP" selection and group deletion.. Once I applied them and it saved me hours of time.
- (2022-07-04) Victor S.: Finds dupes fine but makes you select each manually. This is fine when you have a dozen or two of dupes but I had to remove thousands of dupes. For me this app was useless.
- (2022-07-02) Peratorn Boonyient: very useful extension Thank you!!! <3
- (2022-06-30) Gan Osborne: EASY! Real easy. It detects, you check mark the duplicates, delete all or one at a time. That's it. No overthinking. Smooth GUI.
- (2022-06-30) Yuchen Liu: This saves my day
- (2022-06-23) Gennadiy Gar: I always sceptics to extensions like this, they usually not work. But this one is work as expected, I am impressed it fix all mess in my bookmarks thousands of dead links from my previous work, and thousands of duplicates, I don't know how Chrome did the tones of duplicates, but I can fix it using this extension.
- (2022-06-17) Robert Ross: Almost perfect, but doesn't give you any information about *where* the bookmark exists in your saved data when scanning for broken links. It simply gives you the status of URL outside any context (folder, label, etc.). This is useful, but far from perfect since I have no idea which bookmark I'm actually deleting.
- (2022-06-03) Scott D. Morris: This extension is a freaking godsend. I've tried other extensions in the past to clean up my bookmarks, and have had mixed results. I used this extension to clean up bookmarks on both Chrome and EDge (it's a little more wok on Edge, but it gets the job done). Outstanding! 10 stars!
- (2022-05-31) 5481: Loved it. Can you please update it and bring an option to add specific bookmarks into a exception list? There are some of my favorites that are duplicated on purpose, so i wanted them to be ignored so a "Ignored Favorites" list would be very cool to have. Thanks again for this nice extension.
- (2022-05-15) gigi gogo: the best bookmarks management.
- (2022-05-13) Murilo Honorio: Very helpful. Works like a charm.
- (2022-05-05) Kalimna Leopop: so many bookmarks that it cant scan and delete them all.
- (2022-04-25) Lefebvre Xavier: Does exactly as advertised, perfect.
- (2022-04-14) Lewis Jones: Perfect for what I wanted to achieve.
- (2022-04-12) Chuck Baggett web (ChuckBaggett Web): Does anyone know if this works in the Chromium based browser Vivaldi?
- (2022-04-10) J. M. Pardo: Excelente herramienta. Absolutamente recomendada.
- (2022-04-03) Romanticsman: Excellent feature to select all duplicates from same folder, which saves lots of time when removing duplicates after importing from another browser. Worked flawlessly after I cleaned up almost 500 duplicates (from 1000 in the list in total). Definitely worth your time to download this!
- (2023-01-27, v:0.1.0) Thomas Motley: "Select in same folder"
It's not clear what this is supposed to do, and clicking on it doesn't do anything that I can see. Could you explain?
- (2022-10-29, v:0.1.0) Benji: Please add "select all duplicates"
I feel that without this option the extension is not really worth it; could be really helpful with this option though! Thanks
- (2022-09-01, v:0.1.0) Michael Data: Crashing
When I'm trying to find duplicate bookmarks your program crashes.
- (2022-06-30, v:0.1.0) Daisy: Would be nice if it can find broken URLs BY FOLDER, thanks!
For those who has a lot of bookmarks, this would come handy. Thanks!
- (2022-06-05, v:0.1.0) Matt Wilson: Select All Duplicates
Is there an option to select all duplicate bookmarks? I have thousands of duplicates which is too many to go through. Perhaps you could add it to a future version?
- (2022-04-14, v:0.1.0) Konrad Sikorski: Whitelist
a nice little QoL change would be to switch from an "exclude folders from search" to an "only scan in selected folders".
- (2022-04-12, v:0.1.0) Chuck Baggett web (ChuckBaggett Web): Does this or is this supposed to work in the Chromium based browser Vivaldi?
Does this or is this supposed to work in the Chromium based browser Vivaldi? I've installed it and run it but it hasn't deleted anything although it seemed to. The duplicates get moved to a folder name "Trash".
- (2022-03-02, v:0.1.0) Sam Colman: OK SO HOW DO YOU START THIS PROGRAM.
I asked this question several weeks ago and no answer.?? if so i didn't not see it. went into chrome extensions and set defaults and looked at the other menu items but nothing happens...????
- (2022-02-11, v:0.1.0) Sam Colman: how do you get the extension started to use ?
Not sure how to use extension, how do i get the program to start to use
- (2022-01-26, v:0.1.0) M Labash: How do I start the extension?
