Jumpstart Your Web Accessibility Efforts Directly in Google Chrome
- (2019-11-17) Jacques L. Richard: Love this tool, the interface is clean and easy to understand. It points to the issue, shows where in your code where it is, states what it is and also offers links to the guideline to help resolve it. But it really needs to be updated for WCAG 2.1 and have some contrast validator. So I still need to use multiple tools.
- (2019-07-24) Michelle Lamond: I love how easy this tool is compared to others. It's interface integrates nicely with the website you're reviewing and is easy to navigate. I like the way they break down the issues so they align with the WCAG guidelines (and they reference and link to them.) And they point to where on the page the issues occur. This is a very well thought-out and designed tool.
- (2019-04-30) Jay Fortner: It's better than most options but it gives off way too many false positives. I feel like this tool is a waste of time.
- (2019-02-07) Paige Johnson: This is definitely the best FREE browser-based accessibility tool out there! I'm amazed that it can catch more errors than other tools. I love that it represents the issues in a clear and concise way too! This has been very helpful as a free tool and also to compliment the paid subscription we have with Siteimprove. I love that the issues this extension finds directly correlates to the ones that show up in my Siteimprove Accessibility Dashboard
- (2018-10-16) Craig Kean: Only used this tool for a couple of days for cross-checking standards. Impressed so far, very clean UI and clear direction
- (2018-09-25) Fredrik Dahlgren: Ett smidigt sätt att få koll på din site direkt i Chrome. Testa du kommer inte att bli missnöjd.
- (2018-07-21) Alisson Suzigan: The best accessibility checker extension I have tried. It's easy to use, has a good interface and works very well.
- (2018-07-06) Don Mulder: Love the easy to use interface - much better than WAVE which is incredibly clunky compared to this. But it needs to be updated for 508/EN and WCAG 2.1 standards. It currently catches only WCAG 2.0 standards. Also needs some way of checking contrast.
- (2018-07-06) Roberto Scano: Un ottimo supporto per testare "on fly" le pagine rispetto alle specifiche WCAG. Utile ad identificare errori in modo "visivo".
- (2018-05-10) Adam Johnson: Without a doubt the best browser-based accessibility tool out there. It catches more errors than other tools and provides clear, concise reporting. You can use it on any page you can load in your browser. It's also immensely helpful if you are subscribed to their paid service as you can remediate issues quickly using the extension and they will translate to your Accessibility Dashboard on the next crawl. Furthermore, the fact that it's available to anyone who wants it is wonderful. We get vendors to download this tool and they can use it to bring their products into compliance. The only thing I might suggest adding would be a built in color contrast checker (as in, we could manually test color A with color B as a background) and a clear path for feature requests and/or bug reports. This could be an email directly to the team who works on this extension, a Github repo, or a link to Siteimprove's support/ticket system. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this tool. A+.
- (2018-03-09) Joseph Sebast: This is by far the easiest tool for checking a pages accessibility compliance. I've tried out several of the other options available as chrome plugins, and this one is the clearest as far as what exactly is wrong, links to your code to show you where exactly your changes need to be made, and ALSO links to the documentation on w3.org for reference. This is an excellent tool, use it, love it, make your sites better.
- (2017-10-26) Anders Skifte: Veldig bra verktøy for å vurdere en nettside opp mot WCAG. Verktøyet gir en fin oversikt over ulike problemer og forbedringsområder, og knytter de samtidig opp hvilke WCAG-kriterier de gjelder. Man kan filtrere funn på roller (utvikler, redaktør etc), og man får gode beskrivelser rundt hva som er feil og hvordan det kan fikses.
- (2017-09-14) Eric Scoles: While it's true most institutional reviewers (e.g. at the OCR) seem to use WAVE, I've found that the SiteImprove checker seems to be much easier for lay-users to understand. What it lacks in interactive tools (no color-contrast widget), it more than makes up for in integration with WCAG standards and techniques. Since it uses WCAG terminology, it's easier to interpret the results. It's also valuable even if you happen to use the SiteImprove service, since it can scan dynamic pages, AJAX-driven pages that offline checkers might not be able to.
- (2017-07-11) Thomas Schäfer: Easy to handle. Clear and informative. Seems to be the best client-side tool in this category. The only thing I am missing is an evaluation of its test coverage in comparison to other tools. But, thumbs up!
- (2017-07-10) Niklas Spichalsky: Works great!
- (2017-06-16) Simon Arnold: Best accessibility tool I've found so far.
- (2017-05-15) Cody Kesler: Works great and makes checking accessibility very easy and streamlined! Thanks!
- (2017-04-14) Pas mal, de bons conseils pour améliorer chaque page scannée.
- (2017-02-22) Daniel Slaughter: Excellent plugin for checking accessibility!