Get the definition/synonym of any word in a webpage.
v2.0.1 **Google dictionary error fixed** • Select any word on a webpage and see its definition or its synonym by using the context-menu option. The definition can also be viewed using the key combination 'Ctrl+m' after selecting a word. •You can also type in the word you want to look-up by using Chrome's omnibox. **Using the OMNIBOX** To use Chrome's address bar for a quick search, type 'df' (without quotes) and press 'Tab' to get the prompt. Type in the search word and press enter. To look the word up in a thesaurus, append the search word with '\t' (without quotes). Choose from 5 online dictionaries - • Google • Merriam-Webster • Collins • The Free Dictionary and 3 online thesauruses - • Thesaurus.com • Merriam-Webster • Collins The dictionary/thesaurus to be used can be selected from the Options page of the extension (Tools -> Extensions).
- (2019-04-25) teresa ramirez: i love my copumter because it helps me find what i need to find out
- (2018-07-04) Nguyen xuan Tinh: this is the best tool for to find define and synonyms words easy way. Thanks
- (2017-10-21) Liam Bulkley: It will bring the proper definitions, but it doesn't do so with a pop-up, so you are removed from the context.
- (2014-10-17) Cenfit liu: Can you allow users to custom his/her search engines other than default ones you have given; or can you allow users to specify a google search engine in his/her own country, like google.au, google.jp, google.co.uk? Thanks.
- (2014-08-23) Photoshopuzr: this thing takes guess work out of definitions.
- (2013-10-08) Edvardas Sakas: All bugs have indeed been fixed. Do not mind the current rating, download and enjoy this great extension
- (2013-06-06) Codex Intrun: All bugs have been fixed. The new omnibox feature is great.
- (2013-05-02) Stuart James: Broken, dictionary no longer available issue.
- (2012-10-30) Colter Joles: error 303
- (2012-06-10) Stefan Matei: When I click 'define' on a word I get the following 404 error page: -- 404. That’s an error. The requested URL /dictionary?langpair=en%7Cen&q=functionality&hl=en was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
- (2012-06-05) Steve Collins: Similar to iOS define...Love it.
- (2012-04-28) GREGÓRIA CORREIA: não funciona!
- (2018-04-16, v:2.0.1) Victoria Howells: Removal
How can I remove this addon?
- (2018-02-26, v:2.0.1) Shawkang Wu: turn off thesaurus option
can you turn off the option? I just want to know the meaning of a word. I don't want to have to click again for choosing dictionary over thesaurus every time. tks.
- (2016-08-12, v:2.0.1) Travis Heeter: console.log(s)
Can you build a feature to turn off all the console.log(s) this extension produces by default? It's a bit ridiculous.
- (2013-10-31, v:2.0) k9mama27: Define not working
It's not working. When I right click on a word and select "define" I get search results instead with a message at the top stating "The search option you have selected is currently unavailable." It's been happening for a while now and I just went into "Extensions" to see if it was still there. It is, but, it's not working. :( Really love the app and use it all the time but a little bummed that it hasn't been for a while now. >>SAD FACE<< A. Fowler