I have looked everywhere and I see no indication that the app has been installed except that it is in the extension list. I have looked at your support info. Can you help me?
- (2022-01-12, v:0.1.0) Liz Laidlaw: Excluded folders
I would contribute but it is not ignoring my excluded searches in broken url search
- (2021-12-04, v:0.1.0) Adam D: Did you really mean 'manually'?
Sorry if this seems picky but it's about the Overview (Description) of your app and it may affect how many people use the app. The Overview says "Find and remove duplicated bookmarks manually...". Should that be Manually or Automatically??? Or do I misunderstand the whole purpose of the app.
- (2021-02-13, v:0.1.0) Debby Coyer: Deleting One at a time???
I would love a "select all" option to delete all in a folder...is there a faster way to do this? I have 1000's od dups
- (2021-01-24, v:0.1.0) EXTENSIONS: Chomqe Web Store PROBLEM
Why does it mark EVERY Chrome Web Store entry as BAD? These are normal, valid pages. Even your own Extension page on the Web Site get marked as bad. Please explain?
- (2021-01-17, v:0.1.0) King Xue: Hope to join Chinese support
Hope to join Chinese support
- (2021-01-08, v:0.1.0) Cheryl Waters: Is there an easier way to remove duplicates instead of clicking each individual one and clicking the trash can for each group?
Is there an easier way to remove duplicates instead of clicking each individual one and clicking the trash can for each group? I have over 1000 duplicates from moving multiple machines and merging bookmarks.
- (2020-11-21, v:0.1.0) Σταύρος Ντέντος: Find Broken URLs - Go to bookmarκ
Thank you for such a simple yet effective extension! I especially love the feature that I can go exactly where the duplicate-bookmark is saved exactly! I was wondering if you'd somehow consider adding that feature to the "Find Broken URLs" tab (e.g. like a rightwise-arrow button on the same column as the trash can button). Thank you again for your time and effort in this extension! :-D
- (2020-11-15, v:0.1.0) Maca Marsme: Look for Broken Links and Misleading Site Advise
When it finishes looking for the broken links (it only happens with this function) I get a "misleading site" notice (I know that it can happen that the alerts are wrong but the situation is still strange, besides that I take great care of my pc because it is my source of work and entertainment) and it mentions a web blog.reevo.org. (not allowing me to return to the application screen)
- (2020-10-18, v:0.1.0) Alan Tonn: Please add a button to select all but one of the duplicate URLs
So I don't have to go through each duplicate group and manage it. All I want is to select all dupes and remove all but 1. Doing each group manually is ridiculous.
- (2020-10-11, v:0.1.0) Sean Kelly: Where do I learn to run batches with Bookmarks clean up?
I have imported several older versions of HTML bookmarks in Chrome and would like to automate merging folders and then deleting duplicate bookmarks. My last experience with batches was using DOS a long time ago. I have time to learn, is there a website that will teach me how to use them to do this, please? Alternately since I don't know very well what I'm talking about, I'm open to other suggestions :-)
- (2020-10-05, v:0.1.0) Munawar Jaffer: deleting from (mainly) duplicated folders
Hi, I've been trying your Bookmarks clean up extension. Thanks. What i'd like to do is delete duplicates for certain folders. e.g. I have these bookmark folders: //Bookmarks bar/Delicious/Delicious IMPORTED TAG HIERARCY 120610 //Bookmarks bar/Imported/Delicious/Delicious IMPORTED TAG HIERARCY 120610 //Other bookmarks/Delicious/Delicious IMPORTED TAG HIERARCY 120610 The latter ones appear to be duplicates of the first, but might have some differences, so i just want to delete the duplicates in the "non master" folders.
- (2020-09-19, v:0.1.0) J R: Clean up multiple bookmark exported files?
I have 32 .html exported files of Explorer, Firefox, Chrome Edge, Opera, Avast, and UCBrowser bookmarks. These contain numerous duplicate bookmarks and some no longer active web sites. Can I use your software to eliminate duplicates (keeping only the most recent version)? Can I use your software to notify me of and eliminate inactive websites? If your software can handles this problem, how do I use it? Thank you
- (2020-09-12, v:0.1.0) Jonathan Steinbrenner: Confused?
What is this?: Clicking: “Find duplicated bookmarks”: Only on first box below: 301 Moved Permanently - Nothing known about this error type
- (2020-08-11, v:0.1.0) Empathy Heals: Sigh, so there is no way to select/delete all duplidates?
I have over 5000... that's reason I got this addon because I thought it provided a fast way to remove them... You know it's possible to remove them one by one in Google's Bookmarks Manager...
