One-click lookup with WordWeb (wordweb.info, Windows only)
Enables one-click dictionary/thesaurus look up: * Ctrl+Right Click on a word on any page to look it up in WordWeb * Toolbar icon to open WordWeb with selected text, or look up word at the cursor in a edit box * Ctrl+Alt+W to open WordWeb with selected text, or active word in edit box * If you are editing text, you can use the Replace button in WordWeb to replace the word with a synonym or corrected spelling Note that WordWeb or WordWeb Pro 8.1 or higher for Windows must be installed (default option). WordWeb is available separately from http://wordweb.info, free or Pro versions.
- (2020-06-23) Shubham Agrawal: Even though you are looking for a word in the browser, it opens its application window for giving out the meaning. It would have been better if it shows meaning in the browser itself
- (2020-04-07) Steven Van dingenen: patato is the best
- (2020-02-25) cesar rato: everybody needs it ...
- (2019-12-09) Nooruddin Chaderwala: I have been using this application since 7 years. And I am very comfortable with it. It is first fully user friendly and I like it.
- (2019-12-07) Rajput M S: Nice job done by chrome
- (2019-08-25) Sara Rainey: Hands down wonderful.
- (2019-03-14) Acme Gamers: I say I use wordweb the most whenever I need to check or lookup to the meanings. If I ever would recommend a dictionary I will always recommend Wordweb. The most best, compressed and easy to use. I would like to give it a six star rating maybe that's not enough too though a really great program If I say including the hot-keys to open it much faster made it more convenient than ever. Really really thanks.
- (2018-09-03) Narasimhamurthy Pedada: excellent keep it up
- (2018-08-11) Nazreen Noorullaila: Too good. i am using this app for past 7 years
- (2018-06-17) You Matter: I don't know why there is only 26 reviews and 15000 users. As an avid reader this is exceptional.
- (2018-02-22) Eric Nelson: Works like a charm. For a 6th star, I'd find it handy to look up Bible verses. Also an Edenics dictionary. WordWeb rocks!
- (2018-02-17) alan naftalis: I love it.
- (2017-11-30) Kiran Kumar D M: Please provide different meanings with respect to different parts of speech, if it is there in a precise and concise way.And break each word into syallable and also show which letter is silent, so that it would be useful to understand on how to pronounce the word and also improve pronounciation with a clear vocal speech.Rest is fine,Thank you.
- (2017-11-23) Sanaulla Haq: best eng to eng dictionary
- (2017-11-10) Dhaval Shah: Best way to keep yourself sane. Love the simplicity and the speed of dictionary lookups.
- (2017-10-31) Ninad Patil: this app is very fast.The best part is its offline.well done developers
- (2017-09-22) Andy R.: Excellent tool. have been using it for many years in standalone software.
- (2017-07-02) 王丹薇: 非常好用
- (2017-06-01) Rick O'Keefe: I use the full WWP which gives a fast and extensive English language reference(definitions, etymology, pronunciation, not grammar). It is invaluable for me as a writer and crossword composer.
- (2017-05-31) Moosa Iqbal: very fast... it helps me a lot ...
- (2017-04-29) SJ Brown: Long time user of WWP, love to have this in chrome now. super useful THANKS
- (2020-01-06, v:0.0.1.6) Lorraine Ginader: Word Web
Cannot get Word Web to respond for one-click word look up. search arrow dimmed out? I have word web Pro
- (2019-12-11, v:0.0.1.6) Lorraine Ginader: Word Web performance
box appears upon click but does not respond to word insertion, arrow is dimmed out non responsive. I deleted download once and re-uploaded still same problem. I bought Word Web Pro, still same problem. Re-uploaded crome extension and nothing seems to correct the problem. I have had Word Web for years without a problem on the same PC. HELP
- (2018-05-30, v:0.0.1.6) One-click lookup
How to enable One-click lookup. though I'm user of word web from 4-5 year, previously I enabled, this time not getting setting menu. Thank you team for providing this great service.
- (2018-03-09, v:0.0.1.6) Chris Guempel: use mobile wikipedia instead
Is there a way to use m.wikipedia.org (mobile version, less clutter, easier to read, etc) with WordWeb? Can I edit some file?
- (2017-09-21, v:0.0.1.6) Tim F: chrome addon
Ive read chrome store blurb on this but can't find the download/add button?
- (2017-05-06, v:0.0.1.6) Abhi Daksh: plz...augument...
instant search option add... like.....http://www.dictionarist.com/