Send & Receive text messages from Chrome using your Android phone
Allows you to receive and send messages, and sync notifications from your Android, directly from chrome! Install Android app from: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mariussoft.endlessjabber Login to web: https://www.yappy.im/web/
- (2019-11-25) Johan Hereora Hummerhielm: Useless for Android - since the app Yappy has been removed from the Google Play store! Maybe you shouldn't write in your header on your website that it's specifically for Android; since you do not even have the app in the Google Play store. Jeez.
- (2018-10-05) Charles Gray: Keeps crashing. Have to keep restarting over and over until it finally opens. That's in addition to the fact that the messages sent and received don't always appear in the thread on your phone when you text someone.
- (2017-11-22) Glenn F: I use Yappy daily... a huge productivity boost. I have the extension installed and then a Yappy window pinned to the taskbar. The only issue is group texting doesn't work on my device, but I believe it is being worked on. Thanks to the talented developer!
- (2017-10-24) Birch Wind: If this can go back to working like when I first got id Id be thrilled. First few days it synced and all was good. Last few days, nothing I do seems to get the messages to pop up on my PC, nor on th pop out tab when i open from there. A bit cruddy that it wont send MMS - but mainly I just use it for the alerts.
- (2017-05-21) Seems to send texts ok but the user interface on chrome needs to be adjustable such as the fonts. It also keeps bringing back old sms messages I deleted. Keeps happening over and over again.
- (2017-01-30) Robert F: Doesn't reliably send. Doesn't work with multiple recipients/group messages. Won't send MMS at all. What use is this plugin if I have to use my phone for half the time anyway?
- (2016-09-15) Derek B: Suddenly yappy wants to read my browsing history - I guess I won't be using it anymore.
- (2016-08-18) GillesOfAugustine: Why do you need to read my browsing history? You don't need to read my browsing history. Great extension, ruined by awful permissions. Fix it.
- (2016-04-23) M L: It works really well .. sometimes. Other times it doesn't work at all. MMS sending from the extension hasn't worked in a few months, and the Devs have yet to respond to any sort of questions regarding it. Support is terribad, sadly.
- (2016-04-16) Chris Weaver: I LOVE THIS APP!! yappy has NOT failed me yet. I used to use Mighty Text. blech. Never worked right. This, however...is superb and sooo easy and convenient!
- (2016-04-03) Nathan Fletcher: This is great. Basically tuns whatever computer you have into the whole macbook iphone situation where you can send texts back and forth between the two with no issues. No limits in this app is great and google should really pay them for this as it really should be a standard part of android this far on. Additionally, everything works great and is quick, the only thing that I wish it had was an always on popout desktop messenger that could remain ontop like messenger for desktop for facebook. Either way, it is a great little app and I commend the developers. Yes pro has some things that are nice for a monthly fee, but for the basic sms, this is a great app
- (2016-04-02) Zac K: **Update** Restarted phone, restarted computer, tinkered with the settings in both and now I can see my contacts name and photos in the extension and in the app. Review changed from 2 stars to 4. **Original Review** Great potential! 1 star off for having a monthly fee for users... Rather pay one time fee of $10 or something like that for a pro version. Then 2 stars removed from the rating because I cannot seem to make the app show the name of the person I'm talking with, it only wants to show me their phone number even though all of my contacts are synced with the extension.
- (2016-03-11) Jarod Smith: would be nice but only works sometimes. Chrome plugin "sending" a message forever (more than a few minutes) and never goes away.
- (2016-01-21) Unreliable for SMS. Sometimes work/sometimes doesn't.
- (2015-12-31) I like it, but there are problems. I don't like getting popups to upgrade all the time when I'm just trying it out. It also takes a few minutes sometimes to send the SMS like other people have stated.. Other than that, It's a solid replacement for Pushbullet.
