Copies the text inside links
Enables you to copy the text of a link within the context menu. Just right click on the link and select "Copy link text". Full source-code available here: https://github.com/mistweaverco/copy-link-text If you're looking for a "copy an elements text" extension, head over to the companion extension here: Copy Element Text https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/copy-element-text/lejdjhmnhlhjhfmcalaimioiogkibdea?hl=en
- (2022-11-19) Vincent Lee: I use this every day for my papers. Thank you for making such a useful extension!
- (2022-11-17) Bob Sorensen (Cowboy Bob): Not a long-time user, but found this helpful in several browsers. Since I spend a great deal of time writing weblogs and using graphics, I often need the text and not the link. ("Say thanks to [this user] for the image," which is a link. I have that, but want the name.) This has saved me a great deal of time.
- (2022-10-25) Viacheslav Lasukov: Not working in Edge Chromium
- (2022-10-21) Joe Sixpack: I want the previous version back. At least that one works.
- (2022-10-11) Arafat: Recently it is not working
- (2022-10-10) Hungvi Nguyen: Recently, when I copy and paste email addresses, it always shows "Press delete or backspace to remove", so I have to delete this sentence to validate my recipients' mails. Please help check and fix this issue. Thank you.
- (2022-10-10) Jubayer Ahmed: Not working for last few days. Earlier all types of writing could be copied. But currently, only link text can be copied but not other text
- (2022-10-07) zayer mim: "Copy Link Text" addon was working fine untill today, i used it for a long time, Error message "Service Launcher (Deactivated)" the error is for version 3.0, I uninstalled it, and installed version 2.0 manualy (.crx) file, and works fine. Note: When just got any addon installed, you need to refresh all opened web pages to get it work.
- (2022-10-06) Justin Mosebach: Incredibly handy!
- (2022-09-16) Will Lesage: Ça ne fonctionne plus.
- (2022-08-04) Pat MySecret: It works in a simplistic sense... though maybe you just as well highlight and do a simple copy. I prefer the extension Copy Link which can copy just the link or even the Google Search snippet of info for my purposes.
- (2022-08-03) Mike De: One-on-a-kind extension that works. Saved me tons of time. thanks.
- (2022-06-13) Rian Ahammed Rana: It was nice extension. Nowadays it's not working anymore
- (2022-04-15) ethan: Useful
- (2022-04-06) Ali Safapour: You have to click the copy link text button for each link twice to work
- (2022-03-20) Keith Riggle: It simply does not work
- (2022-02-04) Ricardo Caco (Phoinx): Doesn't work.
- (2021-11-02) Nas Raihan: IT IS NOT WORKING AT ALL PLS HELP ME OUT
- (2021-10-19) Tim R,: Funktioniert nicht :-/ Hoffentlich finde ich eine Alternative
- (2021-09-03) Brent P: Doesn't work on all pages. For example, even on its own page at chrome.google.com/webstore (this page I'm writing this review on at the moment), it's useless. I can do a google search, however, and it works with the results, so sometimes useful, although I predict it'll make me want to throw my laptop out the window very often.
- (2021-08-16) William: My fav extension. I always enable it because it just works without much hassle.
- (2021-07-28) Christoffer Brobäck: Delondial LottracusModified Jan 22, 2019 Simple, to the point, does its job; the best kind of extension. Thank you. +1
- (2021-07-16) LastSurvivor27: The option is there in the context menu, but it just does not copy anything.
- (2021-06-20) Md Ibrahim: Good work.
- (2021-05-07) Atique Bin Zohur: It works!
- (2021-02-12) Masked Guy: Simple and clean
- (2021-01-20) Using it for years. Everything works just fine.
- (2020-12-14) SZGergely: Works for what I needed, thank you.
- (2020-11-19) Luke Snelgar: Doesn't work with all links.
- (2020-11-04) Rokon Zaman: Excellent
- (2020-10-07) Ankit Gaurav: Just what I needed. Simple, does its job. 👍
- (2020-03-16) MD AR: bad
- (2020-03-16) f1fhdy4 23edq1: does not copy long text. It copies the "..." instead of the full text
- (2020-01-02) Jens Holler: Does not work!
- (2019-11-23) Brett Bouet: This doesn't work for me at all. I wrote a comment in July and still haven't gotten feedback. Too bad, as I used to love this extension.
- (2019-09-13) Todd Devers: it doesn't copy what i try to copy...it will paste previously copied windows clipboard contents. this is bad
- (2019-09-04) Faheem Ahmad: please update the extension
- (2019-08-24) C.H.Investments Adminstrator: Exactly what I've been looking for!
- (2019-08-08) Adam Kim: Does not work. I wish it did.
- (2019-03-21) Madbrad200: Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Unfortunately the times when it doesn't ruins it.
- (2019-01-22) Delondial Lottracus: Simple, to the point, does its job; the best kind of extension. Thank you.
- (2019-01-07) Boris Baran: Does what it is supposed to do without any problem, extremely useful extension, I highly recommend it!
- (2018-12-05) Aleksey Midenkov: It works. On Linux it is not standard too.
- (2018-11-14) Tom Adrian: Es funktioniert einfach nicht. Option wird im Kontextmenü angezeigt, aber es kopiert den Text nicht
- (2018-11-11) Bruno Bronosky: Copy Link text is a standard feature in Chrome on the Mac. I'm glad I can get it to work on Windows.
- (2022-11-13, v:3.0.0) Marco Lackovic: Stopped working a few weeks ago
Steps to reproduce: 1. Right click on a link 2. Select "Copy link text" 3. Paste Expected result: The pasted text is the same as the link text Actual result: The pasted text is *not the same* as the link text, it's the last text previously copied into the clipboard
- (2022-10-21, v:3.0.0) Atique Zohur: It's not working anymore
I've been using it for years. All of a sudden, it's no longer working. Please fix this.
- (2022-10-06, v:3.0.0) Mahedi Hassan: It's not working.
It's not working.. Please urgent solution needed.
- (2022-10-06, v:3.0.0) Mahedi Hassan: It's not working
It's not working.. Please urgent solution needed.
- (2022-10-05, v:3.0.0) Justin Mosebach: No longer copies heading/text
Until a few days ago, in addition to copying anchor text of links, it also copied heading text (ex. content between <h2> and </h2>) and any text that was between any type of <> and </>, but now it doesn't... even though I have the October 5th update installed. Please bring that feature back!
- (2022-09-21, v:2.0.0) Raj M: This tool is not woking
It's not working
- (2021-08-16, v:2.0.0) Nifty Edit: Broken
It doesn't work anymore
- (2021-06-10, v:2.0.0) André: It doesn't work!!!
It does not work at all anymore!
- (2021-01-02, v:1.0.1) Torsten Hübner: Doesn't work
Doesn't work in Chrome 87.0.4280.88 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
- (2020-10-11, v:1.0.1) yeluo wusheng: bug
that was not working
- (2019-06-16, v:1.0.1) Brett Bouet: Copy Link Text Not Working
When I highlight the links and either right click or go up to the extension and choose "Copy Link Text" nothing happens.
- (2019-02-21, v:1.0.1) Ricky: Search text using custom search engine
Can you extend this to search the text from the link using custom search engines configured in Chrome?