Remove annoying elements with a single click
Allows you to remove any element from a website. Temporarily or permanently. Be it an advertisment missed by your ad-blocker, fixed menu, distracting GIF image, overly animated slideshow or anything getting in your way. 💨 Features: - easily remove multiple elements in a row (no need for a cumbersome context menu) - highlights elements under the cursor - customizable keyboard shortcut for activation - remember removed elements for a particular website or hide only temporarily - works flawlessly with iframes, embeds and ads - minimal memory and performance footprint - power user feature - customize CSS selectors
- (2021-10-18) Chris Kxx: A great extension to clean up the web pages from annoying elements that I use daily. Great!!!
- (2021-10-12) CUISINED: Excellent! Your a Genius!! -- I find that can't remove objects that are under the "extension" like on the bottom right of the screen. otherwise it's absolutely masterpiece in todays browsers! :)
- (2021-09-29) crohammer: Do exactly what it should. I use it to remove annoying elements in a WebGui.
- (2021-09-22) Joma Bastos G P: ok5
- (2021-09-08) Seyed Muzaffar: You should be really proud of yourself for coding this amazing package. Seriously hats off for the developer(s).
- (2021-09-02) Winged Hussar: the best element blocker
- (2021-08-29) Mod Master: It worked great! It's the closest thing to what I'm looking for. (I'm looking for an extension that removes or edits things permanently, this extension only is missing the editing bit. But it never said that it had that feature, so 5 stars.)
- (2021-07-29) Umar Farooq: Awesome, thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. A tool that remembers whatever element I remove so it doesn't appear again. I've made a tutorial video about it and have linked to this extension in the description. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08N_xXJuqY) Thanks again!
- (2021-07-07) hiromu656: It's perfect. The recent feature to remember elements that you've chosen to remove is what made me finally leave a review. Great tool.
- (2021-07-04) WM AB: Fully useful extension! I'm loving using it! =D
- (2021-07-01) IT Wonders Supports: One of the plugins that always get installed on dev account. Useful to remove extra elements before saving the page as PDF
- (2021-06-05) Always Be Writing: For some reason none of my ad blockers have the "remove element" option anymore. That led me to this, which handles the task much more intelligently. There's non tweaking or finding the right range of intensity to remove something, you just click it and POOF it's gone.
- (2021-06-04) 420 Gramas: works well for me
- (2021-05-20) Luqmanul Hakim: thankyou, so much usefull block to pop up annoying
- (2021-05-14) Mint: It works really well and works as intended, just simply click on an element or multiple elements to block. REALLY SIMPLE TO USE!!
- (2021-05-10) Andrei: Love it!
- (2021-05-06) Randy Gladish: I like click to remove Element, but recently I've experienced unfortunate interaction with Google Docs lately. Through trial and error, I determined that it is intercepting menu/keyboard events or causing some other interaction with gdocs, which is a shame. So I have to disable most of the time. It would be great if I could exclude docs.google.com, or enable more intrusive
- (2021-05-03) Lee Griffiths: Perfect for custom element removal.
- (2021-04-28) Evelyn lynatica: Works perfectly and the option to remember and auto-hide on next load the selected elements (divs, ...) is just perfect. Thanks for this extension!
- (2021-04-21) STELLAR: ОТЛИЧНОЕ-РАБОТАЕТ-РЕКОМЕНДУЮ ДЛЯ ТЕХ КТО РАБОТАЕТ С КРАНАМИ-СТРАНИЧКИ САЙТОВ МОЖНО ПОДОГНАТЬ ПОД СЕБЯ-УДАЛИТЬ ЛИШНЕЕ
- (2021-04-20) Сергей П.: Понравилось, как раз то что искал. Жаль что блокирует порой с задержкой, но это не критично
- (2021-04-15) Cristian Berbesi: Muchas gracias por esta mauskiherramienta misteriosa
- (2021-03-31) panda pan: 太好了!!!!!我要吹爆他!
