Force New Tab Running In Background
Force New Tab Running In Background !!!Support of all Link/Tab/Flash!!! Description: Normally, Each click on a link that wants to open a new tab will ACTIVE THE NEW TAB Now, After install this extension, the new tab will RUNNING IN BACKGROUND Feedback: https://github.com/monque/ChromeExtension-ForceBackgroundTab/issues ---------------------------------------- version 2.2.0 New feature: With the new rule management, users can set whether a site open in background or not version 2.1.5 Using chrome.storage instead of localStorage, options will sync with google account version 2.1.4 Add support for Chrome 79 https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#property-Tab-pendingUrl version 2.1.3 Add chrome-extension:// to exception list version 2.1.2 Revert to version 2.1.0, that the version without moentizus file version 2.1.0 Performance improved Add new rules to exception list version 2.0.5 Sorry for the hotfix caming late bugfix:add NEWTAB's url of chrome version 30.x to exception list version 2.0.4 bugfix:add chrome-search:// to exception list version 2.0.3 bugfix:fix the problem that open 2 tabs in background when making 1 click bugfix:remove the active mode for the bug above, also means it may be a FLASH when you openning a new tab version 2.0.1,2.0.2 bugfix:fix the problem that open 2 identical tabs when using Google Reader version 2.0.0 improved:improve the efficiency in passive mode feature:add active mode to prevent the FLASH when open a new tab version 1.12.0 bugfix:when Chrome first open the extension can not work improved:update some API method because deprecated version 1.11 improved:update Manifest_Version to version 2, and fix script to fit new version
- (2022-09-02) Agent G of B.I.T.S: I have used this for a while, only to realise that it effectively hijacks your Google search results with unwanted ads, and they link to unsafe sites. I only saw this due to the removal of software that had been silently blocking this extensions activity as malicious. This extension is malware by any definition- DO NOT INSTALL IT! The developer is clearly a deceitful scumbag.
- (2022-07-15) Magnus Hansson: Great extension, does what it is supposed to do.
- (2022-06-07) רון שטראוס: Works great (except for the slightly jarring instant transition, but that's what chrome's API can allow), and maintains your privacy. Only had to figure out how to write exceptions - you need to write the full URL. Thank you :)
- (2022-05-27) Sunny -: great!
- (2022-05-03) Danny Duan: 非常好，但是对书签无效哦，可以点书签也后台打开吗？谢谢！ 另外，顺讯好像是打开在前面的。
- (2022-04-28) Scrapers〘N〙Bots: AWESOME. This is great because at https://www.scrapersnbots.com we share to multiples share sites when we post new content. This extension, which makes it so new tabs open but DONT get focus, allow us to now click to share at multiple sites without having to keep clicking back to the original tab meaning, tabs open in the BACKGROUND without being in front or getting focus. GREAT EXTENSION!!
- (2022-03-12) tom John: 牛逼，真的可以，可以舍弃 for 循环了，for 循环太快了，有时候还容易弄乱标签的位置，这个真的好，感谢作者！~
- (2022-01-25) Ocea Peniel: good
- (2021-06-04) Triet (Growth). Truong Minh: Works well on my Chrome. Would like this to be a built-in setting.
- (2021-04-05) Daniel Carrick: When I added this extension some sites got pop under ads, when I removed the extension they stopped.
- (2021-02-04) A Raccoon: Nice filtering options. Sadly, this extension cannot keep up with opening a slew of new tabs all at once. It will give up and land on a random newly-opened tab. I am using a bookmarklet to open a dozen tabs at a time from selected links on a page, rapidly.
- (2020-11-30) Christos: not working in latest chrome
- (2020-10-24) 逆圣: 满足了我的需求
- (2020-06-30) Ashley Glenday: The extension that should be a setting. I'm glad someone made it.
- (2020-03-24) Bradon Liu: GOOD
- (2020-02-22) Gustaf Sjöblom: It does what it says, BUT it also changes all your search results to ads. Conclusion, it is good for reducing new tabs opening in the foreground in about the same way that getting visited by an arsonist is good for solving the problem of a creaking floor.