- (2020-08-04, v:0.1.0) Nick Sardelianos: Some ideas...
Very promising extension. What I missed from first use was two things in dead link detection: 1) Show where in the bookmarks a dead link resides. Sometimes the folder it belongs may remind us the use of that bookmark even if it reports an error (or warning). I this is in multiple places in the bookmarks, list them all. 2) Sorting of dead links. Both grouped by error or NOT grouped. Why do without grouping? Sometimes we may store same links but different site paths which may give different results, so sorting them will show immediately if this is the case. This could be even smarter to list links WITHOUT error (if in bookmarks) when there are links in same domain with an error. Also I am not sure about the "sensitivity" of duplicates - and would definitely like it configurable... For example whether remote.mydomain.com and mail.mydomain.com are duplicates (could be, but depends). Or if www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com are considered duplicates. Or SSL vs. non-SSL version. Talking about SSL vs non-SSL, a good tool in the extension would be to test all non-SSL links if there is an SSL version (although sometimes it is difficult as it lands in working page with no content - so it needs to be smart) - and replace the non-SSL versions with secure ones. In the same vain, do a reverse-DNS lookup if some bookmark is by IP and offer to replace with domain. (but only as an option as sometimes there is reason for using an IP address). Just throwing ideas. Let me know if I can test things for you.
- (2020-07-09, v:0.0.7) Figurette Holzner: Broken Links
Thanks a lot for this wonderful plugin! In the Broken Links Tester, it would be nice to have the option, instead of deleting the orphaned links, to rewrite them to the domain only. I often store a complete website reminder in the bookmarks via a special link, but the link itself is not important. With this functionality i could search in a first round for 404 or so. Then i would say "Replace founded links with main domain". Then i would do a second round over the main domains and i would find more "real" completely orphaned pages.
- (2020-06-26, v:0.0.7) Luis Morales: no me funciona
tengo windows vista y no me funciona....
- (2020-06-20, v:0.0.7) Mr X: 5790 duplicados
hola , tengo 5790 duplicados , eliminar uno a uno es una pesadilla , hay alguna forma de borrar o seleccionar todos los marcadores duplicados de una sola vez ?
- (2020-06-16, v:0.0.7) Elias C.Gomes: bulk deleting and prefered folder option
could add this functionality that e choose the prefered folder and all the bookmarks repeted outside of It would be deleted, or chose the newest, or oldest, or the ones repeted inside a specific folder. the serch of course had to take in consideratin the subfolders as well
- (2020-06-16, v:0.0.7) Elias C.Gomes: almost crashed my system
your extension took almost 5GB of my memory after run it and slowed the response of the system, had print screen after shutdown the process on task manager https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7szbgctdskatn5/Bookmarks%20clean%20up%20bug.jpg?dl=0
- (2020-06-10, v:0.0.7) Lisa Ladd: Bookmarks
I am on a Macbook Pro - macOS Mojave v10.14.6, and I am looking for "best practices" to using your APP, my google chrome bookmarks are unorganized, scattered and keep duplicating 🤯and the gazillion old 🤪deleted bookmarks (from a previous issue) keep showing up and they're duplicating too. Here are several questions? 1. is there a way to "select all" to delete quickly in a batch? 2. Is there a specific order to the steps or can you use whichever tab you need? 3. what should I do first, merge folders or find duplicates?
- (2020-06-03, v:0.0.7) noname: version for Firefox
hi - is there a version of you great addon for Firefox?
- (2020-05-28, v:0.0.7) keith rutman: first time user
is there a simple instruction manual?
- (2020-04-23, v:0.0.7) James J. Decoulos: All But One
Looking forward to the feature that selects All But One. 2300 duplicates in multiple folders and sub-folders are ridiculous for me to waste time to select individually. Thank you.
- (2020-04-15, v:0.0.7) Alex Stockwell: Way to check against entire bookmark URI or exclude bookmark with certain pattern?
