Eases your YouTube™ experience through stopping the autoplay. This version doesn't automatically start Videos.
If you have ever opened a bunch of videos in the background, you will know how annoying it is when they all start playing automatically. With this extension you will never have to worry about videos auto playing in the background. Plus, they will auto buffer, so no annoying load-spinner. *Note*: This does not work with playlists, as YouTube™ itself offers an option to disable auto playing the next video for those! Difference to "Stop Autoplay for Youtube™ Extended": This extension here does not play videos automatically. However, it doesn't stop auto play when you have the tab in foreground (so it doesn't annoy when watching a few videos in a row). Changes: 126.96.36.199: Fixes not stopping on Channel pages and prevents stopping the video when the internet connection is slow 4.0.6: Fixes stopping when seeking / clicking play for the first time 4.0.5: This version fixes the "Video automatically plays when switching to the tab". I am sorry that this didn't work correctly. 4.0.4: Right click on YT Video -> Loop is now supported. 4.0.3: Fixes an issue, where videos would automatically stop playing on tab focus; Fixes: Prevents stopping fast-forward (Thanks for the bug report!) 4.0: Updated with fixes, higher performance and to counter an experiment by Youtube™ which automatically plays the video. Official Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/stop-autoplay-youtube/ This Extension is Open-Source on GitHub: https://github.com/kurtextrem/StopAutoplay
- (2021-06-02) Miguel Rodriguez: Solo detiene el video al inicio, no es lo que buscaba en firefox no funciona tampoco para los desarrolladores: buscamos que el video no se inicie automaticamente y que se muestre la imagen en miniatura que seleccionamos en los videos.. porque? : porque los creadores de contenido necesitamos checkear que todo funcione bien y que incluso la miniatura cause impacto en los lectores/visores/suscriptores de nuestro canal
- (2021-02-28) P Z: does not work 2-28-21
- (2021-01-16) Anno Niem: Seems upoop (u no what i nean) now has even removed the button to disable autoplay. So now it's necessary to use this extension. I hope it keeps working.
- (2020-12-28) Papa Kanoc: nem működött 0*
- (2020-11-13) Jem Crystal: Works. I need to stop my vid at exact spot for my tutorial studies. I bookmark and return the next day. Don't want vid to shoot off bla bla bla before I've had my coffee. Need time turn speed down. Use this extension along with Enhancer for YouTube™ since that one's pause youtube stopped working.
- (2020-10-13) Pawel Bzm: Yey it works :D
- (2020-09-08) camalotecosmico: buscaba esto asi simple y efectivo... AL ABRIR UN VIDEO DE YOUTUBE .. SE PAUSA AL INICIO EN ALGUNAS OCASIONES PASA QUE SE PAUSA A LOS 2 O 3 SEGUNDOS PERO EN LA MAYORIA EL VIDEO SE PAUSA SIN HABER COOMENZADO... 100% RECOMENDABLE...
- (2020-08-11) max mustermann: Works for me, thank you for your time and work!
- (2020-07-31) Aleksandr Loginov: it works
- (2020-07-03) 67: does not stop autoplay
- (2020-07-02) Mexie Mex: I only wanted it for Watch Later where it doesn't work at all. Totally useless!
- (2020-04-03) Come On Fhqwhgads: Still works OCCASIONALLY. Had to uninstall it & reinstall it to get it working again at all after Youtube's latest meddling. (Note that it's won't work if you're testing it on a refreshed video that has already loaded past 0:00, or if you open Chrome & it opens to a youtube video).
- (2020-04-03) Kaleb Kenway: Does not work.
- (2020-03-21) Ярослав Алексеев: Works properly.
- (2020-03-05) Hosa: simply not working
- (2019-12-05) tomy: it wont work
- (2019-11-04) Слеза алкоголика: не работает
- (2019-11-01) Павел Кожевников: Не работает
- (2019-10-11) S: Absolute garbage, not worth even 1 second f my time. Do not recomended, do not work.
- (2019-09-07) Desprezo Lorde: Worked perfectly.
- (2019-06-01) XY 20gy: Not workng for me, sorry.
- (2019-05-30) Елена Таранко: Становится и работает на ура. В интернет-магазин chrome есть ещё одно подобное расширение Auto Pause|Stop For Youtube, вот оно-то как раз глючило.
- (2019-04-17) qq qq: Работает автоматическая постановка видео на паузу. +++++ У меня слабый комп и это спасает от перегрева процессора. Я копирую ссылку и смотрю через Pot Player/
- (2019-02-28) april zestyx: 제대로 작동이 안됩니다. 계속 자동 시작되요.
- (2019-02-02) Azarilh: It works 80% of the times, pausing the video immediately at 0:00, but sometimes it doesn't.
- (2018-11-11) юрий лебедев: видео блокирует, как и всю страницу- другое видео не выбрать, все белое...
- (2018-10-11) Volker S.: Works as expected, even with other extensions that tweak YouTube. Good job!
- (2018-10-07) Ahmed El Sayed Nasr: ممتاز ويعمل بكفاءة على وقف الفيديو وعدم تشغيله لحين السماح له وهذا لكى يعطى فرصة للجهاز بعمل بافر او تخزين الفيديو فى الذاكرة الجهاز لتشغيله بسلاسة فيما بعد وخاصتا الفيديوهات الهاى ديفنيشن الجودة العالية والفائقة ايضا
- (2018-09-29) Jan D: It seems to work now...:-)
- (2018-09-09) Matias Paradela: No funciona para cuando se abre un video en una pestaña nueva
- (2018-08-27) Денис Комаров: Doesn't work! Не работает. Chrome 68.
