Keep one (optionally unfocusable) per window pinned tab open at all times. Prevents Chrome windows from closing with last tab.
Keep one (optionally unfocusable) per window pinned tab open at all times. Prevents Chrome windows from closing with last tab. This extension prevents Chrome from closing when you close the final tab in a window. It keeps one pinned, blank tab always open as the first tab in your tab bar, and reopens it if it is closed. ------------------------ Inspired by "Live On": https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/live-on/oficfgdfeoknbjfhommlpiekdapmnebh/ Icons by Everaldo Coelho: http://www.everaldo.com/ Project released open-source, Github project available: https://github.com/theborg3of5/KeepOnePinnedTab ------------------------ Please note that this was made for personal use, so replies and fixes may be delayed. ------------------------ Changelog: 1.0: Initial Release. 1.1: Bugfix: now takes into account whether the window is a popup vs. normal, and allows selection of special tab to aid in easier ctrl+tabbing. 1.2: Broke main functionality with last update, now fixed. 1.3: Extending closing functionality to second, semi-special tab. 2.0: Back from hiatus! Fixed the issue where a new pinned tab would appear upon every startup for some users, and moved the close-extra-new-tabs functionality out to a new extension, called "Close Extra New Tabs" (see other apps by this developer). 3.0: Added an options page! You can now set what URL you want the pinned tab to have, rather than it always being your new tab page. Defaults to new tab page if you don't set it. 3.1: Fixed an issue where the extension would open tabs forever, sorry folks! 3.2: Took out a console.log() that was left in (no functional impact). 4.0: Major update! Changes: - Built-in options for pages to pin. - Option: no focus special pinned tab. - Squashed all known bugs. 4.1: A few small bugfixes: - Don't open two new tabs (+ pinned one) when opening a new window. - Work correctly in incognito mode. 4.2: Fix issue where we keep opening new pinned tabs when Chrome is allowed to stay open in the background
- (2021-01-30) 徐天培: 试了很多方法，这个是目前最好的方法了。 推荐 blank dark + don't focus pinned tab 或者 custom ‘’chrome://extensions” + focus pinned tab
- (2020-12-30) ˑ: Совсем не работает на Edge.
- (2020-12-05) Shane Hird: This is the one you want. Configure 'blank light/dark' and 'never focus' and it behaves exactly the way Google chrome would had they implemented it natively, like they should have.
- (2020-08-13) Юлия Шестакова: Прекрасно =)
- (2020-08-13) Александр Шестаков: Отлично!
- (2019-04-06) aven R: 每次打开都会加一个固定标签页，能不能把固定标签页的设置去掉
- (2019-03-10) FuQiang Wang: 关闭最后的标签不会关闭浏览器，很好用无需设置
- (2019-02-17) Daniel Faust: Excellent Extension. The one I was using previously stopped working (could no longer drag tabs to create new windows), but this one is even better. I checked the source code and no data is getting collected and uploaded to any URL (as of version 4.1). It's important to set the proper page to keep pinned in the options, else it creates a new pinned tab for each tab you close, but that may be because I also use the "New Tab Redirect" extension.
- (2019-02-13) 是不是有点问题啊，为啥我每次打开固定标签页还会自动增加的
- (2018-03-29) grey payen: 很有用，chrome关掉最后一个tab就关浏览器的设计实在太难习惯了。
- (2017-03-21) Craig Lambert: Works as advertised. On my Chromebook it opens 2 empty tabs after Chrome is closed the first time. On start-up it's fine (just the one tab). I'd also like an Option to hide the pinned tab in the background and focus on the main tab. There is an option now but it's never focus. I still want to be able to select the pinned tab. All that being said, I like it.
- (2017-03-05) Kuro Senshi: Always creates a new chrome window with 2 new tabs open (instead of the usual one). I tried a bit, but in the end i had to remove the extension.
- (2017-01-20) Анатолий А: If you only want to remove delay between the moment when you click Chrome's icon and the moment when it opens a new window, then you may simply make Chrome continue running even after all its windows are closed. This can be done using the “Background Process” extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/background-process/gghpjpjkgffajicbeidilgkogpmianag
- (2016-04-27) 로리: Good.
- (2016-02-13) Jim Stickney: A year and a half later, same problem as Cameron Deemer. Each time you close and re-open, a new pinned tab is generated.
