Opens news windows to the first non-pinned tab (like the default Firefox behavior).
Do you use pinned tabs but find that most of the time when you open chrome that the first thing you do is switch to your home page tab instead? This very simple extension starts all chrome windows in a non-pinned tab. This is the default Firefox behavior and should be included as an option in the browser anyway. Source is available here, https://github.com/jvmccarthy/chrome-extensions/tree/master/start%20in%20nonpinned%20tab Currently this extension can only be configured by enabling or disabling it.
- (2017-04-29) Tom Hallums: Great stuff, should be built in to Chrome!
- (2017-03-08) fetB: Hard to understand why this isnt default behaviour, or at least an option... Thank you for this.
- (2016-08-20) Ed Kolis: Doesn't work if I have pinned tabs and the browser set to start on a new-tab page - it opens the last pinned tab instead of the new-tab page.
- (2015-12-03) Trev Coleman: brilliant! works perfectly. was driving me mad fruitlessly searching the chrome settings for this, cheers.
- (2015-10-16) Josh Helfferich: I didn't know Chrome didn't do this by default. Awesome, thanks!
- (2015-09-19) Norbert Bóta: Na végre! Mint a firefoxban!
- (2015-08-25) Burak Karabey: Perfect extenison but there is one big problem; Extension waits to fully load first pinned-tab after that switches to home page. When I open chrome, I have to wait 1-2 seconds for that problem.
- (2015-01-06) Doet precies wat ik graag wil.
- (2014-05-19) Dustin Simons: Does exactly what I want it to do. Simple and effective. Thanks!
- (2014-03-28) Bill Foley: Just the answer I was looking for...Thanks!
- (2013-11-18) Kelvin Chong: Works as intended, very simple yet powerful extension for Firefox converted user.
- (2013-02-22) Jacob D: Would get 5 stars, except for a major flaw: The cursor is not focused in the address bar when you start Chrome.
- (2012-06-07) I've never left a review for an extension, but had to for this to say THANKS. This sets Chrome's behaviour to what I'd suggest it should be by default. Makes us Firefox converts very happy indeed.
- (2012-06-05) Nate McIntyre: Great extension that is super simple but really improves the Chrome experience for those of us pinned tab users/abusers. =)
- (2012-05-26) Kelly Blyseth: Does exactly what is says on the tin. Why doesn't chrome do this by default?
- (2012-05-23) Charlie Bashford: Works well, solves the problem. But has one small problem, the cursor is not in the address bar on start up.
- (2012-05-02) teamlook: Perfect!
- (2012-04-19) Ignacio García: Great extension, does exactly what it says, nothing more nothing less. Thanks for making it!!