- (2021-03-17) Ramiro Rela: I always wanted this feature. I used it for 5' and it was like a breeze. The temporary/permanent toggle, the "enlarge"/"shrink" selection, the highlighting, the clicking like a madman and seeing the web page "un-geociticize itself". It's lovely. It's better than popping bubble wrap.
- (2021-02-25) YG Marius: it is the best ! please tell me how to backup my settings. I can't find it anywhere.. I want to reinstall windows 7 and it would be a big time waste to remake all the steps for every website..
- (2021-02-23) Jacob White: Exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly. Thanks.
- (2021-02-07) I have been always looking for the way to get rid of eye-boring features and buttons to minimalize what I see just to what I really need to see. I would love you to develop this extension further and make better and better :) If you have Patreon or any other platform to support you, please share. Because I loved this extension and I want it being developed more. I loved this extension so much that I wanna show my appreciation with azerbaijanian expression: "qurban olaram sənə ❤"
- (2021-01-13) 星海: hey hello??? how to change all numbers in one sentence?
- (2021-01-13) João Vitor Liberato: Muito booooooom
- (2021-01-08) Peter Ledergerber: It works Great. Ads these Days are just so Anoying, this little Addon helped so much. I highly recommend this Addon.
- (2020-12-24) Vincent Lee: it's wonderful. great for things i don't want to see, therefore great for my anxiety. thank you. i appreciate the creator of this extension. edit: dont know if it's possible to add a quick on/off button to switch off the saved changes, but that would be much appreciated!
- (2020-12-23) Oasis Peng: Thank you my man...
- (2020-12-18) Randy Gladish: Great extension, and I really love the ability to remember site-specific actions. It would be great to see a couple of enhancements that provide an option to hide, or make transparent, rather than remove elements, so that scrolling behaviors tied to that element remain functional.
- (2020-12-13) Mark McGee: I like it. But it is hard to see the icon on a dark theme.
- (2020-12-13) Vincent Lee: it's wonderful. great for things i don't want to see, therefore great for my anxiety. thank you. i appreciate the creator of this extension.
- (2020-12-12) Aseel Haboobi: Thank you for this helpful extension.
- (2020-11-25) Brett Mathewson: This works! And it works well. Period.
- (2020-11-18) AldoTN: simple to use, resembles perfectly the ABP block element option
- (2020-11-16) Kureiji: I was getting so sick of all the clutter on some of these websites I usually use, but now I can just clean it up within seconds. This extension is brilliant.
- (2020-11-03) Jonathan Ward: its perfect
- (2020-10-31) Electric Spider: YAS Finally!!! an element remover that actually works every time and without having to rehide everytime i visit the site. Worthy of a Ternion award
- (2020-10-28) Захар Ревин: Отлично грохает элементы, которые не должна видеть жена.. - не забывайте поставить галочку в Remember by default - YES
- (2020-10-27) Javier Martín Torres: This extension is a must. Really useful.
- (2020-10-21) Sergiu: It's super userful! Thanks a lot.
- (2020-10-20) Zack: The problem with this extension is where I was using it on FOX NEWS, it doesn't remove the item permanently. I see the question, "Remove permanently?" and the answer is given NO. I want yes, remove from now on.
- (2020-10-17) Select Ch: This is one of the good extensions.
- (2020-09-30) Laura Jones: It refuses to erase elements permanently in Opera, even when I check "remember". Please either fix it or make it available in the Opera extension site.
- (2020-09-25) Mohammad Ghorbani: Thanks, it help to more focus on things.
- (2020-09-24) Acid: Terrific extension. Saves removed elements, works excellent on any website. Thank you for the work and effort you put into this.
- (2021-08-28, v:2.0.6) Kevin Schmidt: How to undelete an element?
I accidentally removed the wrong element from a Youtube page. Now the element is missing on all Youtube pages. How do I reverse the removal?
