Remove annoying elements with a single click
Allows you to remove any element from a website. Temporarily or permanently. Be it an advertisment missed by your ad-blocker, fixed menu, distracting GIF image, overly animated slideshow or anything getting in your way. 💨 Features: - easily remove multiple elements in a row (no need for a cumbersome context menu) - highlights elements under the cursor - customizable keyboard shortcut for activation - remember removed elements for a particular website or hide only temporarily - works flawlessly with iframes, embeds and ads - minimal memory and performance footprint - power user feature - customize CSS selectors
- (2023-01-21) Diogo SD: Simples e funcional 😊, consegui remover a barra de solicitação de login do Twitter 😍
- (2023-01-03) Lukáš Záleský: Cool, Thank you!
- (2022-12-16) M.: It does what it says, but just one thing: I don't understand why it needs to read your browsing history, does that has anything to do with the function?
- (2022-12-14) Phil Walters: nice app removes what I don't want
- (2022-12-03) N R: Awesome - thanks! How we send you a tip?
- (2022-11-30) Đorđe Jović: MAKE IT ABLE TO TURN OFF THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT FOR ENABLING THE EXTENSION!!!!
- (2022-11-26) Carlos: Excellent extension! Helps hide the Reddit username in desktop too :) Thank you!
- (2022-11-01) Shaan: Love it. Does what it says. :)
- (2022-10-25) Clemens Ratte-Polle: Nice! :) Like an manual Adblocker. BUT will it block elements for real? Does it load all elements and blocks them just after loading? It would be fine if blocked elements would not be loaded at all.
- (2022-10-23) A V: does what it says
- (2022-10-18) Varzon: Я искал это расширение после того как утерял в связи с сменой ПК. Оно классное и очень гибкое Перепробовал много таких расширений, на примере вк. Они удаляют эти блоки не с определённых страниц, а со всего вк(что для меня не удобно), в отличии от этого. Также есть такие кнопки, которые появляются лишь после наведения на них, други расширения полностью останавливают страницу, изза чего такие кнопки не оторажаются, а это спокойно их выводит и удаляет Определённо 5 звёзд
- (2022-10-17) Peter Amir: Add ability to make an elements ( display: none; ) instead of removing it. I need this feautre bcz some sites has the same class or id name in different pages for different purposes.
- (2022-10-01) Martina “kizZz” Gómez Alfaro: I appreciate this extension as much as an adblocker. I needed this for my sanity. Thank you.
- (2022-09-05) Islam (LuixAS): the extension works well but it lags when I scroll through the page when using it, otherwise it works really well.
- (2022-08-28) lil matt19: god YouTube, google, amazon... all these out of touch corporations, they'll throw all this annoying eye cancer on their sites like ads, popups or dumb features they thought was needed it can all be gone. example: YouTube ruined their site when they added that "hover to play" thing on thumbnails. sure, i could see how it could be useful but then they added this animation to it and it was super distracting while browsing videos, so i removed it :)
- (2022-08-21) Seyed Muzaffar: You should be really proud of yourself for coding this amazing package. Seriously hats off to the developer(s).
- (2022-08-18) Всеволод Турков: Очень полезное расширение
- (2022-08-07) Musubi: Super extension, on peut sélectionné tout les élément que l'on veux retirer sur le site en question avec la possibilité d'enregistrer l'élément qu'on a retirer avec une case a coché pour retiré l'élément automatiquement, ça fonctionne sur tout le site pas que sur la page ou on retire l'élément c'est pas mal. je donne la note max.
- (2022-07-29) Bazinga the human: Works perfectly, Literally made my life happier
- (2022-07-24) Sparsh: Lovely
- (2022-07-21) Maximiliano Lucas: helps a lot, great extension!!!
- (2022-06-16) BMSworld nz: It's like turning The Internet into Bubblewrap, going around popping the ad elements but the only problem is, once you pop them, they're difficult to get back. One improvement I would like to see is a method to visually see what you've hidden on a page - like just now I accidentally blocked the main web element for Speedtest =|. Perhaps something as small as a momentary overlay, displayed over the element you've just blocked for a few seconds. This holds up the action of actually blocking the element, waiting till the visual aid overlay has vanished from over top of the element you've just removed. Thinking big here; another improvement would be to offer a paid tier to a aggregated blocked database by trusted users of the platform
- (2022-05-24) Chance Porter: Does what it says.
