FanFic Filter provides a way to more efficiently filter stories on FanFiction.Net.
FanFic Filter is for those who don't want to trudge through the archives when they only have a specific preference of what they want to see. Filters can be created based on amount Chapters, Words, Reviews, Favorites and Follows. The user is free to create their own filters, whether it be the amount of words per chapter or review-to-chapter ratio. Filters can also be created for the story summary, allowing the user to enter tags which they want to be filtered out. If the user wants all the stories with 'slash' in their summaries filtered out, they just need to create a summary filter tag for 'slash'. Or, if the user so desires to only see stories with 'slash', they can use positive tag filters. Character filters have been added, so the user can filter based on the characters and can choose more than the four character limit provided by the website's default filters. Endless scrolling has also been added, so now pages will automatically load and filter, without having to manually go through pages with sometimes only one or two results. Feedback and suggestions are welcome to make this extension more useful and versatile. *: Extension only shown when visiting FanFiction.Net. **: Will need to refresh already open fanfiction.net tabs after installing/enabling the extension for the filter to work. ***: Users can now change settings; decide whether to show images or not, and change what type the default tag filter will be.
- (2021-01-10) kabal mothra: Good at first, but even after writing Naruto in the negative filters, there's still stories that has it in the summary or title or both appearing in my story selection
- (2018-03-24) Lisa Armstrong: doesnt workespecially in the fanfic.org search
- (2017-05-28) Bryan Wong: I like the increased character filter function; however, it would be supremely helpful if there was also a deselect all button for it, especially for filtering fandoms with over 100 characters in them, like in Naruto or Harry Potter. It would also be great if there was a function to filter crossovers. Also a filter for pairings that aren't listed in the summary but in the story character listing, i.e. if this story had [character A, character B] listed, filter it. Because I don't mind some characters being in the story but I do mind them being paired.
- (2017-05-02) Readen: Thank you for this amazing extension. It seriously saves me a whole lot of time of having to sift through garbage slash fan fiction and the like.
- (2016-05-07) Catwrite: I'm so so so happy that this exists.
- (2016-03-16) Mareo: Your app is filtering stories and i havent even put in any filter tags.
- (2015-11-02) Алексей Кулаков: This extension works well usually, bit sometimes it totally messes with page layout, and several times it didn't filter stories' list by ALL tags (some tags were applied, but not all of them). Oh, and I have troubles with story images - am I only one with this problem? Other than that, it is probably best fanfiction filter at this time. Upd: Several pages on ff dot net were absolutely butchered. Disabled extension for now.
- (2015-06-12) Saul Wiscovich: usefull for when I want to eliminate all stories with certain relationships and the normal filter is so much crap it wont do.
- (2015-05-02) Julian Wulf: Pretty well done, only a few problems with it, however it doesn't really do what I was looking for, but nice and useful none the less.
- (2015-03-16) David Bedard: makes finding stories vastly less time consuming
- (2014-05-03) magpie: Useful, just hope there will be more varieties of restriction options in the future, and, well, I hope there will be more efficient way to block all those slash fics.
- (2014-03-08) Scott Weekes: Works great, but I'd love to see a endless scroll to make it easier to find fics with lots of restrictions. Thanks for making this! Edit-Awesome job with the endless scrolling. This is a huge upgrade over the standard filters.
- (2014-02-09) Gabriella Last: It doesn't work for me. I put a filter in (same way as the picture), but it didn't actually filter anything or, at least, I can't figure out how to get it to filter anything. The tag feature isn't working.
- (2014-02-08) Dustin Cramer: Does what it says it does. The interface is a bit complicated, and the extension could definitely use an auto pager or something, since with strict filters you can end up with no stories per page. Other than that it's quite nice to have!
- (2019-07-16, v:0.0.1.8) Lucas Yew: Error on Dungeons and Dragons section
As the title, the add-on ceases to function at all on the D&D fanfic pages. I have no idea whether it depends on the series name, number of fanfics per category, or whatever else, but it won't work on D&D fanfics (solo nor crossover), among some other obscure ones.
- (2018-08-08, v:0.0.1.8) Hide Storys
Hi, A few suggestions: It would be nice if you could manually hide story's you've tried and don't like. An option to disable the infinite page scrolling. Set up general filters that apply to the whole website and individual ones that only apply to a certain fandom. Thanks
- (2017-08-26, v:0.0.1.8) Matthew Moles: Firefox support
Hi, I maintain the firefox Fanfiction-tools extension which does varying thing but the filtering is not as good as this. I notice that you did have a version of this extension for older versions of firefox but not present version. Ideally I would like to make this and FF-tools work together on the latest firefox. However alternatively I could merge your code into FF-tools for firefox. I notice that the version currently on Firefox is under the Mozilla Public License V2 which believe would allow me to merge it anyway but do think it would be best to discuss things with you first. A good place to discuss this further could be on the github issue https://github.com/lesma/FanFiction-Tools/issues/8
- (2015-10-26, v:0.0.1.8) Mr. Beeblebrox: smarter negative summary filters.
Say you decide to use a filter of -slash if the phrase "no slash" is in the summary, it should still show it.
- (2014-07-04, v:0.0.1.8) Daniel Bearrow: Error on EVERYTHING but Naruto
This error persists even though I uninstalled and re installed the app. The add keeps getting in the way and pushed everything to the bottom and where I can't see the fics.
- (2014-04-26, v:0.0.1.6) magpie: Error loading crossover section
For crossover section, it does not load up other than page 1, and I cannot use regular fanfic filter. It says "loaded page 1 of null" on the bar. Please fix this problem thank you.