View definitions easily as you browse the web. Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble.
Dictionary Anywhere extension helps you stay focused on what you are reading by eliminating the need to search for meaning, Double-clicking any word will view its definition in a small pop-up bubble. Now you never have to leave what you are reading to search meaning for the words you don't know. It also supports Spanish, German, French language alongside English. To change the language: - Navigate to Add-ons page, - Choose Extensions in sidebar, - Choose Dictionary Anywhere, - Click on options (preferences on mac), - Select the language you want, and save. You can now download the words and meanings you searched for, so that you can practice them later, this will help increase your vocabulary. Enjoy Reading Uninterrupted!!!
- (2022-10-01) Rexford Finegan: Does not work. "Family", "Father", "Vigil" are a few example words that it says no definition found.
- (2022-04-14) Shantanu Gautam: Recommended for every avid web reader!
- (2021-04-12) Daithí Salach: Love this - simple, unobtrusive, effective.
- (2020-10-12) Lite Pogo: Double click word and instant definition! Highly recommend! Absolutely brilliant extension!
- (2020-08-12) Veeresh Devireddy: Perfectly working fine.
- (2019-09-05) P L: Works perfectly..I would like to suggest a feature..It would be much helpful if there is an "add to list" feature so that we can look at that list later and refresh our memory..Majority of English Learners will like it. Just suggesting:-)
- (2019-07-22) Rick Stevens: Simple dictionary popup extension that works. It's also open source on GitHub which is good to know :)