Hi there, tldr: i think the extension may be ignoring the "#" symbol in a URI Great extension for cleaning up chrome sync occasional duplication of bookmarks across devices, however I've encountered an issue which renders part of it quite unusable for my bookmarks and was hoping there was a way to get around the issue. I use The Great Suspender (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-great-suspender/klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg?hl=en) extension and sometimes I will bookmark a suspended tab which results in a bookmark with a URI that has a common prefix and structure for all suspended tabs: chrome-extension://klbibkeccnjlkjkiokjodocebajanakg/suspended.html#ttl=Title&uri=http://www.actualURI.com Ideally the suspended tab would "unsuspend" itself if being bookmarked, but perhaps that is not easy. Unfortunately, when I run the "Find duplicated bookmarks" function it identifies all of these suspended bookmarks as identical and wants to trash all but one (both in global and select in same folder mode). Is there a way to ignore all bookmarks with a certain string, or better yet maybe to allow for a full comparison of the entire URI? I think I can go through the JSON or backup bookmarks file and stripout the extension bit as a solution and then rerun the extension on my bookmarks, but would be great to not have to do this each time. Actually I just tested this a bit to make sure it was the case and I think it is simply ignoring the "#" character. If I have a bookmark with an anchor in it and bookmark without it, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapterhouse:_Dune#Plot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapterhouse:_Dune then the extension identifies these as duplicates, which I wouldn't necessarily consider duplicate in the way that I bookmark things, so maybe if there was a way to control which characters are included and/or ignored? I'll keep the above just for ref and put a tldr up top. kind regards
- (2020-04-07, v:0.0.7) Avery: Removing Duplicates
When removing duplicate bookmarks does it leave one of the duplicates so you still have one bookmark of that name?
- (2020-03-18, v:0.0.7) Aleks Right: Ignore --- http://bookmark.placeholder.url/ neded
In 'Find duplicated bookmarks' function it need to ignore '--- http://bookmark.placeholder.url/', because it's using in Vivaldi browser for separated lines and for now it finds many duplicates.
- (2020-03-17, v:0.0.7) Aleks Right: Select by domain name
There is no select by domain name function for check flag and delete multitude of URLs by domain. It's actual for users with many thousand of URL bookmarks.
- (2020-03-17, v:0.0.7) Aleks Right: DNS/URL Filter
How could I add a special DNS/URL list for ignore check these DNS/URLs? Likewise how to add a specific list of DNS/URLs to check?
- (2020-02-09, v:0.0.7) Σταύρος Ντέντος: "Mark all duplicates" should leave one duplicate unselected
"Mark all duplicates" should leave one duplicate unselected
- (2020-02-03, v:0.0.7) Can Mei: auto remove all clones
Why is there no 'auto remove all clones'-function? That is THE core function of a clean up tool. pls add <3
- (2020-01-24, v:0.0.7) Crim Zind: Select all (but one) instance of each duplicate.
So, if you merge a duplicate folder, you now have a folder with a bunch of duplicate bookmarks you need to manually select one by one. I'm in a situation where Chrome has decided to duplicate some stuff 5+ times. Over thousands of bookmarks. Doing this all one by one is a pain. It would be BEYOND convenient if, instead of selecting ALL the contents of one folder (the current Eye icon) it would select ALL BUT ONE instance of duplicate bookmarks. This way, I can remove all duplicates, while maintaining only 1 instance of a bookmark.
- (2019-12-03, v:0.0.7) Kevin Wells: Injecting malicious links into search results on sites like Bing
I was getting several "Ad" results on searches in Bing that had a valid looking url displayed but the actual URL was to a malicious site. This extension was adding in in.
- (2019-11-25, v:0.0.7) R4d6: Delay for request
What would be the ideal delay between requests to prevent a site like AO3 from blocking it because it think it is a DDOS attack? Currently set it at 0.25 seconds and still consider it like one, but I feel 1 second might be too long for 2650 bookmarks, and probably still being blocked.
- (2019-11-15, v:0.0.7) Jennifer Jane: Print Page?
How can I save to PDF the "Bookmarks clean up" page (10K duplicates)? Thank you,
- (2019-11-10, v:0.0.7) Tyler Durden: add options or dropdown to auto select all links
Going through all the links is a pain to select each one can you add option or dropdown etc to -select all but first -select all but last -invert select -refresh and deselect all
- (2019-10-23, v:0.0.7) Pavel Vlasov: Clean full duplicates automatically
Please provide a way to automatically clean full duplicates. I just have clicked 400 times although those duplicate pairs (introduced by buggy Chrome sync) were 100% the same: title, url, folder. Thanks.
- (2019-10-11, v:0.0.7) Mark Wallace: process interrupted by chrome's red page deceptive link error
there needs to be a way to resume, or to flag "don't try this site again"
- (2019-09-25, v:0.0.7) vicentory: 希望新增功能
希望可以增加一个检测收藏网站是否有https网站的功能，多谢。I hope this Plugin can add a function to detect whether the collection website has https website, thanks.
- (2019-09-22, v:0.0.7) Dennis Devine: Remove multiple duplicates
Is there a way to tag many bookmarks to delete? I have thousands of bookmarks and they keep returning. Where can I make a donation