Pinyin ME: Translate Chinese to Pinyin
You can now translate Chinese and Chinese Traditional characters to their Pinyin equivalent. The extension automatically detects Chinese characters and translates them to Pinyin every time you visit a webpage. It can also detect any content loaded through AJAX and will still update all the existing or new translations. You can use this on any webpage, and it even works on Facebook, Google + and Youtube!
- (2018-02-05) Xiao Hei. we are all equal: Very handy extension for Chinese learners 。Thanks！
- (2017-09-19) not working
- (2015-04-29) Richard Littlewood: Very useful, but the page I was looking at didn't have spaces between the pinyin so it is hard to read. Still very pleased to have it at all. Thanks
- (2013-06-12) Nando: It works... but it doesn't translate a lot... However, it has plenty of room for improvement.
- (2013-03-21) Simon Gallouët: love u!! always been waiting for that extension!! :))))
- (2013-02-11) Vestnik Prosmotorshik: It's great, though needs some improvement.
- (2012-12-29) The Saracen: it destroy webpage formatting and colors sometimes, but good tool none the less.
- (2018-08-25, v:1.2) Tsung Tsai: How to use it?
There is no instruction to tell you how to use it. I added it to my Chrome, but couldn't make it work. Can anyone help me to figure it out?
- (2016-05-18, v:1.2) Ngọc Trần: Not work in Youtube
- (2015-11-22, v:1.2) Ale Jandro: Some caracters are not visible
Some Chinese Characters are not visible. I would like to participate in the project. There is another problem: the words are separated. I know this is harder to achieve, but some words should be put together to make sense. Last: the fonts are hardly readable.
- (2013-02-11, v:1.1) Vestnik Prosmotorshik: Idea is great! add: font, dic
Hi David! Thank you for such a useful app. I'd only like to suggest this: 1. add possibility to choose font and other attributes for pinyin text (now text is hardly readable on my machine - i may have different set of fonts) 2. add possibility to edit/add items in the dictionary (now some characters are not recognized). Otherwise it's a great peace of software and I really appreciate your work! From Moscow, Sergey Svistunov.