A vertical stacking, search enabled, arrow keys/mouse click navigable, simple interface for navigating Chrome bookmarks.
This app is for navigating through all your bookmarks efficiently! This was developed (and is maintained) on spare-time so I'll get to bug fixes as soon as I'm free. Just drop a note in the support tab here in the webstore. Features: - Open using shortcuts: CMD + B (Mac) or CTRL + B (PC) - Vertical-stacking simple UI for browsing - Search bar with fuzzy search enabled via Fuse.js - Arrow keys and cursor navigation - Clickable breadcrumbs - True bookmark count on folders - Icon support using chrome://favicon Anti-features: - No proper icon (Priority 1) - Developed on free-time Feel free to leave reviews and comments. I would love to hear some proper criticism and extra feature ideas - as well as any other extensions you think would be cool to make! If you like it enough, feel free to DONATE to my paypal! https://paypal.me/pools/c/83AJJhaWaE Yours truly, Neil Known Bugs: - None yet 5/15/2018 -- v 1.14 -- ### Added - All bookmark directories included - Implemented fusejs for fuzzy searching - Searches only pertain to current and nested folders ### Fixed - PCs can autofocus 4/16/2018 --- v 1.13 --- ### Fixed - row overflow issue --- v 1.12 --- ### Note - removed global option * if the hotkey doesn't work, see posted video or instructions below to add or choose your own hotkey Go to "chrome://extensions" Click on the menu icon in the top left corner Click the "keyboard shortcuts" option Find the "Bookmark Navigator" extension and add desired hotkey (or reenter if having issues) --- v 1.11 testing --- ### Added - global option for hot key testing --- v 1.1 --- ### Added - hotkey CMD + B (Mac) & CTRL + B (PC) - separate body key input vs input key input (left and right arrows should work differently in search vs navigating) - If in input, pressing enter selects first option in search results 04/15/2018 --- v1.0 --- ### Added - search bar - arrow keys and cursor and click navigation - clickable breadcrumbs - bookmark count on folders - bookmark icons
- (2022-03-18) Darien Young: Very nice extension this. Good UI. Very useful. My favorite part is the number count of bookmarks in each folder / subfolder. The navigation is also very well done. Thanks for contributing this extension! It helped me to figure out a syncing problem I was having in just a few minutes. I installed it on two computers and could quickly and easily find out which folders were out of sync by comparing the number counts. There were only two bookmarks out of sync, and now I can continue with my work!
- (2018-10-31) Kin: Would you consider adding a feature to bookmark a bookmark folder, i.e., nested bookmark?
- (2018-08-02) Garrett Brustkern: This is awesome! I've been looking forever for a good solution to navigating bookmarks without a mouse
- (2018-06-20) Joe Zack: Really nice, just works!
- (2018-05-18) Jake Gibbs: Very handy... a much better layout and user experience than the default bookmark layout on Chrome
- (2018-05-17) Laci Gibbs: Pretty nifty! Everything is organized in one place and easy to find
- (2018-04-17) Keaten Holley: A nice workaround to my terrible bookmark structure and an inspiration to improve it.
- (2018-04-17) Cami Spackman: This navigator is a great way to quickly access all of your bookmarks. Now I don't have to worry about having too many bookmarks to search through!
- (2018-04-16) Neil Spackman: Obviously I'm going to love my own creation...and be the first to rate it!
- (2022-03-18, v:1.15.1) Darien Young: Support for Bookmarklets
Can this great extension be made to support bookmarklets? If that's not possible that's also fine, but I would just like to know about it. Thanks.
- (2019-12-26, v:1.15.1) Declan McKenna: Extension permissions
I'm eager to try this extension although I'm a bit put off by the permissions the extension has. Why does this extension need to "Read and change all your data on all the websites that you visit"?
- (2018-11-01, v:1.15.1) Kin: preserve position/folder context
Hi, I navigate to a bookmark folder via the extension, and click on a bookmark to visit a page. Later I want to visit another page from the same bookmark folder, but when I click on the extension again, I'm back to the top-level, i.e., the folder context/position is lost. I suggest preserve (or as an option) the position/folder context whenever the extension is started.
- (2018-11-01, v:1.15.1) Kin: nested bookmark
Would you consider adding a feature to bookmark a bookmark folder?
- (2018-06-20, v:1.15) Joe Zack: Still loving this!
- (2018-04-17, v:1.13) Keaten Holley: Searching from directory
(This may already be part of your priority 1): To include capability of limiting results that come up from a search bar query to the directory / folder the user occupies before he/she types query string.