Call phone numbers on a webpage using Switchvox.
This add-on is for Switchvox users, and makes it easy to dial a phone number on a webpage. After you add Switchvox Dial to your browser, enter your Switchvox hostname or IP address, your Switchvox extension number, and your password to your Switchvox extension. Click Save, and you can now dial from your browser. Dial From the Browser 1. Right-click anywhere on a web page to highlight the phone numbers on that page. Click any highlighted number; when your phone rings, pick it up to connect to the call. 2. Select any phone number on a web page with your mouse (highlight the entire number), then right click and select Dial. When your phone rings, pick it up to connect to the call.
- (2020-06-27) Jean-Francois Fortier: June 27, 2020: Update!! The new Outlook extension now works with Office 2019 and everything works great in Chrome and Office ! May 10, 2018:Need bug fix, each time I dial a number (in Chrome) Outlook crash !! I have both the Chrome extension and the Outlook add-on. From outlook, no problem.
- (2019-11-07) Donovan Miske: Great idea but like most of Digium apps like the cell phone app or this browser extension - it rarely works and there's no adequate support.
- (2017-08-29) Kurth Bemis: The extension itself is great. It quickly became a critical part of our workflow (outbound transportation dispatching). As of Chrome 60.0.3112.78 (thereabouts) the dialer does not work, citing CSRF issues. Spoke to Digium support regarding the issue and was informed the extension would remain broken until a major version upgrade of our Switchvox system in a few weeks. In the mean time, our entire organization has reverted to manually dialing numbers, which GREATLY slows down the operators as well as increases the amount of dialing errors. Digium's response to this for my organization is bothersome, especially at their prices.
- (2017-06-09) Matt Boyd: I had this working for 1 day. but now I'm getting a "Error Fetching AP response Error Code 38783" I would love to have this working again.
- (2017-05-11) Jordan Elmore: It would be really nice if we didn't have to highlight a number, and the find the switchvox option in a list of right-click options. Seems they could write something to make it a little easier. It does save me slightly over copy and paste into the switchboard screen in another tab.
- (2017-03-20) Shawn Welch: Yo this app sucks bad. You have to first either highlight a phone, not easy, or click the icon and highlight, clumsy. Could be so much better. Please look at Skype's add-on and get some hints.
- (2017-02-27) Khiem Huynh: Hi It have a bug. It can't detect a phone number in iframe. If you select phone number in main page and not select anything in iframe. R-Click on iframe and we will call with phone number in main page ??? And if you select a phone number in iframe but not select anything in main page. R-Click in select text of iframe. Switchvox will show "no phone number detect" ??? Are you have plan to fix this bug ?
- (2016-07-27) Agron Selimaj: It calls the wrong number all the time. In fact it adds a 9 before the number it needs to dial. We don't need to dial 9 for an outside line.
- (2014-06-03) Jason Wieland: Good plugin. Can we just get a dial pad as well.
- (2014-02-18) Zac Gowen: Works Great! Just wished you could make it highlight the phone numbers on a web page all the time.