Compare User Profiles in Salesforce
DO NOT INSTALL! DOES NOT WORK... NEED HELP TO FIX THIS! Reach out to me if you can.. thanks!! Compare Salesforce user profiles and see all differences in just four clicks! This extension can compare any two salesforce profiles (could be from same org or different orgs) and highlights all the differences. 8th Feb 2015 FIX UPDATE: Received a lot of complaints reg. differences not showing up. Investigated this and the root cause seemed to be the empty data cells in certain sections on the profile. This is now fixed and should work in all the orgs. Please let me know if you still face any issues. Steps to compare profile: First of all you need to make sure that the "Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface" setting is disabled in your org. This extension will work only if this setting is "unchecked". To disable this setting, goto Setup -> Customize -> User Interface Under "Setup" section you should see the setting "Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface". Please uncheck it and then save the settings. 1. Open up a profile on salesforce. This is your source profile. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Source Profile" button. This tells the extensions that this is your "source profile" 2. After that, open up another profile (could be from same org or different org). This is your target profile. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Target Profile" button. This tells the extensions that this is your "source profile" 3. The extension would compare the "source" and "target" profile that you had selected and then show you the count of differences that were found (all the settings on the target page which did not match the settings on the source page). On the target profile page, it would highlight all the fields (in red) where the differences were found. You might want to scroll through the entire page to find out in which section the differences were found. Still working on providing section names in the message. The following settings from the profile page would be compared: - Custom App Settings - Standard Tab Settings - Custom Tab Settings - Standard Record Type Settings - Custom Record Type Settings - Administrative Permissions - General User Permissions - Standard Object Permissions - Custom Object Permissions - Connected App Access - Service Provider Acess - Apex Class Access - Visualforce Page Access Do recommend the extension with you friends and colleagues if you like it. Also, if you like the extension, please don't forget to Rate it on the Chrome Extension Webstore. Feedback/Suggestions/Ideas/Comments most welcome. Thanks again and I hope this extension saves your time and makes you more productive! For any queries: [email protected]
- (2019-08-08) Debra Berard: Useless. Doesn't do a thing.
- (2019-03-29) Davide Franzini: Not a bad extension.. If only it works
- (2019-01-24) Priya Teddy: I had lot of expectation on this app in terms of comparing the profiles but looks like it does not work at all as mentioned in the product description steps. I see from recent comments that Rajiv mentioned the function was broken due to chrome upgrade. But irrespective of what the source or target everything is in RED with src: Not Defined. Not sure if this can be fixed from your end or we just have to remove this extension.
- (2018-12-03) Melany Hawkins: Doesn't do anything... I can see all the past comments suggesting a fix is needed. Is one planned? Thank you.
- (2018-09-21) Doug Fiorani: Doesn't allow me to select target page
- (2018-04-19) Piyush soni: not working
- (2017-12-14) siddharth birari: A big waste of time. Doesn't works at all. User is unable to select the target profile. What would it compare with. Looks like the user giving this app 5 star rating are your good friends and rated this app blindly.
- (2017-12-08) Svetlana Shenderov: Did not work for me. I could not set up Target. Unchecked Enhanced... Profile Interface and it did not help
- (2017-10-07) Cal Steele: Does not work, the select target button does nothing.
- (2017-06-09) David Duffield: Tool does not work.
- (2017-05-23) No longer works.
- (2017-05-22) ranjini jn: it doesnt work
- (2017-04-13) Sudhir Kumar: Not working at all. Its a good tool to use for day to day deployment
- (2017-03-16) M. Shiv Kumar: Select target button doesnot work
- (2017-01-23) Julie Rowland: Doesn't work, there is no help documentation
- (2017-01-18) Brian Hopkins: Does not work for me. Clicking the "Target" button does nothing.
- (2017-01-13) Preetam Thandra: Its not working as expected , Showing the elements in red which are need not to be compared .
- (2016-12-22) Amit Rana: Its not doing anything. I have just waste my time.
- (2016-12-01) Lee Beardshaw: Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. When selecting the source page, I get a message saying successful but then when I got to the target page, the app closes.
- (2016-11-10) benedikt herudek: selection target doesnt work
- (2016-10-18) Rens Verhagen: Doesn't work, can't select target source!
- (2016-09-16) Frank Kibbish: If I scroll down the second profile after clicking the Target button, everything on the profile is in red, not just the things that are different than the first profile. In addition to every item label showing in red text, they all have "src: Not Defined" printed next to them. Too bad that the recent chrome upgrade broke this extension... it would be very useful.
- (2016-06-30) Stephane Paquet: Sucks. You cannot ever select the target profile since it looses session focus it seems to be back to only being able to select the source profile. Nice try but i have seen better
- (2016-06-21) Jeremy Farber: Doesn't seem to be working event when you disable enhanced profile User interface.
- (2016-02-23) Chris Soricelli: Easy to use and works well. Just make sure you read the instructions and disable the Enhanced Profile User Interface. It won't work at all with that box checked. Reading the instructions would have saved me 15 minutes of frustration.
- (2019-03-05, v:0.0.0.5) John Weymouth: Current release
Is your Profile-Comparator chrome extension working with the current Salesforce release?
- (2018-03-28, v:0.0.0.5) Daniel Chmielewski: broken
please fix that!
- (2017-07-26, v:0.0.0.5) Francesco Imperioli: Broken
This extension is broken, please fix it!!!
- (2017-06-09, v:0.0.0.5) Jason Gleichman: broken
Please fix!!! thanks!
- (2017-03-15, v:0.0.0.5) Anu Agarwal: Need suggestion
Hi Rajiv, Its a nice extension and I was pretty excited to see it working. I downloaded and added the extension to chrome. Selecting source is fine. When you go to select the target, it doesn't says its selected but if you scroll down, it shows somethings in red. However, they aren't the true differences. Even though if some fields have exactly same permissions, they still appear as red and says, "src: Not Defined". Any suggestions?
- (2017-03-12, v:0.0.0.5) Mike Fleming: Cannot select Target
Selecting source shows parsing message, but moving to other tab (other org) and selecting extension, selecting target has no effect.
- (2017-03-03, v:0.0.0.5) Deepak Kapoor: Is this extension still working?
I select the source and going to another tab to select Target profile and when I scroll down it says Source not define. Any suggestion?
- (2017-02-13, v:0.0.0.5) Kiran Kumar: I never understood?How its working.?
Hi RaJiv, I never understood?How its working.? Please explain clearly once?
- (2017-02-09, v:0.0.0.5) Target Won't "Take"
I want to compare a Profile between prod and sandbox. I am using Synebo's multi-login tool. I am able to select the "Source" profile in one org, but when I login to the other, I can't get it to "pick up" the target page.
- (2016-12-08, v:0.0.0.5) Derek Chapman: doesn't work?
I downloaded the extension, but when I click on the icon in the toolbar it just takes me to this page in the chrome store
- (2016-11-17, v:0.0.0.5) Jesse Twum-Boafo: Is this app still working?
Can only collect source but not target