- (2021-08-22, v:2.0.6) Brian Young: Share Specific Elements I've Removed with Rest of Team
Hi, I am on a team at work and have taken the past few days removing elements from a website. Your extension has been extremely helpful. The removed elements that are saved in my extension, I would like to transfer those to the rest of our team so they can also use the extension without having to spend all the work I did of removing all the elements. Is there a way to share the saved elements I have removed with the rest of my team in their "Click to Remove Element" extension on their laptops? Thank you
- (2021-04-11, v:2.0.6) Authentic Living: Temporary disable the extension
Hi, should be possible to toggle the extension on and off.
- (2021-02-18, v:2.0.6) Maurice Verdonk: Does not allow for permanent remove on this site?
Okay this extension is working on just about every website. But when I remove a element on this website ... https://www.weerplaza.nl/nederland/ Then I do not get that little screen on the bottom right where I can set it to "Permanent", So when I refresh the page the element I want to remove is back?
- (2021-01-08, v:2.0.6) nU8K: Please add CSS declaration property "outline" with value "!important" when hovering element
There exist website that disable CSS property outline by using "outline: none !important", so this extension becomes blind when want to remove some elements. Here is an example website: https://sspai.com/post/56391
- (2020-12-05, v:2.0.6) Worthy Pearl apps & fun: Is your extension is Data Hider or Internet Data Plan Saver
When some of the HD Graphics and ads on a webpage stopped with the help of your extension work, will this thing help to save my internet plan.
- (2020-07-20, v:2.0.6) Mauro Rattazzi: The extension no more work
The extension don't appear into de cascading menu when I click on a whatever web page, since the last release. Is there any way to fix it? The extension always worked fine before.
- (2020-07-18, v:2.0.6) Clayton Alvarez: Option to toggle hide or show again
Instead of only remove element, could have an option to toggle hide or show again, in per site basis.
- (2020-07-17, v:2.0.6) Luke Hamburg: View list of permanently blocked elements?
Hi Matus, (Thanks for your amazing work) The other day I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why certain portions of a site were not displaying in Chrome. I finally realized I must have accidentally deleted them in "permanent" mode. Is there any way to view a global list of all permanently removed elements so I can clear the list if needed?
- (2020-07-13, v:2.0.6) Simon Ghoul: It seems like you can't delete elements with classes that contain spaces.
Facebook profiles have a section that looks like the following: "#timeline_tab_content .clearfix _ikh _3-8y ._4bl7 _3-91". This tag contains a space and doesn't work. When I try to edit an element detected by the extension and change it to that, it doesn't work. The alternative to this is "#u_0_13 .\_5ss8" but the id number always changes.
- (2020-06-05, v:2.0.6) Patrick Kent: Extension cannot be interacted with in any way
I used it to hide one element, and then tried to close the extension, and clicking X does nothing. Also "remember" doesn't work either, nor does edit. Indeed, no action within the panel is active. So I have to reload the page, and the element I hid (autoplay video) is back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same issue occurs. I'll come back in a little while and try it again, hopefully it's something temporary, because I really like the extension. Installed version, if it helps: Version 83.0.4103.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-05-02, v:2.0.5) Thurston IsOnlyANickName: "Click to remove element" dialog box fixed location
The "Click to remove element" dialog box appears to be fixed to the lower right corner of a browser window. As the the most likely location of an annoying screen element is the lower right portion of the the screen, this fixed location is inconvenient and in some cases unusable. I suggest that you make the "Click to remove element" dialog box drag-able within the browser window.
- (2020-04-14, v:2.0.4) Rowan Cavanagh: Toggle shortcut off
Cmd + Shift + X is the shortcut to apply strikethrough in Google Docs. But this extension overrides that. Not that I use that shortcut much, I'd love the ability to turn it off in here.