- (2022-05-09) Natan: Perfecta!!
- (2022-04-15) Luis Jarman Guedes: I was thinking of developing the same thing and then found yours with a simple search. Good job.
- (2022-03-26) Liang: very useful !
- (2022-03-22) Weskerend: This is amazing! I don't care about ads, I know how important they are, but once I suddenly started getting very unpleasant ads, and adblocker would trigger a lower functionality on this specific website. Thankfully I found this wonderful extension that hides the ad while also increasing the workspace available, without actually blocking the ads, win-win. Thank you very much!
- (2022-03-16) Paul Sijpkes: Doesn't work at all. Elements all return on page reload...
- (2022-01-31) Sh: Missing an option to export and import JSON data
- (2022-01-10) Rahul Sharma: Worked perfectly as advertised! Removed Youtube comments easily
- (2021-12-24) Rene Weiss: Thanks, I've been using this for a while and it's quite useful especially the "remember" function
- (2021-12-12) GoonCoon18: Does what it says and is very useful, but needs a settings page to manage the remembered removal patterns. Be careful when using this feature. I added a pattern that I didn't realize was used by every element on the site I used it for, so everytime I loaded any page on that site, EVERY element would get removed, and there was no way to edit that pattern (the extention's popup wouldn't even appear anymore after everything was removed). I had to uninstall and reinstall the extension.
- (2021-12-11) Oziel Garza: super useful, I use it everyday
- (2021-11-27) melisa kelie: Thank you ,it work
- (2021-11-16) Василий Васечкин: Please make ability to permanent remove all hidden elements!
- (2021-10-20) Hondolor: simple, functional, good
- (2021-10-19) adriel yehuda susanto: AWESOME ELEMENT REMOVER
- (2021-10-18) Chris Kxx: A great extension to clean up the web pages from annoying elements that I use daily. Great!!!
- (2021-10-12) CUISINED: Excellent! Your a Genius!! -- I find that can't remove objects that are under the "extension" like on the bottom right of the screen. otherwise it's absolutely masterpiece in todays browsers! :)
- (2021-09-29) crohammer: Do exactly what it should. I use it to remove annoying elements in a WebGui.
- (2021-09-22) Joma Bastos G P: ok5
- (2021-09-02) Winged Hussar: the best element blocker
- (2021-08-29) Mod Master: It worked great! It's the closest thing to what I'm looking for. (I'm looking for an extension that removes or edits things permanently, this extension only is missing the editing bit. But it never said that it had that feature, so 5 stars.)
- (2021-07-29) Umar Farooq: Awesome, thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. A tool that remembers whatever element I remove so it doesn't appear again. I've made a tutorial video about it and have linked to this extension in the description. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08N_xXJuqY) Thanks again!
- (2021-07-07) hiromu656: It's perfect. The recent feature to remember elements that you've chosen to remove is what made me finally leave a review. Great tool.
- (2021-07-04) WM AB: Fully useful extension! I'm loving using it! =D
- (2021-07-01) itw: One of the plugins that always get installed on dev account. Useful to remove extra elements before saving the page as PDF
- (2021-06-05) Always Be Writing: For some reason none of my ad blockers have the "remove element" option anymore. That led me to this, which handles the task much more intelligently. There's non tweaking or finding the right range of intensity to remove something, you just click it and POOF it's gone.
- (2021-06-04) 420 Gramas: works well for me
- (2021-05-20) Luqmanul Hakim: thankyou, so much usefull block to pop up annoying
- (2023-01-16, v:2.0.7) Tecnologia Da Informação: Can I export my selections, From regedit or archive?
Where is hidden information saved?
- (2022-11-07, v:2.0.6) Ellene Newman: How to Undelete?
I accidentally deleted the wrong element. How can I get it back? Is there a list of elements I've blocked somewhere?
- (2022-11-01, v:2.0.6) Shaan: Buy you coffee?
Love your extension. Allow me to say thank you.
- (2022-09-18, v:2.0.6) rope 로프 (Prime): Could you update to support file url access permission option?
I really need it with my offline page with loaded widgets. I wanted to hide some elements of a widget but I cant use it cos it doesnt support the file url access permission. So the function is really needed.
- (2022-08-22, v:2.0.6) Jenn King: Removing tooltips the popup on hover
Is there a trick to removing popup elements, such as tooltips, that only appear when the cursor is hovering over a nearby element? When I move the cursor away from the original element to select the tooltip element for removal in CTRE, the tooltip closes before I can select it.
