Useful Chinese learning tools, can be used to convert text into Pinyin/Zhuyin, Trad./Simp. version, or generate vocabulary list
Useful Chinese learning tools, allows you to convert selected Chinese into Pinyin/Zhuyin, Trad./Simp. version, English or generate vocabulary list. Tools provided in this extension includes: - Chinese to Pinyin/Zhuyin conversion - Traditional/Simplified Chinese conversion - Vocabulary list generator - Dictionary lookup - Translate to English - Chinese text to speech To use: select some Chinese text, right click, move to Chinese Tools, and select tool you want to use. Features: Chinese to Pinyin/Zhuyin conversion 1. Correct pinyin for polyphonic characters (duoyinzi) based on context, e.g. 行长认为方案是可行的 will be converted into háng zhăng rèn wéi fāng àn shì kĕ xíng de, based on the context, 行 got different Pinyin 2. Support both Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese 3. Conversion result can be in Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) or pinyin tone mark only. 4. Provide pronunciation for character and whole text 5. Support copy and export to word 6. Provide function to generate vocabulary list 7. Provide English translation Traditional/Simplified Chinese conversion 1. Context based conversion. For example. 皇后发现后天是一个好日子 will be converted into 皇后發現後天是一個好日子, you can find based on the context, character 后 is get different treatments. 2. Terminologies conversion supported. For example, 软件 (ruanjian) in Simplified Chinese will be converted to 軟體 (ruanti) in Traditional Chinese. Dictionary lookup 1. Stroke order in flash 2. Sample words/sentence with pronunciation
- (2020-02-24) Ta Be: best thing ever!
- (2019-04-08) Lord Fnord: The "dictionary" is in fact a collection of interesting and intelligent sentences. It's still a work in progress and has many errors in it, but it's the best thing around and a wonderful learning tool. I encourage everyone to contribute to it by sending in thoughtful comments when things can be improved.
- (2019-03-11) Scrub Daddy: It doesn't work all the time and isn't as good as the google input system.
- (2018-05-26) Hà Nguyễn: 质量很好。
- (2018-04-01) Mai Vu Tan: This is just a Chrome extension for www.purpleculture.net. Whenever you use the tool, it uses API and open new page to that webpage. It defeats the purpose of me installing an extension for convenience and expecting instant translation without too much navigation.
- (2017-07-16) David Lloyd-Jones: This thing is so good it's the only thing keeping me on Chrome instead of switching to Edge. Chrome is a huge memory hog and fouls up totally after more than about ten open pages with four gigs of memory. Any chance of a re-compile for Edge some time soon? In the meantime, know that you have one more very impressed and satisfied user out here -- stuck with the Chrome Kludge because of your fine app!
- (2017-06-17) Karaoke ABC: hay
- (2017-05-13) ziang lin: it's the best app for this purpose, hands down.
- (2016-10-22) Mishtle Tsatsomoka: Not real time.
- (2015-01-14) Charles Womble: This is great!
- (2018-01-10, v:1.3) Emilia Chow: can you put zuyin next to the Chinese word
Is it possible to have zuyin right next to each Chinese word?
- (2016-12-11, v:1.3) marco chua: writing problems
i can write the chinese words but i cannot use it on the search menu
- (2016-11-11, v:1.3) lo kaiwen: Suddenly the chinese tools doesn't appear
Suddenly the chinese tools doesn't appear in my right click context menu? How do I fix this?