Open Feedly Links in Background Tab using shortcut key
Are you a power user of Feedly - but just wish the 'v' key would open tabs in the background? This extension is for you! Now, when you are viewing articles in list view, press ';' and the new tab opens in the background. Or, if you'd like, customize your shortcut key in the options. Now supports Cloudly, including PRO!
- (2021-07-24) Takashi Asada: It's very useful, but most keys are bound on the feedly side. I need a list of available keys.
- (2021-02-22) afvasc: Not working normal anymore. Only works when an article is open ('o' and then hotkey).
- (2021-02-08) Александр Хилиниченко: Does not work any more
- (2021-01-27) Pius Lee: Seems to have stopped working end of 2020
- (2021-01-16) Amanda Kennedy: Stopped working for me, I have tried reassigning the shortcut, to no avail
- (2021-01-14) Satoshi Tagomori: This extension had worked well, but recently started opening the first article of the feed whenever we open any articles.
- (2020-09-15) Luke Herbert-Andersen: Great little extension, I have loved it for many years. BUT.. has it suddenly stopped working for anyone else or is it just me?
- (2017-08-12) Jordan Cohen: Super simple yet so helpful feature! And thanks so much Aaron for fixing the issue that recently popped up!
- (2016-10-08) Steven Daycak: Any chance that there could be an options to make feeds automatically open in the background with a regular mouse click instead of a hotkey? The default way I use feedly is like this, so it'd help me and I'm sure some others out as well!
- (2016-08-30) This extension is so awesome! I use it everyday. I wish the publisher would make this extension work on Firefox as well.
- (2016-08-23) Vasiliy Fedoseev: Excellent!
- (2016-08-22) Travis Meidell: Just stopped working and I can't seem to figure out why.
- (2016-08-22) Felicia Charlotte Wells: stopped working today, doesn't do anything at key press. you broke it with this update?
- (2016-07-04) Does what it says. Handy
- (2015-09-21) Tay Kasemtanakul: I'd have loved the option to auto "mark as read" the opening tab as well. Anyway, good job on the extension :)
- (2015-09-15) Michael Bæk: Sparer et højreklik. Ikke revolutionerende, men rart i dagligdagen.
- (2015-07-08) Rafael Miranda: Very good!
- (2015-03-30) Does exactly as described
- (2014-06-21) Joshua Mermelstein: This extensions addresses a gap in feedly's keyboard shortcuts. It would be nice if it had an option to mark as read when opening in the background though.
- (2014-03-27) Dale Davies: Works like a charm.
- (2014-02-05) Hòa Khánh: doesn't work for me ???
- (2014-01-27) Alexandros Mittos: Doesn't seem to work :/
- (2013-11-27) Jonny Dover: Outstanding! It's my primary way of dealing with Feedly. Thanks dude! The dev also pushes timely updates when Feedly breaks things. Pro level!
- (2013-11-26) Rob Avina: Usually this has been great, but as of today it has ceased to work. eidut: next morning, and FBT asked for new permissions, and seems to be working again! good show.
- (2013-11-26) Thanks for the quick fix to version 0.6 to fix the new Feedly url! --- Highly necessary and useful extension. I don't know why it isn't built in to Feedly directly.
- (2013-11-26) Rok Biderman: Stopped working for me as well. Some changes at Feedly obviously, otherwise does what it says nicely.
- (2013-11-26) Mark Hewitt: Normally great, but has stopped working today - changes at Feedly maybe?
- (2013-10-19) Cleitton Motta: Boa
- (2013-08-08) Yeechang Lee: Sadly, the extension suffers from focus issues. Unless the user actually clicks on the Feedly item to set focus (even if the item is open), the extension might not trigger and the tab won't appear.
- (2013-08-07) Andrew Dakin: Great extension. Must have.
- (2013-07-19) Justin Winokur: It works well but I have two major issues: (1) It doesn't mark as read when I open in the background (2) It opens the new tab at the end instead of next to the current page as it would if you used your mouse to open in background (or just the v) Still. Beggars can't (or at least shouldn't) be choosers so thanks for the free app!
- (2013-07-02) ron brinkmann: Hopefully feedly just makes this a user-choice option but in the meantime thanks Aaron for creating this!!!
- (2013-07-02) Ed Gatzke: Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Works fine with default ; as shortcut key.
- (2021-01-20, v:0.13) Jordan Cohen: Shortcut opens top article instead of selected article
Same issue as others reported recently, but hitting the shortcut no longer opens the selected article as a background tab. It instead opens the first article in the list in a background tab.
- (2021-01-14, v:0.13) David Zhu: Not working for a while
I think for about a week this hasn't been working properly. When pressing ";" on any of the articles it will always open the "top" article instead of the "currently selected" article. I suspect Feedly changed something but this will need to be updated to fix
- (2021-01-13, v:0.13) Brent Wagner: Functionality Broke as of 1/12/21
I swear by this extension, and as of yesterday, it has been broken. I expect that a change by Feedly is the issue, but I am not any sort of software developer to help.
- (2021-01-12, v:0.13) Matthew Exley: Recent update means I can't open links from Title-only view; articles need to be opened for extension to work.
- (2019-03-29, v:0.13) Mark Evans: No longer works
I'm not quite sure what has changed. I've been using your great extension for years (as I'm a Feedly\RSS junkie) but suddenly it's stopped working. I just updated Chrome, and it worked once, and then stopped, so it's a very odd issue. I'm on Chrome version: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit). It might just be me, but I can't seem to work out why.
- (2017-08-08, v:0.12) feedly has changed something
extension now opens first article in feed, not article being read. ?
- (2017-08-06, v:0.12) かく: Article view issue
now feedly renew full article view, when press the select button of backgroundtab function in article view mode, it will always open the first article. Hope you can fix this problem in the article view mode. thx
- (2017-02-20, v:0.12) Chris Williams: Causing reload of feedly page when used
Using Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) on Windows 10. When I use the extension, it opens the link in a background tab, but the feedly main page full-reloads.
- (2017-01-02, v:0.12) Marek: Open all unread items?
This works well but could there be another key to open ALL unread items in background tabs instead of having to go through them one by one?
- (2016-12-10, v:0.12) Steven Daycak: Open in background by default?
Is there a way to add an option to just open tabs in the background by default? This is what I always do, without fail so it'd help myself (and I'm sure at least some others) out
- (2016-11-17, v:0.11) K N: Broken agein
Having the issue with 0.11 with Chrome 54.0.2840.93 on Chromebook.
- (2016-11-15, v:0.11) Amanda Kennedy: stopped working!
- (2016-11-14, v:0.11) Diego Mijelshon: Broken again today
Feedly deployed some changes today. The extension is not working.
- (2016-08-29, v:0.11) taturou: Working!
Today, this extension came to work on Chrome portable 52.0.2743.82 (64bit). Thank you very much. My life must have this extension!