- (2022-06-04, v:2.0.6) Michael K: Is there an undo function?
If i accidentally deleted something, is there a way to undo it?
- (2022-05-16, v:2.0.6) Sid Bratkovich: Clicking the lower right corner
There is a page that has an element in the lower right corner. I want to remove it, but the click to remove window covers the object (and, yes, I minimized the interface, but the remaining piece is still covering the object).
- (2022-03-21, v:2.0.6) Kyle Morley: Can I export my selections?
A friend would like to import my selections for a particular website
- (2022-01-22, v:2.0.6) Christos B: Limit
Is there a limit to how many elements you can remove?
- (2021-08-28, v:2.0.6) Kevin Schmidt: How to undelete an element?
I accidentally removed the wrong element from a Youtube page. Now the element is missing on all Youtube pages. How do I reverse the removal?
- (2021-08-22, v:2.0.6) Brian Young: Share Specific Elements I've Removed with Rest of Team
Hi, I am on a team at work and have taken the past few days removing elements from a website. Your extension has been extremely helpful. The removed elements that are saved in my extension, I would like to transfer those to the rest of our team so they can also use the extension without having to spend all the work I did of removing all the elements. Is there a way to share the saved elements I have removed with the rest of my team in their "Click to Remove Element" extension on their laptops? Thank you
- (2021-04-11, v:2.0.6) Torgeir Andresen Klevstuen: Temporary disable the extension
Hi, should be possible to toggle the extension on and off.
- (2021-02-18, v:2.0.6) Maurice Verdonk: Does not allow for permanent remove on this site?
Okay this extension is working on just about every website. But when I remove a element on this website ... https://www.weerplaza.nl/nederland/ Then I do not get that little screen on the bottom right where I can set it to "Permanent", So when I refresh the page the element I want to remove is back?
- (2021-01-08, v:2.0.6) nU8K: Please add CSS declaration property "outline" with value "!important" when hovering element
There exist website that disable CSS property outline by using "outline: none !important", so this extension becomes blind when want to remove some elements. Here is an example website: https://sspai.com/post/56391
- (2020-12-05, v:2.0.6) Worthy Pearl apps & fun: Is your extension is Data Hider or Internet Data Plan Saver
When some of the HD Graphics and ads on a webpage stopped with the help of your extension work, will this thing help to save my internet plan.
- (2020-07-20, v:2.0.6) Mauro Rattazzi: The extension no more work
The extension don't appear into de cascading menu when I click on a whatever web page, since the last release. Is there any way to fix it? The extension always worked fine before.
- (2020-07-18, v:2.0.6) Clayton Fabiano: Option to toggle hide or show again
Instead of only remove element, could have an option to toggle hide or show again, in per site basis.
- (2020-07-17, v:2.0.6) Luke Hamburg: View list of permanently blocked elements?
Hi Matus, (Thanks for your amazing work) The other day I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why certain portions of a site were not displaying in Chrome. I finally realized I must have accidentally deleted them in "permanent" mode. Is there any way to view a global list of all permanently removed elements so I can clear the list if needed?
- (2020-07-13, v:2.0.6) Simon Ghoul: It seems like you can't delete elements with classes that contain spaces.
Facebook profiles have a section that looks like the following: "#timeline_tab_content .clearfix _ikh _3-8y ._4bl7 _3-91". This tag contains a space and doesn't work. When I try to edit an element detected by the extension and change it to that, it doesn't work. The alternative to this is "#u_0_13 .\_5ss8" but the id number always changes.
- (2020-06-05, v:2.0.6) Patrick Kent: Extension cannot be interacted with in any way
I used it to hide one element, and then tried to close the extension, and clicking X does nothing. Also "remember" doesn't work either, nor does edit. Indeed, no action within the panel is active. So I have to reload the page, and the element I hid (autoplay video) is back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same issue occurs. I'll come back in a little while and try it again, hopefully it's something temporary, because I really like the extension. Installed version, if it helps: Version 83.0.4103.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-05-02, v:2.0.5) Thurston IsOnlyANickName: "Click to remove element" dialog box fixed location
The "Click to remove element" dialog box appears to be fixed to the lower right corner of a browser window. As the the most likely location of an annoying screen element is the lower right portion of the the screen, this fixed location is inconvenient and in some cases unusable. I suggest that you make the "Click to remove element" dialog box drag-able within the browser window.
