Anti-spam, auto-reconnect, dark mode, welcome message and more options for more fun at Omegle!
Tired of those bots asking you to visit a weird webpage, someone's snapchat or text their number? Fear no more! This extension not only allows you to filter out such chats, but also gives you an ability to auto-reconnect and start a new chat immediately after any disconnection. You can even set your own welcome message. The anti-spam checks a few behaviours, including the number of messages sent in short time, the content of the messages looking for spam-keywords as well as your custom filter words, which you can set in the settings. Any chats marked as spam will be automatically disconnected and - if enabled - a new chat will be automatically started. The Anti-Spam module works for a certain number of seconds, which you can set in the settings along with other options. After this time, the chat will be marked as real if no spam behaviour is detected. The settings are saved in the cloud and you can access them by double-clicking the Anti-Spam button in the chat window. Single-clicking the button while it's enabled will temporarily disable the module for the current chat. Your conversation is never saved, shared or sent to any server, do not worry! There are surely some ways for improvement or new features, so if you have any ideas, feel free to contact me at the provided email! *** UPDATE 1.1.0 - Fix for anti-spam and welcome message not working at all - Welcome message delay option added *** UPDATE 1.0.2 - You can now add 1-word custom filters, e.g. "m" or "f" (male/female). The spam is also detected when someone writes "M23" or "44F" if you have just "m,f" in custom filters.
- (2021-08-23) Bob Harrison: It works well... for a bit. After some amount of time, the "anti spam" box will simply display "disconnected" and will no longer work until you refresh the website. Changing chats doesn't turn it back on. Not sure if this is user error or some other issue on my side, or just poor design. This could easily be a 5-star app if this issue didn't happen so often.
- (2021-08-05) potato vibe: dark theme is good but actual filter didnt work whatsoever
- (2021-07-24) Pincha Lokesh M.: that one star for i got banned from text channel for no reason.anyone suggest a good reliable VPN for Chrome PC.so i can edit the ratings to its best,5 stars.
- (2021-06-24) Rajan Sharma: Feature Suggestion: "Auto-reconnect delay (sec)" feature. That's something this great extension is missing! Waiting for the update. Cheers.
- (2021-03-03) master of science: its great. Don't know if its taking my personal information and giving it to Facebook or anything but it does the job that it intends to do and i am liking it. its a nice extension to have if ur using omagle a lot.
- (2021-01-18) Sid: It is not working
- (2021-01-09) Memz: This extension would be a lot better if you could escape commmas, like including commas if "its in, quotes" since all bots I see use commas as their indicator. And the spam filter rarely detects it as spam, it might not be detecting all capitalization but still not detecting custom filters.
- (2020-12-10) povmaciulis GAMING: Okay it took some time to figure out but its good now. One suggestion - idk if possible - captcha skipper
- (2020-11-04) Recala Robert: THIS EXTENCION IS MINDBLOW!
- (2020-10-13) Mike Fox: Updated review for the end of 2020! To my big surprise, this extension has actually been updated and many of the problems I've listed before have been fixed, I didn't think people would care so much about an Omegle extension, but improvement is always welcomed and appreciated! The extension is now far more stable than ever before, the dark mode is definitely a welcomed addition, however the color of the people in chat could've been customizable or differentiated, making them both blue can be a bit confusing as opposed to regular Omegle, where its color coded. I absolutely love the new menu, allowing you to set up your settings without having to start a new chat, the UI on it is very pleasant as well, definitely an upgrade from the old version. The spam filter with a custom timer is working great as always, however the fact that the default filter built into it that scans for messages sent in quick succession and links, can sometimes cause disconnects to occur from people who were a legitimate good chat and just made a typo or happen to send "hello" and "how are you" in a quick succession. The developer seems to be active within the community, however I'm still waiting for an email back on a feature suggestion I had made in regards to the default parameters on the spam filter to be turned off to avoid the bad disconnections, it would've been nice to get a response even if just to disagree to the idea or to confirm that it did get to them. With all of that said however, Omegle Anti-Spam w/ Dark Mode is definitely the best free Omegle extension with the most support poured into it, and even does some things better than paid extensions available on the same platform, I'd definitely recommend it giving it a try and taking your time to configure it, it can save you time, headaches and can make Omegle a legitimately better experience.
- (2020-10-07) William Breton: It really does an amazing job. Is there a "manual" reconnect mode? I believe it's reconnected once a stranger had disconnected - a few times, actually - even if the auto-reconnect options are turned off and/or the module turned off for that tab. I've lost some contact details to this. :/ But maybe I've been doing something wrong, I don't know (hence the 5-star rating - gotta be fair). Also, how can I add a line break in the Welcome Message? Copying from a text and pasting doesn't work...
- (2020-09-19) 艺博杜: it is a pretty nice tool, but can you add a new function that can auto disconnect if nobody have talked for a while?
- (2020-03-13) Elijah Nope: Works nicely, BUT the welcome message cuts itself short automatically and it's not very long
- (2020-01-16) Colton Barnett: works great
- (2020-01-05) ZeroShuki: I got it to work and it skips all the bots the auto reconnect is sometimes annoying
- (2019-09-22) Ismael Vargas: no sirve para absolutamante nada
- (2019-08-21) Brutalitywarlord: It didn't do anything, it didn't even have the options screen from the screen shots
- (2021-09-02, v:2.2.0) FireTheHoker: Notifications
You should add a pop up notification every time someone messages me, like omegaskipper had, and it should work on multiple tabs
- (2021-08-12, v:2.2.0) OPTIMASCI: it stopped working for me
idk why but now it doesnt show anything when i open the extention , it just shows the checking boxes but no writing at all , its just bland , any fix?
- (2020-12-11, v:2.0.0) Jakub: anti spam
the anti spam doesn't work at all. But the extension seems great.
- (2020-12-10, v:2.0.0) povmaciulis GAMING: Captcha solver
Idk if possible but if u can do it it would be awesome
- (2020-09-29, v:2.0.0) Jah-El Van Philips: Filter word delimiter?
What do I need to use to separate the strings? is it a semicolon, a comma, or is it 1 string at a time?
- (2020-08-26, v:2.0.0) G G: Cool feature
Wouldn't it be cool to disable auto-skip once the conversation lasts for a predefined amount of time? like you were talking to someone and they suddenly disconnect and you want to maybe reread what they said, for example they left their info or something - it just gets deleted cause of the auto-next feature.
- (2020-06-16, v:2.0.0) 艺博杜: Auto disconnect needed
it is a pretty nice tool, but can you add a new function that can auto disconnect if nobody have talked for a while?
- (2020-03-22, v:1.1.0) Rissa: Doesn't block spam and has no options
I did see the messages about how you have to double-click the button in the chat window but there is no anti-spam button in the chat window when this is installed, and if the options button in the extension does nothing it shouldn't be there. Also, it doesn't block spam properly, i keep getting spammed by those stupid bot chats
- (2020-03-19, v:1.1.0) Apperson5: help
how do i open it there is no button
- (2019-10-13, v:1.0.2) Diego Britto: the auto message isnt working anymore.
You type the message, click on the box to auto-message btw it dont work. Please fix it, thank you!
- (2019-10-11, v:1.0.2) AH: bug
anti spammer is not working anymore and not even sending welcome message or anything
- (2019-07-21, v:1.0) Jsjs HAhaha: cannot use option
as the other guy, simply cannot use option button. using it on google chrome. when i click on the extension it's like i right click on other extension
- (2019-06-22, v:1.0) SlayerX: Cannot use the options
Simply cannot use the options tab