- (2020-01-31) Tim Marshall: SEEMS to be working, tho the tabs I tested still took a second to load, so I cant be sure. I can't tell you HOW IMPORTANT background loading of tabs is to people with ADHD. If we have to wait for a tab to load, good chances are we will get distracted into doing something else. This adds to the chaos. I wish Chrome would give people the option of background loading of tabs as a setting.
- (2020-01-21) Ryan _wpi: stopped working all of sudden
- (2020-01-21) kevin vitug: Thank you for fixing the chrome bug! always a pleasure to make our lives easier.
- (2020-01-19) Kai Pfannenstiel: Thank you for the January 2020 update!
- (2020-01-19) Christine C: Thank you to the dev for fixing the issue with the new chrome update!
- (2020-01-04) Yeechang Lee: I use this to get new tabs from Feedly to appear in the background, since "Feedly Background Tab" doesn't work right. The blinking is noticeable, but better than not having the tab open in the background at all. That said, an option to have the extension only activate on certain domains would be very welcome. EDIT: As of late 2019, using this with "New Tab Redirect" and enabling "Always update tab, not redirect" causes the current tab to be selected when opening a new tab manually. This means that when that new tab is closed, so is the current one. This is new behavior, presumably caused by a recent change to Chrome, as another extension with functionality similar to "Force Background Tab" causes the same issue. Disabling "Always update tab" fixes this issue, but that means that focus remains on the current tab when opening a new one manually, which is not what I want.
- (2019-12-23) Chivalryx: Worked great until the last few weeks. For some reason it's decided to background a tab when I manually open a new blank tab. Something it excluded before.
- (2019-12-20) Chrome Administrator (Admin): Hi Yuchen, First of all, thank you very much for creating such a useful extension. Unfortunately, since the last Chrome update, this extension now forces even tabs opened by clicking on the 'New Tab' button in the Tab bar to open in background. Could you please fix this? Thanks.
- (2019-12-18) Tony T: Recently the functionality changed. Links opened in new tabs are still forced into the background, which is good. However, it used to not force new blank tabs to the background. Suddenly it does now. I prefer to open new tabs (ctrl+T) and begin typing into the address bar immediately, rather than having to move to the new tab first. There are no options to adjust which tabs are forced to the background, so I will be uninstall for now.
- (2019-11-27) Lance Jordan: Sucks. Doesn't do ANYTHING in Chrome.
- (2019-11-26) zhiying jia: Awesome! It solved my problem that brothered me for a long time.
- (2019-11-06) 王雪涵: 为什么不好使
- (2019-11-01) Lee Junfeng: great, exactly the same as I need.
- (2019-09-08) Anton Nimos: It works in Chrome and Brave.
- (2019-08-14) FamKis: Superb! Finally, links e.g. from Gmail open in the background!
- (2019-08-11) Kamil R: God bless for this extension! Finally stop anoying popunders when i click on video
- (2019-06-17) Stand Steel: amazing ,exactly what i was looking for,where CTRL + Click fails this succeeds,i've download the CRX to it save with my other unicorn extensions ,the web can't be trusted what's here today is gone tomorrow
- (2019-05-06) R C: It doesn't work at all in my chrome (windows 10)
- (2019-04-28) b zhao: ilove it
- (2019-03-18) weixi he: why not allow user select running new tab on background or front with click mouse only.like "Tab Position Options" is work since 2015 to new
- (2019-02-22) Rhusselle Rivera: thank you simple but very helpful..works great on vivaldi
- (2019-02-09) Andy Wallisch: This was one of a couple things that prevented me from migrating from Firefox to Chrome. Great extension. Thanks.
- (2019-01-24) Darko Matterus: Oh thank god for this. There are some sites that block using middle button to open links, which means the need to left click links, that open new tabs and switch to them. This addon thankfully changes that =) Easy to enable and disable easily too, without having to disable the addon every time =D Thanks!
- (2018-12-08) Миша Хантер: It works fine in Chrome, but does not in Opera. Please, fix this.