- (2020-04-14, v:2.0.4) Rowan Cavanagh: Toggle shortcut off
Cmd + Shift + X is the shortcut to apply strikethrough in Google Docs. But this extension overrides that. Not that I use that shortcut much, I'd love the ability to turn it off in here.
- (2020-03-27, v:2.0.4) Tim Bluhm: hotkey broken
Ctrl + Shift + 'X' pins tabs in chrome for me instead of opening the extension. I wonder if there is a conflict with a chrome update? Please fix! Thanks!
- (2020-03-20, v:2.0.4) William Furr: Doesn't seem to work anymore, No current window, cannot read property 'id'
Doesn't work anymore. Clicking or ctrl-shift-x does nothing. When I switch tabs, I see these errors show up in the background page console for the extension: http://google3/third_party/sketchology/engine/public/sengine.h
- (2020-03-17, v:2.0.4) Gekke Floepsie: please make permanent option multi select
Would be great if you make the checkboxes multi select ;) example: TAB is next checkbox en space = select. Regards
- (2019-12-21, v:2.0.4) j t: Partial ID Matching
"#z1256495194-ps > div > a > img" So the "z1256495194" part is the random. How do I do partial id matching??
- (2019-11-16, v:2.0.4) Dalibor Pospíšil: make it work on touchscreen without permanent keyboard
Make the popup dialog interactive by clicking on it, not just via keyboard. On an android device click on the element does not cause it to be removed but it just selects it. There's no way to remove it or go up/down in the hierarchy. Making the hiararchy clickable and adding a button for actually removing the element would solve the issue.
- (2019-10-16, v:2.0.4) Roger Levy: Remove the popup
I find it ironic that an extension for removing elements brings up a big corner popup every time you turn it on. It covers any fixed elements you might want to remove. At least, could it be made to remember that you want it minimized when you turn it on?
- (2019-08-25, v:2.0.4) Ryz 78: enable backup setting
please enable backup & restore feature
- (2019-07-25, v:2.0.4) Ibrahim Patel: Inquiry
Have you developed or are aware of similar tools to remove elements/objects from Android applications? Thanks!
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.4) W.F. Heldmyer: Select All and Money...
When selecting a number of items to be removed, it can be tedious to click each "remember" button. A "check/uncheck all" would be very nice. Also! Where can I contribute to the cause? Your work is high-quality, functional, intuitive and has happy results! You should have some dough, says I!
- (2019-07-16, v:2.0.4) Keith D.: How to fix one issue I have with the extension
A suggestion on how to fix one of the two issues I sometimes have with the extension. The little modal overlay window, despite being moved to the bottom right corner and now having a minimize option, even though the minimized version pretty tiny now, is that it still sometimes interferes with me being able to remove the desired element from the page. If possible, can you make the modal move out of the way of the mouse when it's in select mode? Or have the location user-configurable, or have the modal dragable so I can move it if it's ever in my way? Making it so it can be moved would clear up one of the two annoying gripes that I still sometimes encounter with it. Otherwise it's quite brilliant!
- (2019-05-08, v:2.0.2) Boyd: Default Remember
I really like the extension and I am using it on just about every page I visit. But I noticed that after I remove an element I have go down to the box in the corner and click "remember" for each element. Is there anyway to have that as the default, meaning it is always checked to remember? I could just uncheck stuff I don't want too. That would be much more helpful. Also, yes, would be nice to see a list of blocked elements so you can remove one you put on by mistake.
- (2019-04-22, v:2.0.2) Alex B: Clicking to remove just opens ads
When I click an ad with the extension on, the ad simply opens. Perhaps implement an option to delete the element with a key as well as clicking?
- (2019-03-05, v:2.0.2) Ahmad Younis: Please return the undo function!!
Undo function in the new version stopped working clicking CMD + Z / CTRL + Z is no longer working, if I delete elements by mistake I have no way to get them back but to reload the whole page which is really not effective, please fix!
- (2019-02-19, v:2.0.2) Adrian Thomas-Prestemon: Needs a way to manually specify/modify a CSS string to block
Often, generated elements (with pop up vides and other annoying cruft) have randomly-generated CSS classes, or have a normal class with randomly-generated strings appended, making this extension useless for blocking that particular element between page loads.