- (2018-08-25) Jessica Eckstein: I've had this extension for a week so far & it has been working mostly as described. I haven't had any videos automatically play when opened in a new tab in the background or when a tab is focused into the foreground. It does have a side effect that stops everything else on the video page from loading, both above & below the video. This includes the top bar, notifications, video description, comments, related videos on the side or end of the video, ETC. While this is ok for me in most cases, I sometimes wish I could see these things. If possible, I'd like to be able to disable or temporarily switch off the extension right from the toolbar, so I can see the rest of the page. Extension acts differently when videos are simply clicked on & opened in the current tab. Sometimes the video automatically starts. Sometimes the rest of the page loads. [description, related, ETC.] Sometimes with both current & new tabs, the video errors & the page needs refreshed. Sometimes I can't scroll down or up videos pages, like subscriptions or a channel's uploads tab, as if it only loaded what is visible on screen & nothing else. I almost always open videos in new tabs, so I haven't experienced & tested the "open in current tab" situation enough & other mentioned bugs. But I'm still using it despite the bugs.
- (2018-08-24) John: Sure, it stops Youtube videos from starting in a tab you opened in the background. But as soon as you click the that tab, the video will start playing. Not what I wanted, as I was looking for an autoplay stopper for Youtube, not an Stop Background Play for Youtube or whatever you'd call this. Whit this addon, you would still have to manually stop every video if you have 10 videos open and you are trying to find out which one it was you wanted to watch first, so don't download if you are looking for an app that stops autoplaying.
- (2018-08-24) Philip Rhoades P: Didn't work on Fedora x86_64 with Chrome Version 69.0.3497.42 (Official Build) beta (64-bit).
- (2018-08-12) Дмитрий Нечаев: Не работает. Перезапуск браузера не влияет.
- (2018-08-12) Ivan Kucherenko: It works. Not ideally, but I like it.
- (2018-06-01) Guy Capra: Juste indispensable dès qu'on utilise les onglets... Mais un petit souci avec les versions récentes : il faut relancer plusieurs fois la lecture des vidéos sur YouTube avant qu'elles acceptent enfin de se jouer.
- (2018-04-24) Andrey Kleshchev: Doesn't work, neither for individual videos nor for home pages.
- (2018-04-15) Витёк: так же не работает и после перезапуска.
- (2018-04-15) Steffen W.: Works as it should. Doesn't want to read my browser history (seriously why is this even an option for chrome extensions?).
- (2018-04-10) big321danger: YEEEEESSS!!!!!! It works. Must reload Youtube page before the extension works. But it does work. I have always had trouble with "Watch Later" videos automatically starting the next video. Why would a person want that???? Anyway, thankful this extension works.
- (2021-04-22, v:4.1.0) Kayla Donn Richardson: stopped working
Just in the last couple weeks, the extension stopped working much of the time...maybe 70% of the time?
- (2019-10-10, v:4.1.0) Bodo Eggert: Please add support for playlists
As I don't allow YT to track me, windows containing a video from a playlist will bypass being stopped AND I don't have a way to stop them before the window is opened. (Also I can't find the don't-autoplay-button on playlists, the usual switch (at the top right) will show only for single videos with suggested next videos.)
- (2019-05-18, v:4.1.0) Phil R: Does
not work at all
- (2019-03-26, v:4.1.0) Paleo Man: Autoplay
I want NO autoplay but when any key is hit the video starts playing. Or when I switch to a tab I have open the damm video starts playing. The whole idea is to STOP any video paying until I hit play. Once upon a ti me this was possible, why cant I set it up like this anymore????
- (2019-01-17, v:4.1.0) Jaroslaw Istok: Don't block autostart by Playlists and autoplay
I often only hear Youtube videos (other tabs are open) and would like to autoskip to next by playlists and when autoplay is on (right corner) without having to swich plugin off . Somehow it doesn't function.
- (2018-10-27, v:4.1.0) Denver Root: Disable Autoplay *Always*
I don't want videos to autoplay, even in the active tab. Your description seems to imply this is not possible with your extension; do you have a setting I can change so that it prevents autoplaying without discrimination, instead of paying attention to whether the tab is active or not?
- (2018-02-02, v:4.1.0) Jaroslaw Istok: Playlist
Please make that in playlists there will be continued like other plugin does "YouTube™ No Buffer (Stop Auto-playing)" It's more logical. But in difference to this other plugin YouTube™ No Buffer (Stop Auto-playing) yours remember the place to continue by changing from embed directly to YT.
- (2017-10-29, v:188.8.131.52) Daniel G: Stop next videos too!
It's good to be able to stop videos but the next ones in line shouldn't load automatically either.
- (2017-08-22, v:184.108.40.206) S410: Pauses videos
Pauses video if it's loading too slow.
- (2017-07-14, v:4.0.6) Patrick McLean: channel home page
Does not stop autoplay on the home page of a channel, works find for video pages
- (2017-06-14, v:4.0.6) C Jones: Alters Channel Layout
The extension disappears the home/video/playlists/etc. tabs on a channel's main page.