- (2018-11-20) Nelson Martinho: Works great on W7 Chrome 70.0.3538.102 32B
- (2018-10-29) No funciona en la ultima version (70.0.3538.77)
- (2018-10-29) Hinata Love: It doesn't work at all in my browser
- (2018-10-15) Madison Knight: Very basic and does the job. Glad someone made it.
- (2018-07-17) 小狼獾: no blink at all, nicely done.
- (2018-07-15) Pennywise: Doesn't work. That's my full review.
- (2018-06-11) moi lois: sorry it does not worked on my CHROMEBOOK. May be it is releated to the website because in my case the Familysearch.org deactivate the background tab but ancestry.ca don't. I was hoping with your extension it will keep background tab of familysearch active. for example i can open 3 tab on ancestry.ca and 3 tab on familysearch and then all the background of ancestry are open and ready and only the open tab of familysearch is completely loaded after a while.
- (2018-04-18) Алексей None: Thanks! Very long searched for such an extension! Thank you very much!!!
- (2018-04-12) DrHitman27: White list would be nice.
- (2018-03-31) 陈芳: 不错
- (2022-08-14, v:2.2.0) Mike verd: не работает
не работает в хром
- (2020-09-12, v:2.2.0) Sam Hobbs: Documentation
Where is the documentation? How do the rules work? Specifically, how do I get https://mail.google.com to open in the "background" when the option is set to "Default"?
- (2020-08-15, v:2.2.0) Chris Attard: Rulles not working
Global working perfectly but rules not working i tried to add certain links and checked background but without success
- (2020-04-22, v:2.2.0) Mickey S.: It doesn't work anymore...
After the latest updates, it needs to go to Options to turn on an off... Please fix... Thank u
- (2020-01-22, v:2.2.0) MetroGru: my first time to use the extension is it working?
nothing happens when i select force background...
- (2019-12-20, v:2.1.3) Eric Raymond: New Tab is no longer in the whitelist
In Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88, creating a new tab via Command-T goes to the baxkground. Can this be (re-)whitelisted?
- (2019-12-12, v:2.1.3) Dan Shterev: New tab opening at background
Since Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 when clicking the plus sign to open new tab, the tab opens at the background which is really annoying. Can this be fixed?
- (2018-08-14, v:2.1.3) Can leave focus on active tab?
- (2018-08-14, v:2.1.3) Background tab issue
Hi, I raised a Stackoverflow about your add-on if you want to take a look. Thanks! :) https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51760490/open-new-tab-in-background-leaving-focus-on-current-tab-chrome
- (2017-11-26, v:2.1.3) Matthew Waddell: Whitelisting
It would be nice if you were to add a whitelisting feature, so that specific webpages that you allow will still open new tabs actively.
- (2017-03-12, v:2.1.1) Murk: Vivaldi new tab
Hi, I like very much this addon you did a nice work on. You can add vivald newpage to white list as you did with google chrome. when I open new tab (ctrl+t) the "force background tab" force this new tab in background too.
- (2017-03-11, v:2.1.1) Gary Katsevman: New Permissions
Today's update now requires a new permissions "read and change all your data on the websites you visit", why? It previously was just fine with just the tabs permissions.
- (2016-11-15, v:2.1.0) Daniel Faust: Middle mouse button
so this basically forces the left mouse button to behave like a middle mouse button press? Doesn't make sense to me.
- (2016-04-18, v:2.1.0) Yasir Al-Agl: Privileges
Why do you need to read browsing history?
- (2015-12-18, v:2.1.0) Mark Davies: Enquiry
If I click on a link in an email am I correct in saying I am supposed to stay in my email client? And does my email have to be tabbed?
- (2015-08-23, v:2.1.0) Rajiv Pardiwala: Open new tab at end
Can you create an option to open the new tab at the end of the current list of tabs? I tested the code below in the background.js file and your extension now opens at the end also: http://privatepaste.com/b3a6f1d25f thanks!
- (2015-08-12, v:2.1.0) George B. Moga: Blocks links in Feedbin
Works great on some sites, but in my RSS reader (Feedbin) it completely blocks opening links, either through keyboard shortcuts or by clicking. It only works if I right-click a link and select 'open'. Because of this it's unusable for me.