Google Chrome Extention for Pinboard (http://pinboard.in).
1. Shortcut menu for 'Save to Pinboard', 'Read Later', 'Unread bookmarks', 'All bookmarks'. 2. Customisable Keyboard Shortcuts for 'Save to Pinboard', 'Read Later', 'Unread bookmarks', 'All bookmarks'. 3. Save to Pinboard via context menus (by right-clicking). the following contents can be saved : - web page URL - selected URL - selected text - Image URL - HTML5 Audio URL - HTML5 Video URL --------------------------------------------------------- # Changelog ## 0.0.12 (2013-10-18) [FIXED] "Save to Pinboard via context menus" is not working. ## 0.0.11 (2013-10-14) [CHANGED] some minor improvements. ## 0.0.10 (2013-07-14) [FIXED] Regression bug that can't capture selected text. ## 0.0.9 (2013-07-14) [CHANGED] some minor improvements. ## 0.0.8 (2013-07-13) [FIXED] "Save to pinboard" don't react with keyboard shortacut and click on Chrome 28. ## 0.0.7 (2013-03-17) [New] You can save to Pinboard via context menus. [New] add test code. ## 0.0.6 (2013-03-15) [CHANGED] When 'read later', minimize window. ## 0.0.5 (2013-03-11) [CHANGED] support for Google Chrome 25 ## 0.0.4 [NEW] add GitHub Ribbon to optioions.html. ## 0.0.3 first release. --------------------------------------------------------- Latest source code on github: https://github.com/yasuyk/Pinboard-Chrome-Extension
- (2019-08-20) J H: Pinboard never gets updated. Brags about a "one man" show and doesn't know how to take this service to the next level by hiring competent devs. First, this extension is the only one really supported but is terrible. -UI is horrible -Never gets updated -Tag system is really bad (Look at how DIIGO does theirs, it is superb) -There is never any support even as a paying member -No ability to see if you're bookmarked the page before, leading you to bookmark the same page over and over again. -Did I say support is non existent for paying members? - Go to DIIGO, at least they respond and care and has a service that is actually improving instead of stealing your money
- (2019-02-21) Joe T: Loving this little extension! just what I was looking for to replace my bookmarklet and read later bookmark
- (2018-06-16) Owen Densmore: I like the pop-out: lets me think about more about the tags and description. Also like the smaller, cleaner menu. Ditto the existing tags.
- (2018-05-29) feeder goldfish: Very handy. I use it regularly, either to bookmark or just to visit my pinboard site.
- (2017-08-10) Vladimir Sizikov: Pretty nice, functional yet simple. The only thing I am missing is the ability to center the pop-up window, or, better yet, to remember its position. Otherwise, it always opens in the top-left corner and I have to drag the window to the center. :)
- (2017-07-10) Anacleto Campanella: Amazing. Simple. Has the perfect defaults.
- (2017-07-08) Jess Joseph: This is perfect, absolutely perfect, mainly because the Save to Pinboard popup window includes my tag cloud. The Save to Pinboard pop up windows from comparable extensions show suggested tags but not the tag cloud. I am using this extension on a 2009 iMac running MacOS Sierra and it works perfectly. Great job by the developer.
- (2016-12-09) Luca Zavarella: Great extension! It'd be great if the pin icon would become grey if the URL isn't stored in Pinboard; black if it is already stored in. Five stars for me!
- (2015-06-03) Ryan Cummins: Best pinboard extension yet. Awesome job.
- (2013-08-27) Colm Troy: FINALLY! I decent Chrome Pinboard extension with functioning keyboard shortcuts. Nice work - thanks!
- (2013-01-22) Yenting Chen: Great!
- (2021-10-28, v:0.0.12) Edward G: Read Later Pop-up Window is Very Large
Is there any way to make it smaller? Thank you for any help.
- (2021-10-20, v:0.0.12) Edward G: Read Later Pop-up Window is Very Large
Is there any way to make it smaller?
- (2018-01-04, v:0.0.12) Dhanasekaran Dhandapani: Asking for user name & passwd
When i try to save to pinboard it is prompting for user name and passwd. should i register first? what user name/passwd should i use
- (2017-08-10, v:0.0.12) Vladimir Sizikov: Center the pop-up window
Hi, It would be really nice if it was possible to configure the extension to open the pop-up window not in top-left corner, but centered. With modern monitors of huge size that would be really helpful. Thanks!