Prepd Chrome extension for catching articles
Save any web article with a single click! Prepd’s Fast Catch chrome extension will automatically save articles to your Library. From Fast Catch, you can then save articles to folders in Extemp or bills in Congress.
- (2020-11-12) Matt Sparks: Its overly clunky, it will refuse to work sometimes, it somehow lost the ability to remember my password the interface is poorly optimized, the rest of prepd is great, but the fast catch extension is not worth it\ the worst thing is that it doesn't even work on some news sources, for example, the epoch times, the extension will start working, then error out with no way to get help, their website is no help either. its frustrating
- (2018-08-17) Jay Stubbs: Fast Catch makes capturing and filing articles so easy. Articles can be easily filed in multiple extemp folders making the article more useful during extemp rounds. Fast Catch also makes Congress preparation easy by providing an easy to use capture and filing system specific to the docket you are working with.
- (2018-06-08) Noah Chung: This application is extremely helpful, and aside from that, as you can probably see in the replies below, Prepd has an extremely fast and helpful customer service. It is a great application to quickly store and retrieve articles for any form of debate, although Extemp is the best event to use this application for. Prepd has soo many functions, and a team could literally create their team around this app, because it has so many useful functions. Definitely worth the cost if you get a full account. I had a competition with some other people to see who could cut the most articles, and I ended up with 2001 articles after a couple of months. It was no problem to cut upwards of 600 articles in one day. To get the most out of it, coaches should use the classroom function extensively.
- (2018-01-22) Josh Mikah: It downloaded and appears on the extension bar, but when I click on it to catch an article, nothing happens :(
- (2017-12-17) David Hu: Good - If you want to manually file, it has a relatively smooth interface. Bad - You can't continue to make folders within a folder. Once you do it a single time, you cannot make more folders in that folder. Autofiler's search function is an absolute joke. If you search something by relevance, it'll bring up almost every article it can find and sort it by DATE. Almost all of these articles, have nothing to do with what you searched. Therefore, you have to spend way too much time to find remotely relevant files, wasting valuable prep time. Go with extemp genie.
- (2017-12-09) Rifat Islam: It works, but it constantly signs out of my prepd account which is annoying because i could care less about any security threat.
- (2017-08-20) Jason Shan: ITS SO BAD
- (2017-08-15) Vishal Sundaram: Since I began competing in Extemp during my junior year of high school, Prepd has provided me with resources that have facilitated my success. In round, Prepd boasts a clean interface of searchable, customizable folders that allows users to achieve both organization and efficiency. Round mode, which lets users "add" selected articles to a particular speech, allows one to easily reference desired source material in a given round without having to use precious prep time to frantically relocate articles. Prepd's Fast Catch filing service provides a simple one-click method of saving online articles so that students can spend less time on the actual filing and more time reading. Unlike most standard file storage and sharing services, Prepd also functions as an out-of-round educational tool. With the ability to share highlights, simulate practice rounds, and create flashcards, Prepd ensures that students are constantly learning. In addition, coaches and captains can use the Dashboard's various analytics to monitor the filing activity of team members. On the whole, Prepd has allowed me and my teammates to become better extempers and I most definitely recommend it to anyone hoping to do the same.
- (2017-02-09) Peter Ford: this is really lit if you say it doesnt work you dont know how to use chrome.
- (2017-01-31) Patricia Jordan: doesn't work.
- (2017-01-11) Cathryn Marvin: Didn't work. :(
- (2016-12-14) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Prepd Fast Catch". Please contact me at: [email protected]