Compare Record data values and object metadata in Salesforce
Compare Object Metadata and it's record values in Salesforce (now supports Lightning!) and see all differences in just four clicks! Credits: 1. sorenkrabbe for his extension "salesforce-inspector" available @ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce-inspector/aodjmnfhjibkcdimpodiifdjnnncaafh I have used the code shared by him to improvise and develop this extension. I would share the code of this extension on github soon. 2. Maninder Singh for enabling the extension to work in Lightning -https://www.linkedin.com/in/mansinghinder/ This extension compares any two objects or its records (could be from same org or different orgs) and highlights all the differences found. It can show you the following - Which fields are missing in target org. - Which fields are missing in source org - which fields have metadata difference (change in formula, datatype , required etc.) - which fields have data value mismatch Please watch the video tutorial available @ http://youtu.be/mkarbbYWveY to understand the exact functionality and its uses. Steps to compare Object Metadata: 1. Open up the custom object definition or it's list view or any of it's record in salesforce. This is your source record. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Source Record" button. 2. After that, open up the custom definition of the same object or it's list view or the record (could be from same org or different org). This is your target record. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Target record" button. 3. The extension would create a popup and in that show you all the differences that were found. Steps to compare Record Values: 1. open any record from a standard/custom object in one org. This is your source record. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Source Record" button. 2. After that, open up any other record for the same object (could be from same org or different org). This is your target record. Click on the extension icon and then click on the "Select Target record" button. 3. The extension would create a popup and in that show you all the differences that were found. Do recommend the extension with you friends and colleagues if you like it. Also, if you like the extension, please don't forget to Rate it on the Chrome Extension Webstore. Feedback/Suggestions/Ideas/Comments most welcome. Thanks again and I hope this extension saves your time and makes you more productive! For any queries: [email protected]
- (2021-11-05) Safae ELBARKKOURI: Great extension! easy to use and efficient!! Just a question : it does only compare fields? I need to compare all metadata, including process builders and validation rules...
- (2021-03-29) Finian Quinn: Excellent Tool - Works great - Is it adaptable to work within Salesforce in a Lightning web component for example
- (2020-12-21) Joel Duinkerke: Easy to use, very helpful for migration both Lightning and Classic. Toggle between the UI if it doesn't work first time.
- (2020-03-07) Dhaval Prajapati: Great tool...Rajiv..!! You always rocks..!!
- (2020-02-13) Jason Driscoll: Very nice tool! But I have same question another user had...when a row is greyed out what does that indicate? Thanks
- (2019-12-09) Sergi Navarro: Awesome!
- (2019-09-05) Magesh M: One of the most used tool. Thank you.
- (2019-02-22) Becheep: Beautifull but missing some datas
- (2017-05-16) Doug Dunfee: Classic only like most extensions, but first impression is pretty great
- (2017-04-19) Andrea Rapacci: Easy and helpful tool to compare records. Thanks
- (2017-02-20) Vamsee Kanneganti: Simply Outstanding Tool. Such a great increase in Productivity for Orgs metadata governance. Just one question, what does greying out of a line mean?
- (2016-12-08) Diéffrei Quadros: Nice!
- (2016-11-30) Kumar Raja Bangari: Excellent tool, very helpful.. But i was not able to compare the data of records show on a custom vf page.. It would also be better if it can accept source and destination records ids directly and compare :)
- (2016-10-21) Excellent Tool
- (2016-10-01) Bhagwat Garkal: Very helful!!!!!! Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2016-05-25) Mallesh K: Excellent
- (2016-05-04) Umang Modi: This extnsn is awesome and just what I needed. Request you to fix the latest issue. Thanks Rajiv
- (2016-02-20) Tobias Beer: looks very useful for sf devs & admins
- (2015-10-13) Evan Montague: Great tool, but please consider your colorblind audience - that green and red is far too close to be useful to your average deuteranopia-n, like me!
- (2015-03-26) Sunny Solanki: Excellent tool and very helpful. Looking for next improvement.
- (2015-01-22) Kumar Vikram Dev: Very Useful tool indeed. Is it possible to export the output of comparison int o excel?
- (2014-11-18) Jochen Heyland: I do some work in the sanbox and some directly in production, and my customer occasionally changes things in production. Great tool to verify the differences. Also amazing support when I got stuck. Thanks!
- (2014-11-13) Roshni Talreja: Very helpful tool. Awesome tool :) Thank you very very much.
- (2014-11-13) Swati Taunk: Very helpful... Excellent !!!!! Awesome :) It would be great if we could compare the list of apex classes, VF pages, VF components and triggers ;)
- (2014-11-10) Örn Ingvar Ásbjörnsson: Very helpful tool for migrations and to verify compare data between records.
- (2014-10-12) Gary Sanders: Very useful tool when doing migration. Makes it very easy to see differences in objects.
- (2021-02-22, v:0.0.0.8) RAHUL BISHNOI: Unable to Compare
After selecting a source record on a tab, when i switch to a another tab and click on select target record, it gives an error "First Select Source Record." After clicking on ' Select Source Record', i wait till i get the message 'Parsed successfully. Please select the target record.' after which i go to another tab and click on select target record and still get the error mentioned above. I am trying to do this on Quote Line Item records(Lightning)
- (2020-11-06, v:0.0.0.8) Oleg Mastriukov: Compare icon isn't shown
Hello. After installation I can't see the compare icon while SF record is open. Does it work now? Chrome version is 86.0.4240.183
- (2020-04-10, v:0.0.0.8) Hemanth Sopparapu: Error
Error in RESTCall: Session not found. Error Code: INVALID_SESSION Getting this error sometimes on clicking on Select Source Record
- (2019-11-04, v:0.0.0.7) Maninder Singh: changes not reflected after making changes
I compare 2 records, then make changes to one of those and compare again. It does not reflect the new changes. Is there a way to refresh the cache you the extension uses?
- (2018-05-18, v:0.0.0.7) It's not working anymore.
I have tried comparing the record but it kept loading all time . It's broken.. please fix.
- (2017-10-19, v:0.0.0.7) Igor Umansky: Error in loading data record
[win'18] Stuck with this message: Please wait... Fetching Record Metadata...
- (2017-08-24, v:0.0.0.7) Chrome USer: loads forever
using this tool the popup loads forever only got it to work once. but it was great for that 1 time
- (2017-02-20, v:0.0.0.7) Vamsee Kanneganti: Grey Lines
There are a few lines that are marked in grey, why is that? thanks for the great tool, it is a great service to the Salesforce community.
- (2016-04-22, v:0.0.0.6) Marc Pellegrini: Not working
Hangs when you choose select source record.
- (2016-03-23, v:0.0.0.6) William Wright: Selecting Source just hangs
Very useful tool! Just recently I'm running into an issue. I am trying to compare fields in a sandbox environment to production. When selecting an object as a source and it just hangs.
- (2016-02-02, v:0.0.0.6) Abhishek Tangudu: where Can I find the source code
Hi Where can I find the source code for this extension.
- (2016-02-02, v:0.0.0.6) Abhishek Tangudu: Problem comparing two Opp Product records
I am unable to compare two opportunityLIneItem records. Can you help me with this.
- (2014-11-12, v:0.0.0.6) Anthony Foster: Name on Opportunity Line Item return Opportunity Name
Useful tool. FYI, the Name field for Opportunity Line Items is pulling the Opportunity Name, not the Product Name as described in the API documentation.