Prevents from autoplay the HTML5 <video> tag.
You can disable Flash, but you cannot disable the HTML5 native <video>... Until today! This is only Chrome extension on the Chrome Store which will block the <video> tag in your browser. It was very annoying for me when I browsed the web and suddenly some video started to play music or showing an advertisement and I've had to kill the browser's tab or lower the speakers' volume. That's why I've created this extension. Now any video won't start playing until I click the red agreement button. Chrome is about to block the Flash Player so the Flash ads won't be a problem in a few weeks. But the ads companies will move their ads to the native HTML5 and will use the <video> tag which can be blocked only by this plugin. The youtube.com and vimeo.com domains are on the whitelist so videos work normally there.
- (2020-04-04) John P: SPAM!!! If you click the link for his website, it takes you to SPAM! Or a dead website, it changes each time you click. This is true both on the Chrome Web Store if you click the "Website" link, and within the extension itself if you select the first menu option named, "Video Autoplay Blocker by Robert Sulkowski".
- (2020-03-27) Ken Pederson: Does not work
- (2020-03-14) Ken Shain: Does zip nothing!
- (2020-02-21) Giovanni Cannizzo: Ottima estensione , blocca la pubblicita' video
- (2020-01-21) Ashleigh Kirk: Didn't work
- (2020-01-04) Jim Cape: I also think a white-list would come in handy. One were the user could add whatever site they chose to put into it. If not a white-list, at least being able to click on the icon to pause the extension when needed. With that being said, this extension is the best I've found to stop the idiots who insisted on playing their useless videos. But... they can't make any money if the video doesn't get to play ads! Oh, those poor website owners!!!
- (2019-12-25) Валерий Амбарцумян: Установил в браузер Slimjet да основе Chromium от надоедливых видео в Яндексе, помогло, блокирует!
- (2019-08-13) Fundamental Bass: works
- (2019-07-19) Luis Delgado Gallardo: No sirve para nada. O simplemente no bloquea la auto-reproducción o simplemente ni siquiera carga el vídeo. No pierdan su tiempo.
- (2019-06-15) S S Dillon: Hi there Thanks for creating this extension. But you need to allow people to remove the whitelist for youtube. Recently, some websites have embedded youtube videos and turned on the <autoplay> tag.
- (2019-03-15) Arman Daneshjoo: Doesn't work.
- (2019-03-01) Rodney Griffith: This app works. It stops the autoplay even on Twitch. I would have loved it and given it 5 stars if you could disable the extra task of clicking the red box that said 'click here to play the video' Just disabling the autoplay is good enough.
- (2018-11-23) Daily Reportt: worked!
- (2018-10-29) Dwr Sanipar: There used to be the red notification in IMDb videos, but lately there's nothing, and I can't play the videos, even if I click the 'Play' button. I have to turn off the extension before I can play one.
- (2018-10-07) Markus Kantola: This is just the thing I've been looking for a long time ... thank You Robert
- (2018-07-31) Blocks ALL plays, not just autoplay.
- (2018-07-17) Dennis Murczak: This extension is a huge relief as I want to read text and not watch annoying videos online. Does not currently seem to work with videos on huffingtonpost.com though, so I need to block that separately with AdGuard.
- (2018-07-17) Radosław Nakonieczny: NIE DZIAŁA na ONET.PL itp., żenada...
- (2018-07-02) Dave Land: Makes videos I _want_ to view more difficult, but does not stop videos I DON'T want, such as on Newsweek just now.
- (2018-06-17) Radosław Horodniczy: Not works on any site Nie dziala nawet dla onet.pl
- (2018-04-29) Shailesh Jagdale: Working for me,thanks robert.
- (2018-04-03) Mike Nichols: i do appreciate the effort put into creating this very much. however for me it did not work. tested on several sites last being the huffington post but no change. again i appreciate the effort but as said it just doesn't work on those sites i needed it to.
- (2018-03-31) Ahmet ATAKAN: Gayet başarılı, gazetelerdeki auto playlerin tamamını durdurdu. Teşekkürler.
- (2018-03-21) Philip Hood: It works on some sites, not on others.
- (2018-03-12) Michael Scott: Sorry to say...it didn't work.