- (2015-11-24) Long Nguyen Xuan: it's work and save my life from accidentally close my incognito chrome when using public PC.
- (2015-08-08) Andrey Leonenya: то что надо!
- (2015-01-05) Daniel MacDonald: Had to write a review as there are no screenshots. This is exactly as Cancino explained. I use FVD Speed Dial and it's great having there to open with all my saved websites and save a lot of hassle!
- (2014-08-19) C D: I had the same experience as Zhou. Each time I closed Chrome, then reopened it, I got more and more tabs. Finally up to 12 tabs and will have to delete this extension. If this bug if fixed, should be fine.
- (2014-08-15) Zhou Liang: Set lots of pinned tabs instead of ONE!!
- (2014-06-04) Stanislav Sladecek: Great extension, works as a charm. Thank you.
- (2014-05-14) Anthony Carrabino: This extension is perfect, thank you for making "keep one pinned tab". The concept of exiting from Chrome because the last tab is closed is absurd ... just because Google designed Chrome this way does not make it good or correct.
- (2014-05-12) John Coleman: ЗАЕБИСЬ. Терь гугл не закроется с закрытием последней вкладки, а то заебало!
- (2014-04-21) Xia Zheng: firefox 重度使用者的福音
- (2014-04-03) Andy Basuki: Greattt.. Very love it, it is even working with Ctrl+W shortcut.. Even if i use my home page as speeddial, it keeps popup a new homepage tab, while i close all of my tab... Thanks and super great job :)
- (2014-01-20) exploding ferret: This one works.
- (2014-01-17) CJ Cancino: I noticed no other reviews and decided to write my first one ever! This is exactly what I was looking for and keeps Chrome open even when you close all your tabs (even with CTRL+W). Personally, I set my home page to a new tab and am also running an extension that customizes the new tab blank page. For all those with Opera nostalgia, this is definitely helpful!
- (2018-03-21, v:4.1) Hongwei Chen: More and more pinned tabs are created...
One more pinned tab is created every time the browser is opened... Maybe check the existence of pinned tab before creating one?
- (2017-12-20, v:4.1) 鬼弦厚一: It pins 11tabs and cannot be closed
Just like what I said below, and it adds up to 13tabs after I restart the browser......
- (2017-03-19, v:4.0) Craig Lambert: Open Pinned Tab in Background
Would love an option to load the pinned tab in the background.
- (2017-03-18, v:4.0) Craig Lambert: Two Full Sized Tabs
This is exactly what I'm looking for except Chrome opens with the pinned tab and two full sized tabs. Any idea what might be causing my issue?
- (2017-02-20, v:4.0) Scott Grayban: No longer pins
Chrome closes when last tab is clicked now. I removed and re-installed extension but same issue.
- (2015-12-10, v:3.2) Paul ByrneTas: Removing
hi there, I've added this and now I wish to remove it (it's not exactly what I wanted) I went to extensions>>delete...but when I open my Chrome now I get 5 new pin tabs opening. How do I remove these? Thanks
- (2015-11-08, v:3.2) Works for the most part
I've installed this extension on both my laptop and desktop. It works pretty flawless on my desktop but oddly enough on my laptop it sometimes just doesn't make a new tab when closing the "last" one. I've tried enabling/disabling the extension and all that.. really can't pinpoint it or understand why...
- (2014-06-06, v:1.3) Konstantin Kniazev: Adding third tab on restart
After Chrome launch this extension creates one pinned tab, so I have two tabs: pinned and standard. If I set "reopen last tabs" in settings, Chrome remembers this two tabs and reopen them after launch. Extension adds one more, so I have three tabs. Each relaunch adds one tab. You must add tab check before run.
- (2014-04-10, v:1.3) Trevor Hart: Tabs kept opening
When closing one or more tabs (whether individually or multiple at a time), any tab that was closed was instantly reopened on my home page. This disappeared upon disabling this extension.
- (2013-09-27, v:1.3) Martin Gross: New incognito-window is missing pinned tab
When opening a new incognito-window/session, it starts with just the one default private window. Only upon creating a new tab in the incognito-window, the pinned tab will show up. I think, the pinned tab should be shown right away when opening the incognito-window at the start, just like it is done when starting Chrome.