Removes comments with a single plus ('+') from YouTube comment threads.
NOTE: This is an early alpha! Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated :) DISCLAIMER: Hank didn't write this, he came up with the idea and I simply wrote something to make the experiment a little easier New in Alpha 1: - Complete Rewrite! This new version is now a lot clearer and a lot easier to work with, meaning I can fix bugs faster - New Logo (Thanks Hank!) - Open Source on GitHub https://github.com/MelvIsntNormal/YTCommentsPlus This small extension removes comments from YouTube that contain a single plus in them. The idea comes from the Vlogbrothers: Hank suggested that viewers start commenting with a single plus on comments that deserved more attention. Comments seem to have more weight in Google's comment algorithm than likes, so comments with loads of replies get pushed to the top. Several users find this useful, but difficult to work with. They can no longer have coherent conversations on comments because it becomes a sea of pluses. This extension aims to solve that problem. Now we can have a clean comment system that brings out the better quality comments, rather than the ones that simply generate a lot of noise. If you have any suggestions or bug reports, feel free to leave a review/suggestion here, or tweet me @melvisntnormal
- (2018-01-27) Yura Moshnin: Не работает?
- (2017-09-15) Katie Willems: Seems to have stopped working for me. Possibly incompatible with YouTube's recent update?
- (2017-03-28) Chris Partan: Still works as intended :D
- (2016-08-28) Flurgerbla: brilliant idea, really makes it easier to talk in the comment section
- (2016-08-27) Jayson Wills: FOSS would be cool.
- (2016-08-12) Patrick Brentlinger: I love the + work around and this work around for the comment noise.
- (2016-08-07) Zoe Harper: Seems to work just as intended. This is really wonderful!
- (2016-08-04) Exactly what I wanted. Possibly hard feature request: let me post a + on a comment with a single click.
- (2016-07-28) Alluring Girl: It just works. Hopefully we will develop a community etiquette around it, so people will avoid posting more than one plus sign when they want to highlight the comment, since those don't get filtered. Suggestion: consider a name change. There is a popular extension called YouTube Plus and this could be confusing to some people.
- (2016-07-23) Anne Katherine: Thanks for making this!
- (2016-07-23) Hallie Ramos: This works great! My only suggestion is that a person doesn't get notified of a + comment, nor does it appear in the chat when the little notification guy lets you look at the comments replied to the thread you posted on. Other than that, it works perfectly.
- (2016-07-23) Kimberley Chen: Guess what you are endorsed by the Green Brothers now. Well deserved! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNSTBDEV4U&index=4&list=WL
- (2016-07-23) Aaron Yoshitake: Works as intended. Feature request: add a + icon next to the comment thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons, which submits a "+" reply to that comment. Could also replace the thumbs-up icon entirely.
- (2016-07-22) Could be better. 4 stars for doing exactly what it claims to. But.. I see a lot of people leaving long strings of +'s (e.g. "+++++++") for things they super like. It'd be good if this extension also removed all comments consisting only of +'s.
- (2016-07-22) Josuel Servin: It makes the + system works in a wonderful way. Thanks Melvin!
- (2016-07-22) This works great, Thanks!
- (2016-07-22) Debries: Great tool! What I would like, though, is a small indicator next to replies to show the ammount of +'es. So 14 total replies with 9 plusses would be: 5 replies (+7)
- (2016-07-21) Reason: Thanks so much for making this. It would be really cool if the extension had a tally of "+" comments hidden next to the thread or something
- (2016-07-21) Montanna Peach: This is amazing and super helpful. Thanks so much for creating it!
- (2016-07-21) Nippoleon Bonerparts: Have not used it a lot yet. I will add more feedback after I play with it more. I like how it work so far.
- (2016-07-20) Splash _: I know it may be a bit early to say that I like the way this works, but for the most part I do. One possible improvement would be to filter the comments that are simply replies to another comment with a plus. (they show up as '+vlogbrothers +' with a link to the channel.) Additionally I am having to refresh the page before the filter takes effect. Still better then nothing. Thanks.
- (2017-09-09, v:Alpha 1) Rik Wisselink-Bijker: Polymer broke it
The recent overhaul of the YouTube website (which seems to be called 'polymer', judging by the url to edit the watch later list), seems to have broken the functionality. I hope this can be can be fixed.
- (2017-08-02, v:Alpha 1) Alex Paiva: How I use it?
This app can hide comments, right? How can I use it? I don't want to see comments...
- (2016-09-17, v:Alpha 1) App needs new permissions
With the new version, this extension needed new permissions, like being able to read my history. I don't feel comfortable with that. Why does it need those new permissions?
- (2016-08-04, v:Alpha 0.3 Initial) Shreyas Kapur: Open Source?
Awesome work. I'd love to contribute and add new stuff - if you're open to putting it up on GitHub or similar :)
- (2016-07-26, v:Alpha 0.3 Initial) Haley Kendall: Extension not Working
This extension was working for me last week, but now all of the pluses are visible again. I checked to make sure it was still enabled and tried refreshing, but nothing worked.
- (2016-07-24, v:Alpha 0.3 Initial) Gavriel Lazan: Not endorsed?
"Neither I nor this extension is endorsed by Hank or John Green, or anyone affiliated with VlogBrothers (that I know of)" Well, now it is. Hank mentioned it in his friday upload to vlogbrothers.
- (2016-07-23, v:Alpha 0.3 Initial) Adam Bryant: Incompatibility with AdGuard
This extension does not function when AdGuard is enabled. :)
- (2016-07-22, v:Alpha 0.3 Initial) Zach Heilman: Doesn't like working when AlienTube extension is enabled
This extension doesn't work when AlienTube (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/alientube-for-youtube/opgodjgjgojjkhlmmhdlojfehcemknnp?hl=en) is enabled - if fixing this is a low priority I totally understand.