- (2020-03-27, v:2.0.4) Tim Bluhm: hotkey broken
Ctrl + Shift + 'X' pins tabs in chrome for me instead of opening the extension. I wonder if there is a conflict with a chrome update? Please fix! Thanks!
- (2020-03-20, v:2.0.4) William Furr: Doesn't seem to work anymore, No current window, cannot read property 'id'
Doesn't work anymore. Clicking or ctrl-shift-x does nothing. When I switch tabs, I see these errors show up in the background page console for the extension: http://google3/third_party/sketchology/engine/public/sengine.h
- (2020-03-17, v:2.0.4) Gekke Floepsie: please make permanent option multi select
Would be great if you make the checkboxes multi select ;) example: TAB is next checkbox en space = select. Regards
- (2019-12-21, v:2.0.4) j t: Partial ID Matching
"#z1256495194-ps > div > a > img" So the "z1256495194" part is the random. How do I do partial id matching??
- (2019-11-16, v:2.0.4) Dalibor Pospíšil: make it work on touchscreen without permanent keyboard
Make the popup dialog interactive by clicking on it, not just via keyboard. On an android device click on the element does not cause it to be removed but it just selects it. There's no way to remove it or go up/down in the hierarchy. Making the hiararchy clickable and adding a button for actually removing the element would solve the issue.
- (2019-10-16, v:2.0.4) Roger Levy: Remove the popup
I find it ironic that an extension for removing elements brings up a big corner popup every time you turn it on. It covers any fixed elements you might want to remove. At least, could it be made to remember that you want it minimized when you turn it on?
- (2019-08-25, v:2.0.4) Ryz 78: enable backup setting
please enable backup & restore feature
- (2019-07-25, v:2.0.4) Ibrahim Patel: Inquiry
Have you developed or are aware of similar tools to remove elements/objects from Android applications? Thanks!
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.4) W.F. Heldmyer: Select All and Money...
When selecting a number of items to be removed, it can be tedious to click each "remember" button. A "check/uncheck all" would be very nice. Also! Where can I contribute to the cause? Your work is high-quality, functional, intuitive and has happy results! You should have some dough, says I!
- (2019-07-16, v:2.0.4) Keith D.: How to fix one issue I have with the extension
A suggestion on how to fix one of the two issues I sometimes have with the extension. The little modal overlay window, despite being moved to the bottom right corner and now having a minimize option, even though the minimized version pretty tiny now, is that it still sometimes interferes with me being able to remove the desired element from the page. If possible, can you make the modal move out of the way of the mouse when it's in select mode? Or have the location user-configurable, or have the modal dragable so I can move it if it's ever in my way? Making it so it can be moved would clear up one of the two annoying gripes that I still sometimes encounter with it. Otherwise it's quite brilliant!
- (2019-05-08, v:2.0.2) Boyd: Default Remember
I really like the extension and I am using it on just about every page I visit. But I noticed that after I remove an element I have go down to the box in the corner and click "remember" for each element. Is there anyway to have that as the default, meaning it is always checked to remember? I could just uncheck stuff I don't want too. That would be much more helpful. Also, yes, would be nice to see a list of blocked elements so you can remove one you put on by mistake.
- (2019-04-22, v:2.0.2) Alex B: Clicking to remove just opens ads
When I click an ad with the extension on, the ad simply opens. Perhaps implement an option to delete the element with a key as well as clicking?
- (2019-03-05, v:2.0.2) Ahmad Younis: Please return the undo function!!
Undo function in the new version stopped working clicking CMD + Z / CTRL + Z is no longer working, if I delete elements by mistake I have no way to get them back but to reload the whole page which is really not effective, please fix!
- (2019-02-19, v:2.0.2) Adrian Thomas-Prestemon: Needs a way to manually specify/modify a CSS string to block
Often, generated elements (with pop up vides and other annoying cruft) have randomly-generated CSS classes, or have a normal class with randomly-generated strings appended, making this extension useless for blocking that particular element between page loads.