Download PDF files directly from Scopus!
Scopus Document Download Manager is a free browser extension enabling download functionality in Scopus, as well as a Quick Document Search function available from any web site (simply click on the browser extension icon to display the search form). This extension saves you the hassle of visiting individual publisher web sites to download documents one by one. Instead, it seamlessly connects to publisher websites to download full text PDFs directly from your browser without needing to configure and maintain a list of entitlements. How do you use this extension in Scopus? 1) From the document search results or document list pages, select one or several documents and click on Download button or 2) From an abstract record page, click on Download button When successfully downloaded, your PDF document(s) will be saved to your browser Downloads folder. In the event that the extension fails at retrieving the PDF (e.g. you are not entitled to the full text or the download is prevented by the publisher web site) the Document Download Manager will provide a link to the publisher web site so you can easily open the page and try to download the full text manually.
- (2019-12-31) Will Liu: Love it. Super easy to use. Search and download is very intuitive. Developer explained why it couldn't be done via web application. Don't understand why using an extension is so much harder for some people. Don't know where all the hate is coming from. Keep up the good work!
- (2019-12-25) 魏鑫: I downloaded this and try to get the article i want. Then it told me that this article can't be downloaded. Why not tell me this before i download this goddamn extension!
- (2019-11-06) Matthew Brenton: Pointless
- (2019-10-30) H lynne: it is quite useful!
- (2019-10-22) Jan Hackl: It worked as it should, installed the plugin could download the article… the question is why couldn't I just download the PDF directly? I don't get it!
- (2019-10-20) Maliha Alma Marium: I still did not get access to the article that I wanted due to restrictions on the publisher's end. How awful.
- (2019-09-24) Federico Leva: Anch'io ho provato l'estensione ma non mi piace che non sia configurabile. Inoltre non è software libero quindi non posso adattarla ai miei bisogni. Ritorno a Zotero, che risolve tutti i miei problemi senza causarne di nuovi. https://www.zotero.org/
- (2019-08-05) Tim Pote: Huge waste of time and poorly conceived extension. Don't download. No, you don't need a browser extension to verify and download PDF's we do it all the time using your competitors websites (which actually work by the way). Ran into the same issue as others, downloaded your browser extension only to be told that the journal article cannot be downloaded as a PDF. Go hire some real programmers and do better.
- (2019-07-11) ALİRIZA ARIBAŞ: is it a military obligation?
- (2019-07-05) Volkan Gezer: Why force people to download your extension?
- (2019-06-05) Lorna Forrester: Totally pointless
- (2019-05-30) Bert0ld0: Non funziona più ormai da 4/5 mesi. Clicco su "Download" in Scopus come ho sempre fatto ma non succede nulla!
- (2019-05-23) Leon C.: required to download, screw you scopus
- (2019-05-15) Elif CagBet: WHY ? WHY ? WHY ? ARE YOU CRAZY ??
- (2019-05-07) 海泪: 下载一篇论文，要我安装插件，行吧，那就安装。 安装完了告诉我论文不能下？？？ nmsl Tell me it can't download the article after I install this plugin. wtf
- (2019-04-07) Tristan W: It's pretty absurd that an extension is required to do simply download a paper. I've read the developer responses "1)connect to third party web sites which cannot be done from the Web Application itself (this is known as "Same-origin policy"). 2) be executed on your own environment so that publishers will recognize your IP address and allow you to retrieve their PDFs." I'm not sure what the danger of just taking me to the site is? Or is it that the pdf is so obfuscated this extension is doing me some service? The paper's I've tried this on just respond "This document could not be downloaded. Check with publisher(s) or try your link resolver." so it's somehow even more worthless.
- (2019-03-20) Juan José Catalán: Me obliga a instalarlo para descargar documentos. Completamente innecesario para mí.
- (2019-03-17) This document could not be downloaded. Check with publisher(s) or try your link resolver. WTH?
- (2019-01-13) Nguyen Ngoc Phuong Bao: not working
- (2018-11-18) Thomas Z: useless
- (2018-11-07) En Baha: wow need DOWNLOAD extension FIRST to download article!
- (2018-10-22) hao li: 很多文献下载不了
- (2018-10-02) Magalí Giménez: Funcionaba muy bien hasta la nueva actualización de Chrome. Ahora siempre me sale una notificación que dice "este elemento se ha inhabilitado en Chrome" y por más que intento habilitarlo vuelve a quedar inhabilitado nuevamente
- (2018-09-20) Yesika Sanchez: No funciona, chrome me dice que la tengo pero al entras a la página me sale que debo agregarla
- (2018-08-06) Simon: Why would I ever need an extension to download articles? And why on earth does it need access to all data and to share this with third parties? Awful, just awful.