Stops autoplay on YouTube™. Extended: Starts the video when you focus the tab. Don't like? Use the version without 'Extended'.
--- THIS IS THE EXTENDED VERSION: IT PLAYS THE VIDEO WHEN YOU SWITCH TO THE TAB --- If you don't want this, search for the version without "Extended" or use this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stop-autoplay-for-youtube/figkapeodjhdgnpiamleongcmecfjccb Version History --------------- 4.1.0: Modernized the code, more bullet-proof stopping. Merry Christmas! 188.8.131.52: Performance work; Also updated options page to give more information and a way to contact me when having issues. 4.0.5: This release stops pausing on playlist pages. 4.0.4: Right click on YT Video -> Loop is supported now. Version 4.0: A YouTube™ experiment plays the video after being stopped. This updates addresses that. Also, it has a better performance now. Description ----------- If you've ever opened a bunch of videos in the background, you'll know how annoying it is when they all start playing automatically. With this extension, videos only start playing when you actually switch to tab which has the video in it. You'll never have to worry about videos autoplaying in the background. Plus, they will auto buffer, so no annoying load-spinner. Do you encounter any problems? Feel free to contact me on the GitHub project page: https://github.com/kurtextrem/StopAutoplay/issues. FAQ --- Why does it auto play the video after I switch to the tab? See below: What means "Extended"? Stopped a video because you need to do something else? Switch back to the tab, it will start playing again. If you don't want the extended feature, try out the standard version: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stop-autoplay-for-youtube/figkapeodjhdgnpiamleongcmecfjccb (Search for "Stop Autoplay for Youtube" (without the "Extended")
- (2019-11-18) DArmag: Где бы взять рабочий. И почему эту профанацию ещё не удалили из магазина?
- (2019-06-01) XY 20gy: No working for me, sorry.
- (2019-01-05) Samuel Coxson: Anyone leaving a negative review doesn't seem to understand the point of this extension or how it works ignore them it does exactly what it says.
- (2018-12-22) Сосед Ваш: 22/12/ 2018 не работает
- (2018-08-26) Игорь Сефиханов: наедалово
- (2018-06-28) Рустам Ахметьянов: не работает
- (2018-05-16) Scott Gartner: I liked this extension, but my big annoyance is that it restarts videos that I've already watched (when I return to that page, like after reading comments). If it could tell that I've already watched it and not start it, then I would love that it starts the unwatched (or partially watched) videos. Switching to the "other" extension.
- (2018-03-26) John Smith: It does not work.
- (2018-02-28) Grzesiek _: Doesn`t work
- (2018-01-23) My Phone: не ставте зря не пашет
- (2018-01-10) Kieran Colfer: "Automatically start the video when switching to the tab: [Yes/No] To keep the extension fast, there is no way to change this behaviour through options." So, an extension called "stop autoplay for youtube" explicitly says that it has no way to stop autoplay for youtube. So, what's the point of it really?
- (2017-12-27) Aka Sektor: Очередной нерабочий плагин
- (2017-09-08) Gersivan Oliveira: Não funcionou.
- (2017-07-25) Broken Peanut Media: It didn't work for me in my chrome browser
- (2017-06-20) 乱嚟: not work
- (2017-02-23) CJZ: Does not work. Google "nextvid stopper for youtube", that one works for playlists/liked videos.
- (2017-02-01) Коренной Киевлянин МУХАмед: Smart Pause for YouTube Вот что надо!!! А не эта хрень которая не работает.
- (2016-10-28) martin flaxman: didn't work - what was wrong with the original? that worked beautifully...
- (2016-07-20) Steven Lithgow: It's pretty confusing what exactly this is supposed to do. It didn't stop YT videos from playing for me in anyway I could observe so, given the add-on's name, this is a failure. I tried the other version before (without "extended") and it stopped videos from auto-playing but it also interfered with playback in other ways that I didn't like. Out of curiosity, does anyone know WTF is wrong with Youtube that they don't just have this obvious-as-it-can-possibly-get function already as part of their service?
- (2016-07-12) ImaginationToForm: Doesn't stop videos. Not sure why some say it does.
- (2016-07-06) NoNegotiations: It's not what it says it is.
- (2016-06-30) Sophia Alexander: just like most are saying here, it does absolutely nothing
- (2016-05-31) Marko Konecny: Does not work.
- (2016-05-25) Yvonne: it works just like it said it would. all i need 5/5
- (2016-05-14) Tia Kore: Love it. It's stopping videos from automatically playing on you tube.
- (2018-08-13, v:4.1.1) ASM: Not work
At the beginning, the extension worked perfectly and no have problem, but now the extension not working, the icon is in gray when the video playing.
- (2017-07-22, v:4.0.6) behrooz hamedani: does not work
does not work for me
- (2016-12-19, v:4.0.3) Doesn't stop autoplay for Youtube
This doesn't now. The previous version did.
- (2016-05-25, v:4.0) KLOP Conan: does not work for me
does not work for me. I used Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m
- (2016-03-15, v:3.0.1) Vaše jméno: pauses
hi, im looking for a solution that will insert 5 minute pauses between playlist/autoplay videos
- (2015-10-05, v:3.0) Jamie Wayne: does not work for me
does not work for me
- (2015-09-12, v:3.0) Alex TD: Stop channel page too?
Every so often I open a channel page and it autoplays a video, which this extension doesn't catch. e.g. https://www.youtube.com/user/trump
- (2015-08-04, v:2.0) Uglich: New Youtube 04-August-2015
The extension does not work with the new Youtube. Now when I open a video in a new tab, it starts playing. Does not stops. Are there intentions to update the extension? I really like the extended capabilities. Good work. Thanks.
- (2015-07-25, v:1.8.1) Olivier Nadeau: Autoplay still ON
This extenstion was working untill the 24th of July. Now, as of, July 25th, the extension form Chrome is not working anymore. Can someone help ?
- (2015-07-14, v:1.8.1) Артем Бутаков: I vave an idea
Can you make stop video when I move to other tab from this tab?