- (2015-12-28) Dave Price: Not reliable at all for sending or receiving SMS. Chrome plugin "sending" for minutes even though the message appears within the Android app instantly (though the message doesn't actually send). I rarely get desktop notification windows appear or I get a screen full of them that vanish before I can even read the content. Chrome plugin and no desktop app is a big bummer after using a native Pushbullet app for a while.
- (2015-10-06) Rob Clifton: Seems to work really really well for me. Uses slightly too much battery on my tablet, but great on the computer!
- (2015-07-07) joe flocco: Love It Truly Makes Life Simple. Ease Of Use Life Saving
- (2015-04-23) Leo Staley: Beats the heck out of MightyText. They got lazy.
- (2015-01-22) Michael Seifert: This is a great and easy to use extension. The only thing I feel is missing is a pop out messenger like Hangouts so I don't need Chrome open to use it.
- (2014-10-17) Robert Whipple: Great tool. Very helpful. I would have given it a 5-star rating if I could send group texts. I emailed them and they were very nice and willing to help, but it hasn't been set up yet to send group texts.
- (2014-08-30) Mohamed Abdo: Good
- (2014-07-28) fadli mukhtarif: Hey this i just try this extension but i got error message when try to login first. it said "Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration> Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL. <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>"
- (2014-07-25) Zach Rhonheimer: Great extension that has already improved significantly in just the first few days I have been using it. Better then MightyText thanks to its deep integration with the EvolveSMS app for syncing read status back to your phone.
- (2014-07-23) Wojtek Stankiewicz: Very useful ext and very responsive dev team :)
- (2014-07-10) Eric Manktelow: I really like the app but it needs to be able to provide notifications without the Chrome browser being open.
- (2018-02-27, v:1.41) Ellen Simes: windows download won't work and firefox app won't load
I just paid for a lifetime subscription - I sent an email yesterday - the firefox app won't work - it says it is unsigned and won't allow it to load. I download it for windows, install it and it won't open. Please contact me and/or fix this or I will just chargeback on my CC.
- (2018-01-28, v:1.41) Nick Ajang: How can you expect
anyone who knows a little about laptops to install your chrome extension?? I WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO CHANGE MY DATA
- (2017-12-11, v:1.41) Alberta Greekgirl: Not working as of Dec 8 2017
For some reason when I try to launch it from chrome on my work desktop computer it just keeps erroring out. Hasn't worked at all from Dec 8th onwards. I hope you guys can fix it as I use it a lot! I have left you 5 star reviews on google play also because when it works it's great.
- (2017-12-06, v:1.41) Betty Gulliver: Not fuctioning
Hi there my Chrome extension is no longer working. I am getting a msg from Avast saying access is blocked because server certificate has been revoked. Please help. Use your platform daily.
- (2017-10-24, v:1.41) Birch Wind: Messages no longer appearing in Chrome
Hi, My messages are no longer showing up on the PC. Not sure why. I send from the phone and check on Yappy PC/Chrome but nothing. Just messages from the day before.
- (2017-01-30, v:1.40) Darren Charloff: Enabling and disabling specified apps for notifications
Can I choose which apps I get notifications from? I can't seem to find that setting anywhere.
- (2016-10-19, v:1.39) Silverjaw: Unable to open window
I am unable to now open the external window with the upper right hand icon. It is not a clickable button.
- (2016-10-01, v:1.39) Fabrizio Parrella: sent messages not syncing
It used to work great.. but now since I updated the OS on the phone to the latest, it doesn't show the messages that I sent and it rarely shows notifications. I have yet to receive an answer on the android app review about this same issue. Already tried to uninstall and reinstall, I even changed phone (my old one crashed and got a replacement), same problem. even tried on a different provider (verizon and att), same issue. the OS that I have is Android 6.0.1 on a samsungs S7
- (2016-09-29, v:1.39) Cassie Clouse: connection
while using it on my computer it kept giving a pop up that said it was having connection problems and to refresh the page. it got very tiresome refreshing all the time
- (2016-09-20, v:1.39) Ben Chase: "Sending"
Messages seem to be stuck in "sending" status for ever, and never send.