Simple extension to apply Gmail Classic/Old theme to new Gmail.
You can no longer switch to Gmail Classic, however we have a solution! This is a CSS based theme for new Gmail. By installing this, you will be able to switch back to gmail classic. We were able to match 90%+ of the user interface. Gmail Classic Theme/Extension changes the following: - Action buttons - Contrast (white versus gray) - Brings back Gmail Classic folder structure - Replaces Compose button with classic button - Adjusts line spacing for better readability - Changes font to Arial (instead of Roboto) - Adjusts overall layout - much more! *IMPORTANT: No changes will be made to your gmail. This is simple chrome extension which works as a theme. This is a new project that we've taken on. Please be patient with us. If you find any issues, email us and we'll get those corrected. -- Change Log 11/02/2018 Fixed search bar width -- Change Log 10/28/2018 Updated Boomerang PAUSE button UI Corrected button border for TEXT type buttons Corrected SPAM folder buttons -- Change Log 10/25/2018 Corrected buttons (no more gap) Corrected Boomerang button -- Change Log 10/11/2018 Reduced size of top header Removed shadow from border between messages Corrected label font size -- Change Log 10/10/2018 Disabled uncolored folder color (was black before)
- (2021-06-20) Hasib Imam: Can you make it so when there is gmail background the colors doesnt get weird?
- (2021-03-20) Bob Khan: I love this. Just one small problem,if i use a color background, there is a see through white strip at the top but with a plain white background it is fine.
- (2018-12-04) Anthony Pilkjaer: Too broken to be used. Gmail interface became totally unusable
- (2018-11-26) Tom Farmer: Thank you! The only visible thing I see "broken" is when you collapse the side menu with the hamburger menu. It still shows the icons and half of the Compose button when the menu is collapsed.
- (2018-11-23) BodyCafe NZ: Awesome lifesaving extension, thanks team! That giant bold Roboto font was giving me a headache and along with the unnecessary label icons made the inbox look like a big screaming mess... Seriously Google? would it have been so hard to let us choose the layout we prefer?!...
- (2018-11-21) Everything's Shiny: Just found a bug - it is not expanding some of my labels - these are for ones which have a lot of sub labels. It says "There are no messages with this label:. There is no workaround at present other than disable the extension. Please fix. So much better than the new Gmail abomination. Any chance you can fix the new "improved" Tasks functionality where they no longer support nested Tasks? Or is there another addon anywhere for this?
- (2018-11-21) jesse zhao: A great plugin to restore original UI. the new Gmail UI just SUCKs.
- (2018-11-19) TTeK SySTeMS: This Classic Gmail theme is just what the doctor ordered. Clearly shows how Google's new format pales in comparison to Classic Gmail. Google should fire their Gmail design team and hire the Agile inbox development team. Highly recommend this theme. Looking forward to future enhancements.
- (2018-11-14) Getting rid of the hover action over the check box and star icon in the message list would make it better.
- (2018-11-05) FamKis: Button text is almost invisible: https://i.imgur.com/diiyQZh.png
- (2018-10-28) Wojciech Basisty: Niewielkie zmiany, gmail nadal działa powoli i wygląda brzydko
- (2018-10-18) Zechariah Rogers: Unfortunately it doesn't work at all for me. Breaks the view almost entirely.
- (2018-10-17) Микита Бульба: It conflicts with gmail themes. picture: i.imgur (dot) com/kxQIqTz.png
- (2018-10-17) Ronald Murray: Great extension.
- (2018-10-17) Ronald Peters: Works Great!
- (2018-10-17) Evelyn Bailey: Just great app. nothing like it
- (2018-10-17) Benjamin Scott: Best
- (2018-10-17) Victoria Franklin: works wonderfully
- (2018-10-17) Bruce Perkins: Very helpful, simple to use. I love it.
- (2018-10-17) Samuel Gilbert: well done guys!!!
- (2018-10-17) Patricia Brewer: A very useful extension.......love it...thanks developers.
- (2018-10-17) Aaron Hawkins: I really like this extension.
- (2018-10-17) John Martin: It does exactly what i was looking for
- (2018-10-16) Michael Berman: Almost perfect - and 100000000 times better than the nauseating layout gmail pushed out as an update Anyway to fix an issue where new messages don't stay bolded? When a new message comes in, the text is the same as read messages
- (2018-10-15) Mildred Bennett: It works very well, 100% recommended.
- (2018-10-15) Michael Bradley: its excellent
- (2018-10-15) Elizabeth Edwards: i'm soo happy cz this tools service is great .
- (2019-07-29, v:0.1.3.11) Matt Norriss: No Sub-folder drop down button.
I can't recall if this happened just recently or not but currently with the Gmail classic extension enabled I can't access sub-folders, there is no button to drop the sub folders down. Work around for time being is to disable the extension where I can access the sub folders again, keep them permanently open and re-enable the extension.
- (2018-11-26, v:0.1.3.11) Tom Farmer: "Broken" left menu
The only visible thing I see "broken" is when you collapse the side menu with the hamburger menu. It still shows the icons and half of the Compose button when the menu is collapsed.
- (2018-11-21, v:0.1.3.11) Everything's Shiny: Not expanding some of my labels
This is for labels which have a lot of sub labels (around 50). It says "There are no messages with this label. There is no workaround at present other than disable the extension.
- (2018-10-19, v:0.1.3) Neal Wolff: Inline reply box border disappears/absent
The frame disappears from the in-line reply window when using the "Tree" theme from Google. It (sometimes) appears again if you go to another window https://imgur.com/5tEkVWA Thanks, great implementation
- (2018-10-17, v:0.1.3) A beginner's question: how to use the extension?
I installed the extension in Chrome, opened Gmail, but I don't see any difference. Do I have to go to "settings" or "themes" or anything in order to activate the Classic extension?
- (2018-10-16, v:0.1.3) Edmund Ondez: Foldera and sub Folders
Hello Can u update that the main folder and sub folders to close down and open up? It doesnt work.
- (2018-10-15, v:0.1.3) Superplay64: Button Coloring Issue With Custom Themes
So, I don't know if this is caused by the plugin alone or not, but my custom theme causes the upper buttons' text to become white and hardly readable. (https://bit.ly/2OYhrTf) The default theme works just fine, so I know it's with my own theme. If this isn't fixable due to themes like this being custom and highly variable, that's fine, I just might have to pick a different image, but I did want to bring it up in case it actually is a resolvable issue. Otherwise this plugin is awesome! Thanks, -SP64
- (2018-10-14, v:0.1.3) Matt Norriss: Classic Bookmarks?
Hi, I'm so glad to have found your extension for classic Gmail, it is perfect. I was wondering if you had any plans to do a classic bookmarks? A classic Gmail and Bookmarks would be so great! Look forward to any news... Cheers!
- (2018-10-12, v:0.1.3) m Long: Label Colour Reset
Hi, Label colours will not reset to "removed". From the last bug report, I tested using the label colours, but now if I try to removed them, when I hit refresh, they default back to the first colour I used.
- (2018-10-12, v:0.1.3) Sierras Blaze: like your extension! question-how to re arrange buttons along top ie; spam/delete/archive etc.? Thanks!
like your extension! question-how to re arrange buttons along top ie; spam/delete/archive etc.? Thanks!